PDA

View Full Version : Moss Not Liking Where Raiders Are Going

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Feeling Randy
Moss sours on Raiders' principals in radio interview
Posted: Sunday September 10, 2006 2:29AM; Updated: Sunday September 10, 2006 3:13AM

Raiders receiver Randy Moss is not a happy camper in Oak-town -- based on his Friday comments to Fox Sports Radio.
AP

ATLANTA (SI.com) -- Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss may be in the middle of his vow of silence with the local media. But outside of the Bay Area, the enigmatic playmaker has been pure gold on the radio airwaves.

In June, while promoting his new Inta Juice franchise in West Virginia, Moss told an Atlanta sports station that he wanted to be traded to the Falcons prior to the 2005 season (instead of Oakland). But, he claims Falcons execs told him he was not a character fit for the franchise.

Now, in a Friday interview with Fox Sports Radio, Moss had some vaguely inflammatory comments about the state of the Raiders, under new head coach Art Shell and new starting quarterback Aaron Brooks.

Here are some excerpts from the interview:

On Raider life under Shell's regime:

"It's crazy around here, man,'' Moss said. "It's something that we're trying to hold on to, man, and, hopefully, Coach Art [Shell] can move us in the right direction, man. So I'm just trying to stay away from all of that stuff this year -- like I did last year -- and, hopefully, we can win some games.''

On his relationship with Brooks:

"I'm just not thrilled with the way things are going on around here. I'm thrilled, I'm glad, to have Aaron Brooks as my quarterback. It's fishy around here, man, so, actually, we're walking on eggshells around here, man.''

On the recent trade of receiver Doug Gabriel to the Patriots:

"I'm really kind of disappointed that they let Doug Gabriel go ...This is not my team, I'm only playing here,'' Moss said, "so whoever they put out opposite of me, either I'll play with them or I won't play with them.''

When asked about Moss's comments, Shell said, "One thing about this organization, everybody has a chance and opportunity to speak their mind. Every individual, every player. So what's he talking about? I have no idea."

Whether Moss is irrecovably dissatisfied with the Shell-led Raiders cannot be determined. It appears, though, wide reciever Jerry Porter still resides in the head coach's doghouse -- after a quasi-public feud. But all this hardly fazes Shell.

"There are a lot of people that are unhappy,'' Shell told reporters. "I can't be concerned with that. I have a whole football team to be concerned about. We're trying to move forward with our team and win football games. I don't think I have to talk to (Porter). About what?''

samikeyp
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM
He would be right....although, IMO, I think he should keep that stuff in the locker room.

Fillmoe
09-10-2006, 11:55 AM
he can bring his ass to the other side of the bay!

TheSanityAnnex
09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I enjoy seeing the organization named the Raiders crumble.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-10-2006, 08:46 PM
"Moss Not Liking Where the Raiders Are Going"?
That would be the cellar again, right?
He'd better get used to it, since the Raitards are all about that "Commitment to Excrement"!