PDA

View Full Version : Rev Fred Phelps speaks....

Ocotillo
09-08-2006, 07:44 AM
You Tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs&eurl=)

:depressed

RandomGuy
09-08-2006, 07:57 AM
You Tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs&eurl=)

:depressed

:lmao

You seriously can't be sad at that, it was too funny.

These people are too coo-coo for cocoa puffs to be taken seriously.

Ocotillo
09-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Good point..... wrong emoticon. I think he is one thing most in this forum would agree on.

boutons_
09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Come on, guys, he has proved his case by quoting the Bible, so he must be right.

Like 'boa and others here proving the universe was created in 6 days because the Bible says so.

Spurminator
09-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Interestingly enough, 2 minutes in, I agree with his underlying premise... I doubt God is happy about being a punchline. Understandably (and often rightfully so) those punchlines are really directed at people like Fred Phelps, whose hateful rhetoric does infinitely more damage to the Christian reputation than any Jon Stewart joke. Embarrassing.

But we should be careful, and I have been guilty of this myself, that we do not make God/Christ the punchline.

101A
09-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Come on, guys, he has proved his case by quoting the Bible, so he must be right.

Like 'boa and others here proving the universe was created in 6 days because the Bible says so.

I read that thread. Hegamboa made many more, and reasonable arguments than that. Your summation is flawed.

Yonivore
09-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Who is Fred Phelps?

johnsmith
09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Why is it that Atheists like Boutons get so mad at people for having religious beliefs? I understand that religious people get extremely pissed at Atheists, but people like boutons are always making fun of the religious folk, I don't get it.

Ocotillo
09-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Who is Fred Phelps?

He's the moron who is behind the demonstrations at the funeral of American soldiers with placards that are anti-gay and saying they deserved to die. That is why I say he is probably one of the few areas most in this forum would agree about......

Spurminator
09-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I'd normally dismiss someone like this as well. Unfortunately, he's made a name for himself.

johnsmith
09-08-2006, 11:39 AM
He's the moron who is behind the demonstrations at the funeral of American soldiers with placards that are anti-gay and saying they deserved to die. That is why I say he is probably one of the few areas most in this forum would agree about......

I didn't watch the video because I didn't know who the guy was, but now that you have said this, that guy should be beaten and sent to a deserted island.

jochhejaam
09-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I didn't watch the video because I didn't know who the guy was, but now that you have said this, that guy should be beaten and sent to a deserted island.
Or vice versa.