PDA

View Full Version : Update On "Birdman" Chris Andersen

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Birdman On The Road To Recovery

3rd September, 2006 - 11:44 am

Denver Post - Chris Andersen was given a two-year suspension on January 27th for violating the NBA's substance abuse policy and in his first interview since, he spoke with Marc J. Spears of the Denver Post.

"I tell people I don't drink anymore and they look at me sideways," Andersen said, blaming alcohol as the root cause of his current situation. "Then they'll say, 'Seriously, let me buy you a drink.' And I'll say, 'I don't do that any more.' Some of them don't know what happened to me. But the ones that do, they respect me more for that. A couple people have told me I'm a big inspiration to them."

Declining to say which ones, Andersen said he also experimented twice with hard drugs, just before Christmas a year ago. He was given a random drug test on December 26th and he failed.

Following the suspension, Andersen voluntarily entered an alcohol rehabilitation clinic in Malibu, Calif., that cost $50,000. He completed the 30-day program and said he hasn't touched alcohol or drugs since.

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Dude is an idiot.

ALVAREZ6
09-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Fuck him.

He will never be forgotten for bricking like 79 dunks in a dunk contest while wearing long, ugly hair.

dirk4mvp
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Fuck him.

He will never be forgotten for bricking like 79 dunks in a dunk contest while wearing long, ugly hair.

:tu Agreed.

I couldn't stop laughing when he was missing all those dunks. But when he did, I was kinda awestruck. A whiteboy did that?!

He still sucks though. He was a poor man's version of Stro, which ain't good.

sickdsm
09-04-2006, 09:17 AM
One of the most athletically enternaining athletes in the NBA..........EVER.

He might suck but the dude could dunk and block shots like no one's business, two big fan draws right there.

thispego
09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Dude is an idiot.
why? for sobering up?

everyone makes mistakes, he just wasnt mature enough yet to take on the responsibilities of an NBA player. He's got two years to think it over

dirk4mvp
09-04-2006, 10:33 AM
why? for sobering up?

everyone makes mistakes, he just wasnt mature enough yet to take on the responsibilities of an NBA player. He's got two years to think it over

No, for messing up in the first place.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
No, for messing up in the first place.

And you've never messed up...?

dirk4mvp
09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
And you've never messed up...?

I've never messed my life up with drugs no.

thispego
09-04-2006, 03:14 PM
his life isnt messed up, he just lost his job

thispego
09-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Fuck him.

well, thats not his fault, if the stupid dunk contest would make a rule against unlimited tries then we would never be subjected to that bogus shit, anderson two years ago and nate robinson last year. It was sickening

ALVAREZ6
09-04-2006, 04:01 PM
well, thats not his fault, if the stupid dunk contest would make a rule against unlimited tries then we would never be subjected to that bogus shit, anderson two years ago and nate robinson last year. It was sickening
No and yes.

No for what you just said, but it's also his/their fault for attempting a dunk they can't fuckin do.

dirk4mvp
09-04-2006, 04:42 PM
No and yes.

No for what you just said, but it's also his/their fault for attempting a dunk they can't fuckin do.

Fuck! A 5'8" man did a between the legs dunk.

ALVAREZ6
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Fuck! A 5'8" man did a between the legs dunk.
I was primarily referring to fuckface Andersen

thispego
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM
im sure he practiced alot and made it once or twice, but when it came down to the big show, he just couldnt get it to go. oh well, i'm sure he was plenty embarassed

dirk4mvp
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
im sure he practiced alot and made it once or twice, but when it came down to the big show, he just couldnt get it to go. oh well, i'm sure he was plenty embarassed

I know what you mean.

:lol

Rip-Hamilton32
09-04-2006, 10:00 PM
there should never be a yrs pro limit, that way vince could win it every year

dirk4mvp
09-05-2006, 06:32 AM
there should never be a yrs pro limit, that way vince could win it every year

:tu