PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holmes

Jimcs50
10-26-2004, 02:45 PM
He just said that the only NBA player than can play in the NFL is Ben Wallace. On the Dan Patrick show, Dan asked him, if any player in the NBA could play in the NFL, he at first said no, then said that the center on the Pistons could. Dan asked, "what about Shaq as a Fullback"...Priest said that they would cut him down easily, that he would be easy to hit low and bring tackle easily.

timvp
10-26-2004, 03:06 PM
I bet 15% of the league could make it as wide receivers or tight ends.

Just look at Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates and Ronald Curry (to name a few) that concentrated on basketball and then were able to make the transition.

In contrast, I don't think more than one or two NFL players could make the NBA. Probably not even that. Maybe someone like Julius Peppers or Randy Moss could if they worked at it long enough.

2pac
10-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Mike Vick is supposedly a basketball stud.
Peppers could be like Malik.
Gonzalez possibly.
Moss was a stud.
I bet there are a few more. Someone like Andre Johnson.

It would have to be a long WR or someone who has PG skills. Hard to judge, but there are some amazing athletes in the NFL.

Jimcs50
10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Alos Priest, when asked if he was the best RB in the league, said that Ladamian is better because he is a better receiver than he is so is a better all around back. So he is probably not better than Smith, because Smith would say that he was the best back in his time.

samikeyp
10-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Actually, Emmitt has said that he felt Payton was the best of all time.

slayermin
10-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Antonio Gates averaged over 20pts a game at Kent State.

He is a nice tight end for the Chargers.