PDA

View Full Version : Slam's Starting 5:Tim Duncan Q & A...

milkyway21
09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
anybody checked on this one?
(sorry if this was posted on this site already)

http://slamonline.com/online/2006/08/starting-5-tim-duncan-qa/

but, Tim Duncan is hilarious :lmao :tu :tu

and here are some of the feedback:

77 Responses to “Starting 5: Tim Duncan Q&A”
Bernie from Phoenix Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 6:30 pm
Loved the direct deposit question!! That was hilarious!!!

Alex Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 6:48 pm
Thanks Lang. I seriously have wondered about that paycheck question. Good stuff.

Aaron Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 7:00 pm
From now and I think Duncan should not be referred to as the “Big Fundamental” but the “Brontosaurus” instead. No thing fits his personality and look more. Go back and watch Jurassic Park and smell what I’m cookin..

Nadav Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 7:02 pm
You didn’t just point that out to Tim, you FLAT OUT TOLD HIM!

Allen Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 7:45 pm
Tim Duncan sounds a lot like Tiger Woods.

Drew Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 9:00 pm
Da Bears!

and yeah he sounds like Tiger for sure.

G Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 9:34 pm
please post a transcript of the convo’s!! it’s a bit hard to pretend you’re working with TD blaring out the speakers…

Cheryl Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 9:50 pm
Great stuff, Lang. I can totally see Timmy with the apron on flippin’ the steaks and chicken legs. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Matthew Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 9:55 pm
Lang, you’re all over it. Nice work with Tim and now… shoulda made those bets out in Vegas. I just heard the last player to be cut from USA basketball… You guessed it; Bruce “Not so Almighty after all” Bowen. Good call.

Lang Whitaker Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 10:31 pm
Well, not to say I told you so, but…

Dblizzy Says:
August 16th, 2006 at 11:08 pm
He said the money goes to his “financial people” I hope he’s checking those statements. Remember what happened to Vince Carter…

kdubb Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 12:30 am
Duncan sounds like a cool, down to earth guy. Good interview. good Q’s. more interviews!! Lang, it would be hilarious if you interviewed Isiah Thomas. You gotta do it man.

Froggiestyle Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 2:20 am
Slam 2.0

Been in effect - go get a late pass

bja Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 4:14 am
What happened to Vince Carter?

I remember reading Mark Jackson’s ‘financial advisor’ stole millions from him.

Brian Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 2:09 pm
Duncan complaining about the refs is a riot. Who’s up next Wade?

Vyse Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 2:18 pm
Lmao @ Lang’s voice. Oh man.

Duncan is the best man in the NBA.

Laura Says:
August 17th, 2006 at 5:54 pm
Aw, that was great! Could you possibly get Tony Parker in the future? I know how you’re friends with him.

Aniq Says:
August 18th, 2006 at 12:06 am
Tim,

We know you were playing on one leg much of last year. But late in the playoffs, you seemed to come to come to life.

Was the leg feeling better? Also, how much of a difference do you think an offseason will make in helping the foot heal.

Thanks,

Aniq.

timmyhero Says:
August 18th, 2006 at 5:25 am
SO CUTE!

anthony Says:
August 18th, 2006 at 5:48 pm
timmy your gonna win it all again this year. by the way my brother got an autograph from you at baskin robbins he’s the one that called u tony

Sonny Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 10:52 am
Go Bears and Go Spurs Go
THE ‘07 CHAMPS

Spursball Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 11:50 am
GO TIM!

segun Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 1:30 pm
hi tim,im ur greatest fan from africa.been follwing u rite 4m high school.evn sent u letter expressly deliverd.no response 4m u.wsh u all d best

Gio Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 4:12 pm
I got timmy and the next 5 to sign my 59th NBA Finals b ball in Game 2 of the finals in 05. Would of been nice of big shot rob would of got a hold of that ball. That was a one of the best series i have ever watch. both teams were a defense of team and the spurs showed they were better in those last 7 min of game 7. bowen did a hellava job on chansey.
I`ll be there this yr. i only was abel to get 1 ticket row 6 seat 5 sec 115. i think the spurs are gonna do it again this year!

Everyone pray for no injuries!!!

Gio Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 4:14 pm
1 season ticket*

ALVENDIA Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 11:11 pm
tim is my favorite player i want him to shoot in three’s.

jesse bermudez Says:
August 19th, 2006 at 11:21 pm
in a commercial say fall seven times get up eight times or something. last season nobody in the nba show that more determination. TIM DUNCAN…

wish you’ll win the MVP and the championship…

i can see it from now 4 time NBA champions. 4 time MVP of the finals…..

jesse of the philippines.. (hey! a kababayan:D)

the Article
Starting 5: Tim Duncan Q & A
by Lang Whitaker

Time to introduce another new bauble to SLAMonline.com. A few weeks ago, I came up with five questions. They’re simple, they’re innocuous, but they’re things I thought would generate at least mildly amusing reactions.

So, every so often we’ll post a new entry that we’ll call Starting 5. Five identical questions, several different answers, one cool player.

For our debut, today’s player is eight-time All-Star, two-time NBA MVP and three-time NBA Finals MVP Tim Duncan.

(By the way, the part at the very beginning that’s sorta inaudible is when Duncan sits down and snatches my questions away from me, and I point out that he’s looking at the wrong page.) :lol

kobe_bryant
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
been posted ass