PDA

View Full Version : Heat Look To Trade Derek, Kapono, and Doleac For a Point Guard

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Dolphins buzz: Now that Wes Welker has secured the No. 3 receiver job, does he feel vindicated after Miami tried to replace him? ''Maybe,'' he said sheepishly. But seriously, 'People underestimate what I can do. They look at my size and speed and say, `He can't be a threat.' '' . . . How unusual were Daunte Culpepper's interceptions on consecutive passes Thursday? That happened only eight times in the NFL last season. Culpepper did it in last year's Vikings opener, too. . . .

If you're scoring at home, just eight of 35 players drafted over five years by Dave Wannstedt or Rick Spielman are on Miami's 53-man roster -- one less than from Nick Saban's first two drafts. But the Dolphins, who wanted badly to upgrade at safety, hoped No. 1 pick Jason Allen would be much further along.

• Remarkable how ex-Fin Junior Seau has gone from retirement to possible New England starter today. ''I was surfing two weeks ago!'' he told Boston media.

• Marlins chatter: Why will shortstop Hanley Ramirez play winter ball after a grueling rookie season? ''I want to be more consistent with my throws,'' he said, determined to reduce his 20 errors. . . . By returning to his early-season form, left fielder Josh Willingham is making a strong case for Florida to stick with him as a starter in 2007. ''I've shown that, with the numbers I've put up,'' he said.

• Two NBA officials say the Heat wants to use Derek Anderson's $2.5 million contract in a trade for a point guard. Jason Kapono ($1.1 million) and Michael Doleac ($3.13 million) also could be chips.

• Feel-good story: Grand Forks, N.D.-based accountant Chris Feller, 32, a longtime UM fan who never had been to South Florida, had tickets for last year's Georgia Tech game but couldn't go after a hurricane postponed it. His wife, Mary, e-mailed UM president Donna Shalala, explaining their predicament.

-MiamiHerald.com

Solid D
09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe Sequ would trade them his 60" (no HD) TV straight-up.

Fillmoe
09-10-2006, 01:57 PM
they can have jason hart for free

thispego
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
beno for derek anderson :lol

jman3000
09-11-2006, 02:49 PM
loyalty baby