PDA

View Full Version : Who here is going to be watching the results on election day?

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Will you be sitting at home with a few beers or sodas, some snacks and surfing the TV stations (except conservatives who will only watch FoxNews) looking at the "projected winner" theories from the pundits?

Or will you say who cares and be watching HBO or a DVD or go to bed early and have some great sex?

I'll probably be flip-flopping the channels and slammin' some good ole' American beer and wait to see what happens.

No matter who wins, I'm going to be a happy man.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2004, 10:14 AM
If one doesn't watch Fox News are they not a "conservative"?

Brodels
10-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I'll have some beer and watch the results. The presidential race is important, but I'll be really interested in our local races and issues. There are some very important things on the ballot here in Maine this season. Chief among them is a proposed California-style tax cap.

travis2
10-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Will you be sitting at home with a few beers or sodas, some snacks and surfing the TV stations (except conservatives who will only watch FoxNews) looking at the "projected winner" theories from the pundits?

Or will you say who cares and be watching HBO or a DVD or go to bed early and have some great sex?

I'll probably be flip-flopping the channels and slammin' some good ole' American beer and wait to see what happens.

No matter who wins, I'm going to be a happy man.

You know, I could say that only left-wing wackos watch ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN and you wouldn't care much for that, would you?

Heal thyself.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:17 AM
There are some good local races to be watching for sure.

I watch all the news channels to be fair and balanced and have the no-spon zone factor as well.

Samurai Jane
10-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I have meetings so I can't watch.. I'll just wait and see... It will probably be tied up in litigation for weeks afterward anyway...

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:21 AM
You know, I could say that only left-wing wackos watch ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN and you wouldn't care much for that, would you?

Heal thyself.

Damn, has everyone become so sensetive?

It was joke people. I don't care what you say about me.

That would have been funny. Why didn't you just say it?

I admit I don't like "labels" so my comment was wrong.

I take it back. Can we all be friends now?

travis2
10-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Talk to your "buddies", Joe.

I accept your apology...but if you're trying to tell me I have no business being "sensitive", then you haven't been paying attention.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I concur. It is too bad that a little humor can cause such a reaction and this election has brought out the worse in some and some discussions have turned personal and ugly.
I admit my defenses come up when there are certain topics posted against the candidate that I support but I think that is natural when someone says something negative about something we support.
I even know some families who have been split due to different political views and that is a sad thing.
I have many conservative republican friends and we discuss politics but we always walk away friends. Mutual respect is what makes it possible.

travis2
10-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Joe, I guess what really kills me is the blatant hypocrisy. To be accused of doing something that (a) the accuser has been doing for years, (b) denies doing, and (c) immediately follows up with his usual behavior, makes me doubt the sanity of anyone who holds those viewpoints, you know?

IcemanCometh
10-26-2004, 11:59 AM
you're all a bunch of pricks

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I've been called a big prick before, but not for my political views.

CrazyOne
10-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Joe, I like your humor... now, your take on the issues is completely backwards, but that's for another thread... :lol

I'll be flipping around all the stations, particularly to see the Dan Rathers of the media start crying when their guy loses.

gophergeorge
10-26-2004, 01:41 PM
I'll stick with Fox.... thank you very much....

I have it on good word the the other networks will call the election for Kerry in an attempt to stop some people from voting...

10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Why would anyone watch anything but Fox News?

http://www.1067wjfk.com/ups/gallery_dm/lauriedhue.jpg

SpursWoman
10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
I watch it for the articles, 1369. :fro

10-26-2004, 01:51 PM
I watch it for the articles, 1369. :fro

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

xrayzebra
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
I have meetings so I can't watch.. I'll just wait and see... It will probably be tied up in litigation for weeks afterward anyway...

Bob-oh-boy, I hope you are wrong, but I suspect that you may be more
correct than you would believe. Who was it said "kill all the lawyers"?

But I will be watching all the channels, mostly Fox, but they will all get my
attention.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2004, 01:59 PM
http://www.hispaniconline.com/magazine/2003/nov/images/trendsetters-Morales.jpg

Natalie Morales on NBC is pretty hot.

Hook Dem
10-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Of course we'll all be watching Joe. Like voting, it's the American thing to do. I'll refrain from making any political comments and just say that you have been one of the most pleasant to cross swords with. You sir, are a gentleman.