PDA

View Full Version : Tarell Brown busted

j-6
09-04-2006, 01:44 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0904/ncf_g_brown_195.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024

Texas starting cornerback Tarell Brown was arrested early Monday on marijuana and weapon charges, the Austin American-Statesman reported on its Web site.

Senior cornerback Tarell Brown faces misdemeanor weapons and drug charges in Travis County, Texas, according to a media report.
The newspaper reported that Brown and former Longhorns teammate Aaron Harris, who played on last year's national championship team, were booked at Travis County Central Booking Facility on Monday morning.

Brown was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon, a Class A misdemeanor in Texas, and both Brown and Harris were charged with possession of 2 ounces or less of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor, the newspaper reported.

The newspaper said according to a team official, Texas coach Mack Brown was aware of the situation but had not yet spoken to Brown.

If Brown starts against No. 1 Ohio State on Saturday, he is expected to draw the assignment of covering wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr., a Heisman Trophy hopeful.

j-6
09-04-2006, 02:12 PM
On that last line, wouldn't Chizik have put Aaron Ross on Ginn, anyway?

LaMarcus Bryant
09-04-2006, 02:30 PM
typical, fucking longhorn players are such fucking IDIOTS

everyone wants to own guns and smoke weed, but these guys are future millionaires, cant they put that shit on hold for 4 fucking years?

God, they let down hundreds of thousands of fans hwen they get suspended for shit like this..

mookie2001
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
tarrel had like 4 months to go too...

Mr Dio
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Gonna be a serious issue come draft day no matter how good his season/combine are. Idiot just lost at least a few 100 grand & possibly a few million in signing bonus & salary.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster now huh?

j-6
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM

everyone wants to own guns and smoke weed, but these guys are future millionaires, cant they put that shit on hold for 4 fucking years?

God, they let down hundreds of thousands of fans hwen they get suspended for shit like this..

When you play for the defending national champions, doesn't the dealer come over to your house? And why carry weed in public after the Ramonce debacle? Every Longhorn fan worth calling an orangeblood in Austin will smoke you out, I'd think.

thispego
09-04-2006, 02:52 PM
foolish. If i were the starting cornerback for the defending champs im sure i could think of other ways to intimidate people than carrying a gun

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
When you play for the defending national champions, doesn't the dealer come over to your house? And why carry weed in public after the Ramonce debacle? Every Longhorn fan worth calling an orangeblood in Austin will smoke you out, I'd think.

Most here know I'm not rally a fan of the Longhorns, but I would have to agree with your statement. The only reason I could think a player might not want to go that route is the same problem with using bookies.

The more people that know of your illegal actions, the more people you have to answer to.

On the football side, since I was so tired with UT fans acting like they were owed something before they won the NC, I either want UT to lose big or run the whole goddamn table and run through their path on the way to another NC.

Stop fucking around, win the whole damned season and then blow smoke and take a chance all you want.

BeerIsGood!
09-04-2006, 03:34 PM
:smokin Son of a bitch. Is it really that hard to just play ball and hang out without all of the hookers, guns, and drugs? Many people do it, why can't Ramonce and this fool? And Aaron Harris? I remember seeing this thing last year about how the town of Mesquite had an "Aaron Harris" day to celebrate this guy. Looks like he just proved the people in Mesquite who celebrated him wrong.

On the bright side... at least Harris/Brown/Taylor didn't get caught during last season. :smokin

Brutalis
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Hooked.

reydawg
09-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Fixed it for you...

But Ded, it was just a LITTLE WEED!
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/06/14/49/image_4749146.jpg <-Brown
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/13/49/image_4749139.jpg <- Gatewood

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2006, 06:27 PM
:lmao

Mr Dio
09-04-2006, 06:36 PM
They could've at least smiled for the photo!

samikeyp
09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Cut his ass.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
fucking idiots man, dude longhorns get so fucked by their players characters, its not even funny

Holmes_Fans
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/090506dnspoutledesf.68f649cd.html

"Tyrell bought the gun legally and signed all the ATF paperwork," Balagia said. "That’s his gun. He had taken it to the shooting range and forgot he had it in the car. It slid out from under the driver's seat, and Tarell picked it up and put in his lap. Then he fell asleep."
[Tarell Brown]
Police mugshot of Tarell Brown

Balagia said Brown and Gatewood took drug tests for Texas on Monday to prove they were not smoking marijuana.

"They don't engage in that kind of activity," Balagia said. "That was something Aaron Harris is taking full credit for."

tlongII
09-05-2006, 11:27 AM
It will be interesting to see what Mack Brown does here. I'm guessing that he lets Brown play against OSU.

BeerIsGood!
09-05-2006, 11:35 AM
It will be interesting to see what Mack Brown does here. I'm guessing that he lets Brown play against OSU.
He'll suspend him for that game. If it was last year then maybe, but he already has his National Championship. Now he can take the high road... :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-05-2006, 12:04 PM
"Tyrell bought the gun legally and signed all the ATF paperwork," Balagia said. "That’s his gun. He had taken it to the shooting range and forgot he had it in the car. It slid out from under the driver's seat, and Tarell picked it up and put in his lap. Then he fell asleep."
[Tarell Brown]
Police mugshot of Tarell Brown

Considering the story's already changed twice, I'll call BS. Besides, I know several concealed carry types and none of them transport their weapon from the range loaded. Further, if the range master caught you walking out of the range with a loaded weapon, it'd be your ass.

Balagia said Brown and Gatewood took drug tests for Texas on Monday to prove they were not smoking marijuana.

"They don't engage in that kind of activity," Balagia said. "That was something Aaron Harris is taking full credit for."

We get it, they weren't smoking, they were dealing. :lol

gtownspur
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Old news...

You heard it from me first.

gtownspur
09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
mookie and J-6, told ya bitches TB would be arrested!!

LaMarcus Bryant
09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Considering the story's already changed twice, I'll call BS. Besides, I know several concealed carry types and none of them transport their weapon from the range loaded. Further, if the range master caught you walking out of the range with a loaded weapon, it'd be your ass.

We get it, they weren't smoking, they were dealing. :lol
aggy get so scared by marijuana they see one half blunt and think the guy's a baller

Mr Dio
09-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Looks like Mack decided to suspend TB & TG.

mookie2001
09-05-2006, 06:37 PM
mookie and J-6, told ya bitches TB would be arrested!!gtown what the hell are you talking about?

j-6
09-05-2006, 06:40 PM
gtown what the hell are you talking about?

He "told" us in his own thread like half a day after this Tarell Brown thread was up. No big deal.

mookie2001
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
a montana st. cb could transfer and play right away right?, since theyre AA

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
aggy get so scared by marijuana they see one half blunt and think the guy's a baller

Who says I'm scared of it? I've known plenty of people who smoked, even had a roommate that lit up every night.

Slight difference between that and cruising around with a loaded nine in your lap at 3 AM.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Lawyer: sheriff's deputies used a Taser in arrests of Gatewood, Brown
Two defensive backs suspended for game against Ohio State.

By Suzanne Halliburton
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The lawyer representing two suspended Texas football players said Travis County deputies unnecessarily used Tasers on Tarell Brown and Tyrell Gatewood before they were arrested early Monday morning.

Jamie Balagio, the attorney for Brown and Gatewood, requested that a videotape of the arrest be made public.

"They were both unnecessarily Tasered," Balagia told the American-Statesman on Tuesday evening. "If a tape is there, let them release it to the media."

"The only time you use a Taser is to prevent you from using a gun," Balagia said. "Basically, they said, 'We Tasered them because we didn't want to shoot them to death.' "

Texas coach Mack Brown announced earlier in the day that the two Longhorns will not play Saturday against Ohio State. Brown is a three-year starter at cornerback. Gatewood is a reserve safety and plays on UT's punt-coverage and kickoff-return special teams.

The two were arrested at 2:48 a.m. Monday along with Aaron Harris, a former Longhorns linebacker.

Brown did not say how long the suspension would be in effect.

"I would like to ask that everybody respect their privacy," Brown said, "and understand that there is a legal system. And the American way is to make sure that everybody has an opportunity to go through that system and has their rights before it's determined whether someone is guilty or not.

"And on the other hand, we have to look at four different factions as a head football coach when you're looking at issues: number one, you have to look at the legal system and cooperate with the authorities completely. Number two, you go through the university because that is who we work for.

"Number three, you are concerned about distractions for your football team and you want to move forward because No. 1 is playing No. 2 this weekend, and it's such an exciting game for all of us. And number four, you care about the three young men that were involved and their families."

Brown and Gatewood were riding with Harris early Monday morning when Harris was pulled over by sheriff's deputies for erratic driving. Harris passed field sobriety tests, but according to the arrest affidavit, admitted that he had been smoking marijuana. Harris had .7 grams of marijuana in his pocket, and deputies found 1.1 grams of pot under the front seat of the car.

Deputies said they saw Gatewood and Brown asleep in the car — Gatewood in the front seat and Brown in the back. They said a loaded 9mm handgun was in Brown's lap. There was no mention in the probable cause affidavit that the deputies used a Taser to subdue the players. The deputies said once they saw the gun, they went back to the patrol car to call for more officers. Harris already was in one of the officers' car.

"We then went back up and made contact with the passengers," the affidavit said.

Brown was charged with possession of a handgun, a Class A misdemeanor, and possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor. Gatewood and Harris each was charged with possession of marijuana.

Roger Wade, spokesman for the sheriff's department, said he could not comment on the case.

The two players met with Brown on Monday afternoon after they were released from jail. They voluntarily took a urine test Monday to prove that they had not been smoking marijuana. Balagia said the results of the tests were not available as of late Tuesday.

Harris and his family met with UT football staff Tuesday afternoon. Harris declined comment. Tarell Brown and Gatewood are roommates. Harris, who completed his eligibility last fall, is enrolled at UT and is temporarily staying with Brown and Gatewood.

Balagia said that Gatewood had bought the gun for "recreational" purposes and had used it at an indoor shooting range about two weeks ago. Balagia said Gatewood forgot to take the gun into his apartment. Brown saw it on the floorboard in the back seat, Balagia said, and offered to take it inside once the three arrived home Monday morning.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-06-2006, 03:09 AM

:madrun I think of that shit all the time. If you really think about it with practice, class and games 4 years should just fly right?

johngateswhiteley
09-06-2006, 03:47 AM
being a college male athlete is easy:

1. bang hot chicks
2. drink underage at parties
3. smoke weed if you want @ safe areas
4. go to class
5. go to practice

...it is so amazingly easy and easy to stay out of trouble. these guys are just plain dumb.

sa_butta
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Texas cornerback Tarell Brown, who was arrested and charged early Monday with misdemeanor drug and weapon charges, has been suspended for the No. 2 Longhorns' game this Saturday against top-ranked Ohio State, coach Mack Brown announced Tuesday.

Tyrell Gatewood, a backup junior linebacker and special teams player who was also charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, will not play either, Brown said.

"I'm just trying to get through Saturday," Brown said. "As a head coach, No. 1 you have to look at the legal system and cooperate with the authorities completely. No. 2, you must go through the university because that's who we work for. No. 3, you are concerned about distractions for your football team. We want to move forward because it's No. 1 playing No. 2 and it's such an exciting game for all of us.

"No. 4, you care about the three young men involved and their families. We will try to help the families individually and move forward with our team for the ballgame on Saturday."

Brown did not say if the suspensions would extend beyond Saturday's game.

"We've got good players and good coaches and we will be ready to play," he said.

Also Tuesday, the lawyer representing the suspended players alleged Travis County deputies unnecessarily used Tasers on his clients. Lawyer Jamie Balagia said he wants a videotape of the arrest made public.

"They were both unnecessarily tasered," Balagia said in a story posted Tuesday on the Austin American-Statesman's Web site. "If a tape is there, let them release it to the media."

Travis County Sheriff's spokesman Roger Wade declined comment on the case.

"We don't respond until we get to court," Wade said.

The loss of Brown, a senior and Texas' top cover corner, represents a huge blow to a defensive unit considered the Longhorns' strength this season. Brown was likely to draw the assignment of covering Buckeye wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr., one of Ohio State's top playmakers.

The Longhorns could start junior Brandon Foster or sophomore Ryan Palmer. Foster has played in 22 games and Palmer in 10 last season. Neither has been a starter.

Brown was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon, a loaded 9 mm handgun, a Class A misdemeanor, and possession of under 2 ounces of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor.

Gatewood and former Texas linebacker Aaron Harris were charged with the same drug misdemeanor.

The attorney for Brown and Gatewood said Monday that Gatewood legally purchased the gun earlier this year and that neither of them smoked the marijuana found in the car.

The gun charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine. The drug charge carries a maximum of 180 days in a jail and a $2,000 fine.

Brown and Gatewood were released on personal recognizance bond Monday afternoon and Harris was released later in the day.

According to the arrest affidavit filed by Travis County deputies, the three were in a car Harris was driving on Interstate 35 about 2:50 a.m. A deputy pulled the group over after watching the car weave erratically and nearly strike another car.

According to the report, Harris got out of the car when pulled over and Brown and Gatewood were asleep. Harris passed a field sobriety test but told the deputy he had been smoking marijuana and there was "some" in the car.

When deputies approached the vehicle they saw Brown, who was sitting in the back seat asleep, with his hand on a gun in his lap.

Under state law, a person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club.

The officers also reported finding a marijuana "blunt" under the front seat and charged all three with possession. Only Brown was charged with a weapons violation.

Balagia said Gatewood bought the gun at a store and left it in the car after going to a shooting range a couple weeks earlier.

Balagia said Brown picked up the gun only after it slid out from under the front seat and intended to bring it inside when the players got home.

"It was in his lap but he was not intentionally violating the law," Balagia said. "Tarell does nothing to suggest he's doing anything illegal or intentionally violating the law. I think what we have is a misunderstanding." Balagia also said Brown and Gatewood underwent urine tests at school Monday to prove they didn't smoke the marijuana.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574915

Extra Stout
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Hello... it's Aggie as in agriculture as in greenhouses and heat lamps. East Texas cottage industry, I tell you.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
It's all fun and games until somebody gets tased.

Sheriff: Player arrests appropriate

Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 04:51 PM

Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton said this afternoon that deputies did use Taser stun guns when arresting two University of Texas football players and a former player earlier this week following a traffic stop. Hamilton said he has reviewed the evidence and reports about the arrests and “I am comfortable that the actions taken were appropriate.”

LaMarcus Bryant
09-06-2006, 05:39 PM
MOOKIE CHANGE THIS THREAD TITLE TO "Tarell Brown: John Conlee busted" or something like that