PDA

View Full Version : Spurs worried about Lakers...again...

Sportcamper
10-26-2004, 09:45 AM
At last nights game with a worried look on his face was Spurs Scout Danny Ferry (and ex Spurs teammate Steve Kerr)...watching the new revamped Lakers toy with Seattle....

LA Lakers 117, Seattle 91

Spurs Steve Kerr says "The Lakers are Still the team to beat"

Dismantled Lakers still championship material (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylc=X3oDMTBpbjllZDY5BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0b g--)

2pac
10-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Funny.

1. Ray Allen didn't play.
2. This is freakin preseason
3. The Sonic suck.

Bring something fresh.

MySpurs
10-26-2004, 10:07 AM
It's puff, puff PASS Sport...

timvp
10-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, MySpurs.

:hat

P.S.

Will the Lakers make the playoffs?

SLOVENIAN 8
10-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Lakers will be good this season!!!
They got some very good players, and Divac not even play in preaseason!

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Radosoft concerns me this season!!!
He better have found his aggressiveness!

Medvedenko
10-26-2004, 11:04 AM
The Lakers will be fine...they killed the Clips, Suns, and Sonics with their bench...Kobe has played spartan minutes while Odom played like ass. So things look good..oh and Slava has only played in 1 game. But alas, it's only the preseason...remember the Lakers during their championships never had this good of preseason. So it kind of means squat. Still nice to see.

picnroll
10-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Duncan will have the entire Lakers frontline in foul trouble and then some clueless Lakers fans will be whining about the refs.

AlamoSpursFan
10-26-2004, 11:42 AM
When did DFerry get demoted? I thought he had a fancy schmancy title. Now he's just "Spurs Scout"?

Sportcamper
10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
The bottom line....The Spurs are very worried about this revamped Lakers Team...Check the Box Score...A new offensive threat every night...

Chris Mihm, Brian Grant on the boards....These guys are The Real Deal! :elephant

TheWriter
10-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Dude... Am as worried about this Lakers preseason team as I am about how shitty Brent Barry is going to be this upcoming season and how bad the Spurs will be if we're going by PRE-FUCKIN'-SEASON numnuts.

But I guess since this is pretty much all the Lakers fans have to be "proud" of, a meaningless preseason record, they can have it. Cherish it, record it, take a picture. Because this will be the best they do.

And could Steve Kerr being at the game have to do with the fact that he now lives in San Diego where the game took place. And could Danny's being there have to do with maybe the fact he was visiting his friend? Nah, or could it be that you're a complete dumbass.

FYI. Danny Ferrry is President of Player Development not a scout.

2pac
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
The bottom line....The Spurs are very worried about this revamped Lakers Team...Check the Box Score...A new offensive threat every night...

Chris Mihm, Brian Grant on the boards....These guys are The Real Deal! :elephant

Bottom line - you are making up inferences on what you believe Spurs players and coached feel based on your own myopic takes on the Lakers' new team.

jcrod
10-26-2004, 12:27 PM

:lol
Nobody worried about the Lakers, let alone the Spurs. They'll be good, but not worried good.

Guru of Nothing
10-26-2004, 12:35 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/mateo/fish2.gif

iminlakerland
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Man let me put this out there. The Lakers played well last night but did you see who was playing for Seattle? Good god their 3 best players weren't even playing. Jesus Shuttlesworth is hurt (aww poor baby) Rashard Lewis didnt play, Flip Murray didnt play. I mean what more did you expect out of the Sonics?

Look folks this is preseason. I can admit the lakers are looking better than I had expected but im not gona start throwing a parade down Figueroa just yet. I do believe the lakers will make the playoffs in the Pacific division. How far they will go is yet to be seen. The team looks to have a lot of cohesion and seems like the guys really do like one another. But how far will that carry them. In my opinion we have a weak front court. If you expect Lamard Odom to be playing PF for most of the season hes gona get beaten and banged up. As long as Brian Grant can play only about 25-30 minutes a game i think he will remain healthy.

The Lakers still havent played Devean George or Vlade Divac so this team isnt quite yet complete. We havent seen the end product yet. The team is fun to watch and we have many threats. Im excited to see what this season brings. But hey lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Medvedenko
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
True dat...remember Slava hasn't played....

Useruser666
10-26-2004, 02:06 PM
1000 Slavas won't make a difference. And Sportscamper reminds me of a superhero I once heard about. I think his name was "The Bullshitter". or maybe it was "The Denialer". I forget.

Medvedenko
10-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Blah, blah...thanks User666 for that semblence of humour. The spurs will have a better team than the Lakers, there I said it. We're just having our best preseason in 7 years and are a little giddy. Still it's means as much as a sack of smashed assholes.

2pac
10-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Blah, blah...thanks User666 for that semblence of humour. The spurs will have a better team than the Lakers, there I said it. We're just having our best preseason in 7 years and are a little giddy. Still it's means as much as a sack of smashed assholes.

Smashed assholes work as currency in Austin.

Useruser666
10-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Don't know what the devaluation is for being smashed.

http://www.thetrickery.com/ama/med/acmeportablehole.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I, for one, am impressed by the Laker fans hanging onto whatever thread of hope they can for the upcoming season.

Heck, getting the sixth seed and a 1-4 post season isn't going to be too bad for them. I'd call that downright respectable.

mysterious_elf26
10-26-2004, 04:00 PM

Man, if you Laker fans are using the pre-season as any indication of how the regular season could turn out, you guys must be desperate. No one is scared of the Shaq-less lakers. They will find out, teams were afraid of Shaq, not kobe, and definately not any of the heat players they accquired.

Get ready for the lottery Laker fans.

iminlakerland
10-26-2004, 04:22 PM
They will find out, teams were afraid of Shaq, not kobe, and definately not any of the heat players they accquired.

Get ready for the lottery Laker fans.

You sure no one was afraid of Kobe? I'd beg to differ especially since i believe your a spur fan.

Insert foot into mouth now.

SLOVENIAN 8
10-26-2004, 04:23 PM
At Lakers the Slovenian rookie Sasha Vujacic is playing good. He got 8 asists in 16 minuts but FG% is not good jet!

Medvedenko
10-26-2004, 04:39 PM
I guess I give too much credit to the spurs fans...do you guys even read....If you read any of my posts it typifies realism, not some delusions of grandeur, like LA will contend for the title. Only 1 team can win per year, remember that.

Sportcamper
10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I agree that the Sonics are not going anywhere but it was shameful the way Ray Allen called out Kobe Bryant & then Allen just sat on the bench and hid behind his teammates...

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/graphics/taxonomy/Animals/Aves/Domestic%20Chicken/JSC%200105%20Chicken%2001.JPG
Ray Allen...

Phenomanul
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
You sure no one was afraid of Kobe? I'd beg to differ especially since i believe your a spur fan.

Insert foot into mouth now.

:nope Not so fast there... I'm sure a few women out there :lmao are afraid of Kobe...

CosmicCowboy
10-26-2004, 05:23 PM
http://www.kirksfishing.com/kathys/bgpictures4.jpg/greggsstringer.jpg

looks like you had a good day Sportcamper!...:lmao

Sportcamper
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
That’s not fair Cosmic...

Mr. Ferry really was scouting the Lakers last night & both he & Steve Kerr looked very worried...I think the Spurs have great cause for concern...Just when they thought it might get easier with Shaq out of the picture BAM...Lakers kick it up a notch...

Mitch should get GM of the year! :elephant

Kaster
10-26-2004, 06:15 PM
I can't tell, but is this a joke thread Sportcamper? The Lakers intimidate the Spurs about as much as Rasho intimidates Shaq.

The Lakers will make the playoffs this year and maybe get past the first round. But the Spurs will win the title.

FromWayDowntown
10-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Man, what's with Ray Allen's sudden chirping about everyone else in the NBA -- first Bruce Bowen and now Kobe?

Mark in Austin
10-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Chris Mihm, Brian Grant on the boards....These guys are The Real Deal!

:lol LMFAO!

Guru of Nothing
10-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Mihm and Grant - Shaq Hu and Shaq Pu.

LakerGod
10-27-2004, 12:22 AM
I would be nice to see all these spurs fans eating crow when the Lakers beat the crap out of them during regular season and playoffs.

And YES! the Lakers WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

LakerGod
10-27-2004, 12:24 AM
I can't tell, but is this a joke thread Sportcamper? The Lakers intimidate the Spurs about as much as Rasho intimidates Shaq.

The Lakers will make the playoffs this year and maybe get past the first round. But the Spurs will win the title.
LOL :lol

The Spurs will not win the Title.

Please come out of the closet already.

TheWriter
10-27-2004, 12:51 AM
LakerGod has to be a retarded baboon. No one can be this stupid. Can they? Seriously. Can they?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Kobe has played spartan minutes

WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE. I seem to recall #8 playing 44 minutes in the Golden State game, nothing very "spartan" about that.

aka_USAPA
10-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Duncan will have the entire Lakers frontline in foul trouble and then some clueless Lakers fans will be whining about the refs.

Duncan will have any team in foul trouble although I will have second thoughts about the Rockets. TMAC may not be Kobe and Yao may not be Shaq but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets eliminate the Spurs in a series as soon as this year. The Spurs really miss David Robinson who was a key to the 2 championships the Spurs won. No offense to Nesterovic but he is just no Admiral.

aka_USAPA
10-27-2004, 02:13 AM
Man, what's with Ray Allen's sudden chirping about everyone else in the NBA -- first Bruce Bowen and now Kobe?

People are jealous of Kobe. Shaq, Phil Jackson, the Kings and their fans, and even a lot of posters in this board. Why should Ray Allen any different?

timvp
10-27-2004, 02:30 AM
What's classic is a Laker fan coming to a Spurs board telling them the Rockets are going to beat them. They can't even troll for their own team anymore.

:lmao

Kaster
10-27-2004, 03:41 AM
What's classic is a Laker fan coming to a Spurs board telling them the Rockets are going to beat them. They can't even troll for their own team anymore.

Come one timvp, we've been trolling these boards since the Lakers kicked the crap out of the Spurs in 2001. :elephant

Kaster
10-27-2004, 03:41 AM
LOL :lol

The Spurs will not win the Title.

Please come out of the closet already.

Please, just die.

ShoogarBear
10-27-2004, 06:46 AM
What I wanna know is, how do these guys with only 2-3 posts get titles under their names already?

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
I think we should have vMoney fines for certain things here. Trolling costs you $50 vDollars. We can elect a jury or something to decide.

Why would Steve Kerr be worried about how well the Lakers are playing? Is it because he thinks they might just be competition for the Suns?

Nikihtgrl
10-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Man let me put this out there. The Lakers played well last night but did you see who was playing for Seattle? Good god their 3 best players weren't even playing. Jesus Shuttlesworth is hurt (aww poor baby) Rashard Lewis didnt play, Flip Murray didnt play. I mean what more did you expect out of the Sonics?

Look folks this is preseason. I can admit the lakers are looking better than I had expected but im not gona start throwing a parade down Figueroa just yet. I do believe the lakers will make the playoffs in the Pacific division. How far they will go is yet to be seen. The team looks to have a lot of cohesion and seems like the guys really do like one another. But how far will that carry them. In my opinion we have a weak front court. If you expect Lamard Odom to be playing PF for most of the season hes gona get beaten and banged up. As long as Brian Grant can play only about 25-30 minutes a game i think he will remain healthy.

The Lakers still havent played Devean George or Vlade Divac so this team isnt quite yet complete. We havent seen the end product yet. The team is fun to watch and we have many threats. Im excited to see what this season brings. But hey lets not get ahead of ourselves.

same iminlakersland on yahoo's nba chatroom? if true whats up.........shanhtgrl.

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 01:51 PM

The Lakers are rebuilding and now Kobe will actually get the opportunity to answer the question if he can win without Shaq. He'll have a team built around him. I'd be very surprised if they do it this year but we'll just have to wait and see. It's just a matter of time.

So far, Timmy has proven he can't win without Robinson, and he's a 2-time MVP (although I could be wrong on the 2-time MVP thing because it's not interesting enough for me to do reasearch on it).

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
This year, the question for Timmy continues. Can he win without a dominant big man next to him?

THE_SHOES
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
The Lakers are rebuilding and now Kobe will actually get the opportunity to answer the question if he can win without Shaq. He'll have a team built around him. I'd be very surprised if they do it this year but we'll just have to wait and see. It's just a matter of time.

So far, Timmy has proven he can't win without Robinson, and he's a 2-time MVP (although I could be wrong on the 2-time MVP thing because it's not interesting enough for me to do reasearch on it).

The interesting thing about that team in LA is this...
They are taking the criticism of being in rebuild mode personal.
That attitude alone could prove to be an adequate force...

The Lakers look like a team that is missing several skill sets and, have way to many 3's...

I don't know...Looks like regular butt whoopins could be imminant!
It could be "T-Mac theatre" in La La land....

UwantedKobe
10-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Or can he score at all against Malone if he returns?

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Not if, when.

UwantedKobe
10-28-2004, 02:02 PM
I agree he will be back..he loves playing too much to just walk away

THE_SHOES
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Especially if it looks as if the Lakers are going to hurt somebody...
Malone will be back in a heartbeat...

UwantedKobe
10-28-2004, 02:08 PM
At last nights game with a worried look on his face was Spurs Scout Danny Ferry (and ex Spurs teammate Steve Kerr)...watching the new revamped Lakers toy with Seattle....

LA Lakers 117, Seattle 91

Spurs Steve Kerr says "The Lakers are Still the team to beat"

Dismantled Lakers still championship material (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylc=X3oDMTBpbjllZDY5BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0b g--)

The Laker starters barely played...our bench has ben laying it down on most teams

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 02:08 PM
I know what you mean, shoes. That's why the Spurs wanted him so.

THE_SHOES
10-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Well, next week the seriousness that is between these two team will beggin anew...

Can't wait for that first meeting knowing how notorious the Spurs are for starting slow...

Could be that the Lakers hand out the first slap...

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 02:20 PM
The running game of the Lakers will be tested vs. the slow, boring game of the Spurs. That should be interesting.

THE_SHOES
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Funny USAPA!That's what the Kingsfan used to say about the Lakers!

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
The difference is that Kings fans always thought that they were rivals of the Lakers. This Laker team is rebuilding, that makes it more interesting.

On the other hand, this rebuilding Lakers already plays better defense than the Kings ever did over a 5 year period of time.

UwantedKobe
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't care what is said...the Laker's bench is soooo soooo deep

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2004, 02:35 PM
I can't believe I just wasted 43 seconds scrolling through this thread.

Medvedenko
10-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Awwe yes the smack begins...

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Considering your post count, 43 seconds is nothing compared to the total time you've wasted.

THE_SHOES
10-28-2004, 02:55 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah ahahahaaha!!!
USAPA!! You've still got it!!!

Slo spurs fan
10-28-2004, 04:24 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah ahahahaaha!!!
USAPA!! You've still got it!!!
Instead of this aaaaaaaaahahah-ha shit you can use :elephant or :lol or :spin you know!

:smokin

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Isn't that cute! Welcome THE_SHOES and aka_USAPA! The Spursreport's first set of conjoined twins! :lol

timvp
10-28-2004, 05:02 PM
:rollin

aka_USAPA
10-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Isn't that cute! Welcome THE_SHOES and aka_USAPA! The Spursreport's first set of conjoined twins! :lol

Like cute guys, eh?

Rummpd
10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Spurs worried about the Lakers - a probable 8 seed at best. HAH:blah :lol :smokin IT THE PRESEASON!!!!

The Lakers are a friggen mirage right now.

As the Western powers, excluding the Kings and Mavs, teams play defense = which will be a foreign object to the Fakers = the Fakers are headed for a 41-41 season at best.

Mark it down. Kobe is not Michael Jordan and he does not have a Scotty Pippen etc. playing with him. Don't give me Odom - back in LA he is even money to back in cop land by mid season. :blah

MadDoc