PDA

View Full Version : 2 Time MVP?

MajorMike
09-05-2006, 02:55 PM
If the Cards continue to win can Big Al still beat out Howard for MVP?

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/09/03/pujols-large.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I think so.

Pujols' average is higher and I believe I read where he has more GW-RBI than Howard. I think the only way Howard could win it would be if the Phillies can overtake the Cards and win the wildcard. I think the voters would shy away from voting for the other if their respective teams didn't make the playoffs.

leemajors
09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
everyone is saying it's between howard and one of the mets. if pujols hadn't got hurt he would probably be running away with it.

p.s. - JB, the phillies are in the east.

King
09-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I think so.

Pujols' average is higher and I believe I read where he has more GW-RBI than Howard. I think the only way Howard could win it would be if the Phillies can overtake the Cards and win the wildcard. I think the voters would shy away from voting for the other if their respective teams didn't make the playoffs.

It's 21-13 in favor of Al in GW RBI.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2006, 05:38 PM
p.s. - JB, the phillies are in the east.

Wildcard. And I'm meaning if the Cards can't hold off the Reds.

MajorMike
09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Jrs out. No bullpen. They are a losing tream on the road and play @ scrubs, @ strobes, @ Pitt and @ Fla to end the season. They are already 6 back with the Cards playing the best ball in the NL right now. Reds are done, period. Only the scrubs and Zona are playing worse ball than the Reds right now. The strobes have a better shot at the WC than the Reds do, and I guarantee you the strobes ain't going either.

leemajors
09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
the reds do have a running tradition of the late season choke.