PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the biggest impact, Bonner Butler or Elson?

Jonathan
09-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Which player will bring more impact? Fatass, Boner or Franisco aka Ricky Martin's Solo music.

Matt Bonner
09-06-2006, 06:19 PM
It's definately going to be me.
I'm going to spread the defense with my 3-pt shooting ability, drawing out the opposing teams big men.

I have also worked on my defense a lot this summer.

Jonathan
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Thats good to hear Matt Bonner how many points do you think you can average for us?

Matt Bonner
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
well it highly depends on how much time coach is willing to give me.
With a reasonable amount of playing time, I am aiming for up to 15ppg.

Kori Ellis
09-06-2006, 06:29 PM
:rolleyes Please stop with the usernames named after players. And try to at least have some sort of intelligent basketball conversation.

I hope that Butler will have the biggest impact by year's end. I think Bonner will probably do what he does (hit some 3's and hustle) but one of the centers needs to really contribute this year. I don't think it will be Elson, so I hope it's Butler.

Pero
09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Rasho will have a bigger impact than any of those....

.... by not being there. :lol

Jonathan
09-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Kori, Elson has more experience so shouldn't we expect him to have the most impact considering Jackie is still young?

boutons_
09-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Elson is 30 and hasn't done shit in 3 years in the NBA,
he's done less that Rasho did before he came to Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Thankfully, he costs less than half of what Rasho does...

I say Jackie Butler. He's a young kid with all the physical attributes to be a balla. I reckon Rob and Timmy will teach him an enormous amount and by mid year he'll be starting for us, or playing more minutes off the bench than Elson does starting - it might make sense to have him in the game when Tim is out as he has can score in the low post from what I've seen... and under Timmy's tutelage, his post game can only get better!

Rynospursfan
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
:rolleyes Please stop with the usernames named after players. And try to at least have some sort of intelligent basketball conversation.

Yes please, it is not funny and I am getting tired of wading through all the BS to try and find some intelligent conversation.

I think Elson will get the most PT out of the three, but he will just be filling in for the Rasho/Nazr role. Bonner is the player I think will make the most impact but he will be playing behind Duncan unless they choose to move Timmy to the 5. Unless there are some injuries to the front line I really don't think Butler will be playing much this year. The guy still needs some development, but in the long run I am hoping he makes the biggest impact.

RC's Boss
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Butler on pffense, Elson on defense and rebounds

Phenomanul
09-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Thankfully, he costs less than half of what Rasho does...

I say Jackie Butler. He's a young kid with all the physical attributes to be a balla. I reckon Rob and Timmy will teach him an enormous amount and by mid year he'll be starting for us, or playing more minutes off the bench than Elson does starting - it might make sense to have him in the game when Tim is out as he has can score in the low post from what I've seen... and under Timmy's tutelage, his post game can only get better!

'Rob' as in Robinson or 'Rob' as in Robert Horry?

Dre_7
09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I think this year Elson will have the biggest impact of the three. But in the long run, I think Butler will end up being the best of the three. Hes young and has alota potential. Mix that with playing for the Spurs and learning from Pop and Duncan, he will be a starting Center for a long time.

mavs>spurs2
09-06-2006, 11:26 PM
None of the above. Elson and Butler will fill the gap left by Nazi and Nesterovic but won't have much of an impact. By midseason Bonner will be riding the bench. Eric Williams should be a choice. The biggest impact will be a healthy Tim Duncan.

mavs>spurs2
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
What's the deal with Williams anyway? Is he going to be a Spur next season or not?

jbspurs
09-07-2006, 12:37 AM
For me, I think it's going to be Elson! I think all he needs is playing time to get his confidence back.

jbspurs
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
I think this year Elson will have the biggest impact of the three. But in the long run, I think Butler will end up being the best of the three. Hes young and has alota potential. Mix that with playing for the Spurs and learning from Pop and Duncan, he will be a starting Center for a long time.

I AGREE!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
'Rob' as in Robinson or 'Rob' as in Robert Horry?

As in Big Shot Rob.

I say that because, although not a post player, the guy's basketball IQ and all-around technical ability are incredible. I am not suggesting he's going to teach the kid to shoot 3s, just that a big man of any style of play, in fact any basketball player, can learn a lot from Mr Robert Horry. He Should be Dr Horry, PhD in Balla. Besides the 3s and the Clutch, he is Mr Intangible.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Butler has the long term potential, but Elson will only fill the void left by Rash and Nazr. I don't expect anything from this position except for the hopes that pop gives Fabricio playing time so we can see what he can offer the team.

Fillmoe
09-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Butler is going to tear shit up

gospursgojas
09-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Fatass

BeerIsGood!
09-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes please, it is not funny and I am getting tired of wading through all the BS to try and find some intelligent conversation.

This far into the offseason I don't think there is anything Spurs related that hasn't been talked to death. So you're probably going to get more and more BS until November or until the Spurs make any additional moves this offseason (if they do).

alamo50
09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
We will be seeing the best of Elson's career with us in silver and black.
And to anybody who knows his stats when playing 20+ minutes you know you are excited......oh yeah he is playing with Timmy now too.

SequSpur
09-07-2006, 12:12 PM
None of them, unless they sell beer.

lebomb
09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Butler

wildbill2u
09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Which player will bring more impact? Fatass, Boner or Franisco aka Ricky Martin's Solo music.
Elson will become the player fans love to hate. He's not too good and people will ask for more than he can give.

Bonner will become a fan favorite with his hustle and treys. They will ignore his defensive liabilities. Cheers will go up in the stands for Bonner! Bonner! Bonner!

Butler will be the reserve center who comes in and does some nifty things on occasion, and will be the locus of a 'center controversy' much like a quarterback controversy.

Solid D
09-07-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Butler_Jackie_nyk_060307.jpg

DieMrBond
09-07-2006, 10:19 PM
http://www.studioaarts.com/portfolio/illustration/butler.jpg

MB20
09-08-2006, 08:49 AM
My money is on Butler

GrandeDavid
09-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Jackie Butler. Practicing every day with and playing alongside the greatest power forward ever can only help his development. Plus, Coach Popovich and his staff are not exactly poor teachers of the game. So I´m looking for Butler to really make an impact after the All Star break. I think the other guys will be steady.

boutons_
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
"Practicing every day with and playing alongside the greatest power forward ever can only help his development"

hmm, I learned my lesson about THAT synergy with Rasho. :lol

bdictjames
09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I've only seen Elson play... he's raw but he's got potential. I think he will be the perfect frontcourt partner of Duncan

Pero
09-08-2006, 08:56 PM
I've only seen Elson play... he's raw but he's got potential. I think he will be the perfect frontcourt partner of Duncan

A 30 year old player can have potential?

SpursWillOwn
09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
why not? everyone's peak different bitch

Pero
09-09-2006, 08:07 PM
bitch

Gee, thanks...

Matt Bonner
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
It's definately going to be me.
I'm going to spread the defense with my 3-pt shooting ability, drawing out the opposing teams big men.

I have also worked on my defense a lot this summer.

Looks like I was correct.

baseline bum
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I think it'll be Boner.