09-09-2006, 03:49 AM
4.5 on spurs. I would make the bet :)
Not bad at all

Look at chicago 8/1 wow and garnett's Minny 80/1

jaffies
09-09-2006, 03:53 AM
according to Vegas,
if this next season was played over and over 199 times,
the Blazers STILL wouldn't win any rings.
Charlotte would, though.

Louis
09-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Spurs shouldn't be 9/2

Not with a lineup that includes Francisco Elson as starting Center and Jackie Butler as a backup not to mention Matt Bonner, Eric Williams Charles Lee, Jaque Vaughn and all those scrubs the Spurs signed recently.

The Spurs should be 5th behind Dallas, Miami, Phoenix and Detroit.

In that order

J.T.
09-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Louis you a fag dude.

This message has been brought to you by a very drunk JT. Some how I can still type tho.......

SpursWillOwn
09-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Louis go to houston talk if you wana be hating.. miss the champagne since olajuwon? get him out of retirement why dont you

mavs>spurs2
09-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Honestly....Pheonix and San Antonio shouldn't have quite as good odds as Miami and Dallas.

SpurYank
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh please! Take that dumb move from Manu on Dirk and the Heat are dead meat in front of the Spurs. Spurs are still solid, and will remain so, if we can escape injuries. Also, gotta find a way to slow down Manu.

trueD
09-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow 11 whole teams favored better than Kings-all definitely worthy of having better odds 'cept maybe the Nugs and Lakers. We probably have points deducted for not winning a championship in the past few decades, which also must apply to the Clippers. Who happen to share odds with Kings, THAT'S a surprise...

trueD
09-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh please! Take that dumb move from Manu on Dirk and the Heat are dead meat in front of the Spurs. Um, take it for what's it worth from a fan of another lesser team than the Spurs: No way JOSE.
Also, gotta find a way to slow down Manu.Contain, yes. Slow down? Okay-go for it. :lol

Kori Ellis
09-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Just an update, now the Spurs are favored over those other three.

NBA Championship Odds
Team Odds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detroit Pistons 9-1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San Antonio Spurs 4-1

Phoenix Suns 9-2

Dallas Mavericks 9-2

Miami Heat 9-2

New Jersey Nets 12-1

Cleveland Cavaliers 12-1

Houston Rockets 20-1

Sacramento Kings 30-1

Memphis Grizzlies 40-1

Los Angeles Clippers 35-1

Los Angeles Lakers 20-1

Indiana Pacers 50-1

Chicago Bulls 8-1

Denver Nuggets 50-1

Washington Wizards 85-1

Utah Jazz 85-1

Seattle Sonics 125-1

Minnesota T-Wolves 85-1

Boston Celtics 85-1

Philadelphia 76ers 85-1

Orlando Magic 85-1

Golden State Warriors 125-1

Milwaukee Bucks 125-1

New Orleans Hornets 125-1

Toronto Raptors 150-1

Charlotte BobCats 250-1

Atlanta Hawks 250-1

New York Knicks 150-1

Portland Blazers 350-1

East Coast Babe
09-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I don't buy this stuff at all! I agree with the Suns, Spurs, Heat and Mavs. But, I think the odds will improve greatly over the season for the Clips and the Hornets. Otherwise, bunch of crap!!

THE SIXTH MAN
09-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I like our odds! :smokin

johngateswhiteley
09-10-2006, 06:15 AM
according to Vegas,
if this next season was played over and over 199 times,
the Blazers STILL wouldn't win any rings.
Charlotte would, though.

...thats not how odds work. its a 1/200 this season no matter how many hypothetical seasons you'd like to run.

Louis-
your statement proves you know nothing about roundball. pistons and suns are not even close to competing with the Spurs....now arguments for dallas and miami i will listen too, although miami does not match up well with us, imo.

withcheese
09-10-2006, 02:40 PM
i hate rehashing old shit, but whatever:

shaq is done. payton is even more done. flash will be better, but thats it.

miami lucked out this year. they faced a detroit team that lost its motivation and had a shitty playoff coach, then faced a mavs team that choked away a golden opportunity, all the while getting an assist (small or large, you decide) from the refs.

detroit is done done done. nazr is so far below ben that its not even funny. their interior defense will be spotty as hell. and good luck with his inconsistent offense flip.

the east blows goats.

phoenix is a big question mark...nash is getting old as shit, and isn't really a two-time defending mvp, even though that's what the history books say. amare??? so far, you can't say anything good about him. you KNOW he's not going to be what he was, but how far he falls is just a mystery.

dallas should be the favorites to win the title. Dirk will put up mvp-esque numbers this year again. terry and howard are improving drastically. their coach is more experienced. they also have a psychological edge over s.a.

the spurs might have gotten better or they might have gotten worse. regardless, tim's older, manu's got some kind of mental slump going, and tony cannot carry the franchise on his back.

i'd say right now, you have to put dallas at 9-2, spurs at 5-1, miami at 6-1 or 8-1, phoenix the same, and detroit at 10-1. book it

East Coast Babe
09-11-2006, 03:16 AM
:tu Now that is a good post! Great analysis of the teams that are the front runners. Time will tell if things work out that way or not. Sometimes what looks good on paper does not look good in reality. Nash has been a big surprise to me! I would have said he was mostly finished when he went to Phoenix. But, then I hear he has been strengthening over the summers to keep himself in shape for the season. One never knows what will happen. I still expect the Clippers to come on strong this year. They nearly did it last season. And the Hornets with CP3 will only get better. He is too good.

smeagol
09-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Honestly....Pheonix and San Antonio shouldn't have quite as good odds as Miami and Dallas.
But they have, so shut up and move on.