PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

Clandestino
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Needs to learn by playing... Neither Collins, nor Volek can be the future for the titans.. they also aren't worthy of being mentors to young either.

Extra Stout
09-10-2006, 04:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with your man-crush on VY if you're secure in your masculinity.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 12:09 AM
when are the titans going to move vince young to receiver?

Mr Dio
09-11-2006, 12:21 AM
So did Reggie McNeal ever make a squad or was he sent home & picked up off waivers & dumped on a practice squad?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-11-2006, 12:36 AM
So did Reggie McNeal ever make a squad or was he sent home & picked up off waivers & dumped on a practice squad?

I think he signed to Cincy's practice squad.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 12:42 AM

typical. what does mcneal have to do with young? wait, let me answer that...nothing.

as for Mcneal, i am glad he got cut by cincy. this way i think he will get a chance as a QB somewhere else. though, the main point is young was hyped up like crazy and mcneal was not. maybe they both won't make it as QBs in the NFL...so what. young was the 3rd pick overall while mcneal was drafted in the 6th round. point is young pulled a fast one, imo, on most NFL'rs and Mcneal did not. but, as i said earlier....you're off topic.

2centsworth
09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
typical. what does mcneal have to do with young? wait, let me answer that...nothing.

as for Mcneal, i am glad he got cut by cincy. this way i think he will get a chance as a QB somewhere else. though, the main point is young was hyped up like crazy and mcneal was not. maybe they both won't make it as QBs in the NFL...so what. young was the 3rd pick overall while mcneal was drafted in the 6th round. point is young pulled a fast one, imo, on most NFL'rs and Mcneal did not. but, as i said earlier....you're off topic.
donovan, mcnair, alex smith and other top qb picks played very little in their 1st year. It's like redshirting which VY did in college. In time the guy will be a stud.

leemajors
09-11-2006, 07:48 AM

pulled a fast one by winning a natty championship nearly single handed?

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 08:06 AM
pulled a fast one by winning a natty championship nearly single handed?

basically. too bad it will not transfer to the NFL.

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 08:09 AM

So then Johngates.....you feel its irrelevant to mention something in a post that has nothing to do with that subject.

I would agree..but then why this?

this was from your USC-Arkansas thread...

t.u. beat a fucking shitty north texas team...so who gives a damn.

what does this have to do with USC-Arkansas?

:)

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
So then Johngates.....you feel its irrelevant to mention something in a post that has nothing to do with that subject.

I would agree..but then why this?

this was from your USC-Arkansas thread...

what does this have to do with USC-Arkansas?

:)

i thought someone would bring that up. two things:

1. it was in my original post in the greatness of USC thread, thereby setting the tone. it was about USC and also two other games that day

2. it is pointless for people to bring up irrelevant points later on in a thread once the content has been established

...that being said, i will give you some credit. btw, you are by far the most respectful and balanced t.u. fan on this board (at least that i have come across). i thank you.

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Fair enough. #2 was the point I was trying to make and I think we agree on that.

Its all good....its all part of the fun of college football...I think we are all glad that football season is back!

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Fair enough. #2 was the point I was trying to make and I think we agree on that.

Its all good....its all part of the fun of college football...I think we are all glad that football season is back!

...but when are the titans moving vy to WR or tight end?

stretch
09-15-2006, 06:38 AM
...but when are the titans moving vy to WR or tight end?
they arent. Hes a QB, dumbshit. not all black, scrambling QBs have to be moved to WR or TE. give the guy a chance. his college success may or may not transfer to the NFL, but it doesnt mean he shouldnt get a chance. as of now, it seems that he has more potential than possibly any QB in the NFL. but he needs a chance to play, and see whether or not he can develop it.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2006, 07:12 AM
they arent. Hes a QB, dumbshit. not all black, scrambling QBs have to be moved to WR or TE. give the guy a chance. his college success may or may not transfer to the NFL, but it doesnt mean he shouldnt get a chance. as of now, it seems that he has more potential than possibly any QB in the NFL. but he needs a chance to play, and see whether or not he can develop it.

...thats great, but when are they moving him to receiver?

johnsmith
09-15-2006, 07:30 AM
I've hated Vince Young ever since he showed up at the White House dressed like an idiot, the said he lost his luggage, unlikely seeing as how he then showed up to the tonight show dressed like an idiot..........Oh yeah, he's also an idiot. I hope he breaks his leg, spends all his money, and ends up as the assistant manager at a Jiffy Lube.

johnsmith
09-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Apologies to all assistant managers at Jiffy Lube.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Apologies to all assistant managers at Jiffy Lube.

LOL, thats harsh.

samikeyp
09-15-2006, 08:38 AM
He might get his chance to play sooner than expected...according to ESPN, Tennessee may be trading Volek to the Chargers.

stretch
09-15-2006, 10:50 AM
...thats great, but when are they moving him to receiver?
they arent.

stretch
09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
I've hated Vince Young ever since he showed up at the White House dressed like an idiot, the said he lost his luggage, unlikely seeing as how he then showed up to the tonight show dressed like an idiot..........Oh yeah, he's also an idiot. I hope he breaks his leg, spends all his money, and ends up as the assistant manager at a Jiffy Lube.
you are an idiot.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2006, 11:45 AM
they arent.

they aren't moving him to receiver? what!!!

sa_butta
09-15-2006, 11:49 AM
He might get his chance to play sooner than expected...according to ESPN, Tennessee may be trading Volek to the Chargers.Keep that in mind and the fact that Collins is a turnover machine. Im going out on a limb and saying Young will be starting by week 6.

samikeyp
09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Good point.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Keep that in mind and the fact that Collins is a turnover machine. Im going out on a limb and saying Young will be starting by week 6.

...that would be a huge mistake to start vy, for ANY game this year. he'll just get killed and the titans will get blown out of every game they play. mark my words, "the titans will not win ANY game vy starts (and plays the game minutes of a starter)."

and i understand that game experience can be good for a QB, but not when you're on your back and throw picks all the time.

...when are the titans moving vy to WR?

johnsmith
09-15-2006, 04:29 PM
you are an idiot.

Why?

j-6
09-15-2006, 04:39 PM

It's probably scheduled for the same day that the Saints move Reggie Bush to quarterback.

BeerIsGood!
09-16-2006, 01:05 AM

At the same time the Cardinals move Leinart to CB or the Broncos move Cutler to DT. Namely, Never. Understand?

johngateswhiteley
09-17-2006, 02:51 AM
It's probably scheduled for the same day that the Saints move Reggie Bush to quarterback.

...but why would they move Bush to QB, he is tearing it up right now as an all-purpose back? where did you hear this?

stretch
09-17-2006, 08:11 AM
...but why would they move Bush to QB, he is tearing it up right now as an all-purpose back? where did you hear this?
you truly are the epitome of a dumbshit.

johnsmith
09-17-2006, 08:29 AM
you truly are the epitome of a dumbshit.

I think it's funny that you guys keep responding when he's clearly joking..........furthermore, the jokes are funny so quit your crying.

stretch
09-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I think it's funny that you guys keep responding when he's clearly joking..........furthermore, the jokes are funny so quit your crying.
yea i know hes joking. doesnt change the fact that hes still a dumbshit.

johngateswhiteley
09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
At the same time the Cardinals move Leinart to CB or the Broncos move Cutler to DT. Namely, Never. Understand?

two questions:

1. why would the cardinals move Leinart to QB when he is the backup and done nothing but succeed in the time he's played?

2. why aren't titans moving young to receiver? what article did you read?

LaMarcus Bryant
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
JGW you are a fucking DOUCHE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

chumpdumper would bukkake you from every possible angle if you posted stupid shit like this in the spurs forum

mookie2001
09-17-2006, 11:50 PM
titans leading passer and receiver today, V Young and -SCAIFE-

LaMarcus Bryant
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
--------->scaife<-----------

Horry For 3!
09-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Bo Scaife

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 02:35 AM

chumpdumper would bukkake you from every possible angle if you posted stupid shit like this in the spurs forum

...i am a douche b/c <i want to know> why he knows the titans won't move vy to receiver? i don't get it?

all i am doing is asking a simple question here and if somebody knows something more than me....why. so as soon as somebody can show me an article or other medium that says the titans are not moving vy to receiver, then fine. i am just curious.

i think vy's true calling is receiver and that is where he can really help the titans. he has got decent speed and great size...if he can catch he may even be their tight end of the future.

stretch
09-18-2006, 10:31 AM
...i am a douche b/c <i want to know> why he knows the titans won't move vy to receiver? i don't get it?

all i am doing is asking a simple question here and if somebody knows something more than me....why. so as soon as somebody can show me an article or other medium that says the titans are not moving vy to receiver, then fine. i am just curious.

i think vy's true calling is receiver and that is where he can really help the titans. he has got decent speed and great size...if he can catch he may even be their tight end of the future.
i think i already answered your question. he wont get moved because hes a QB, you ignorant dumbfuck. why dont you show us an article that said that the Titans say they ARE seriously considering moving him to WR?

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
i think i already answered your question. he wont get moved because hes a QB, you ignorant dumbfuck. why dont you show us an article that said that the Titans say they ARE seriously considering moving him to WR?

...they (teams) have moved QB's from their position to receiver in the past, i don't see why this situation should be any different. as for an article, i don't have one, i just think they should so i was asking if anybody knew when it was going to happen. it appears to be the logical choice, does it not?

if you look at vyoung's size he is almost a prototype tight end, think about that. i would probably even draft him at tight end in the 13th round of a 16 round draft (FFB)....thats pretty good.

in any case, i am sure the titans are mulling it over...it makes a lot of sense.

Mr Dio
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM

Uhhh, let's see....

1)---Both were copared & contrasted every yr til VY distanced himself from that faux QB Reggie.
2)---They've been on several tv shows together & were even asked many times who was the better QB.
3)---They went to some of the same QB camps were Reggie was OVERRATED.
4)---Many in agland THOUGHT Reg was the better QB & VY would be a WR in the NFL. :lol :lol :lol

How many more TYPICALs do you need son? :smokin :lol :lol :lol :lol :smokin

Mr Dio
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
in any case, i am sure the titans are mulling it over...it makes a lot of sense.

WoW!!!!
What a typical response.
Reality hit ags hard that VY was & IS a better QB than Reggie huh? :lol

Mr Dio
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM

This is a WELLLLLLLL known FACT.

Mr Dio
09-18-2006, 05:29 PM

:lol

stretch
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
...they (teams) have moved QB's from their position to receiver in the past, i don't see why this situation should be any different. as for an article, i don't have one, i just think they should so i was asking if anybody knew when it was going to happen. it appears to be the logical choice, does it not?

if you look at vyoung's size he is almost a prototype tight end, think about that. i would probably even draft him at tight end in the 13th round of a 16 round draft (FFB)....thats pretty good.

you are really an absolute moron. just because YOU think its a logical choice to move him to WR doesnt mean someone is going to write an article saying that the Titans are seriously considering moving him to WR. not many people think its a logical desicion at all.

anyways, why does it make sense to you? because he is a large, fast, athlectic, black QB? kindly shut the fuck up. he hasnt even been given a chance. no one moves a QB of his talent and caliber to WR unless given a chance first. its one thing to move an unproven QB to WR because of his athleticism. But Young was a Heisman Candidate and National Championship winner and MVP (or whatever the hell they call that award). if he sucks at QB in the NFL, then yes, it may POSSIBLY be a logical choice. however, he is still a rookie, and needs time and a chance to develop, as all QB's do in the NFL.

its obvious you dont like Young, and thats fine. but dont be ignorant. just because hes a fast, athletic, black QB, doesnt mean he cant be successful as a QB in the NFL.

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 06:34 PM
you are really an absolute moron. just because YOU think its a logical choice to move him to WR doesnt mean someone is going to write an article saying that the Titans are seriously considering moving him to WR. not many people think its a logical desicion at all.

anyways, why does it make sense to you? because he is a large, fast, athlectic, black QB? kindly shut the fuck up. he hasnt even been given a chance. no one moves a QB of his talent and caliber to WR unless given a chance first. its one thing to move an unproven QB to WR because of his athleticism. But Young was a Heisman Candidate and National Championship winner and MVP (or whatever the hell they call that award). if he sucks at QB in the NFL, then yes, it may POSSIBLY be a logical choice. however, he is still a rookie, and needs time and a chance to develop, as all QB's do in the NFL.

its obvious you dont like Young, and thats fine. but dont be ignorant. just because hes a fast, athletic, black QB, doesnt mean he cant be successful as a QB in the NFL.

...i don't know bro. if i were the head coach of the titans i would definitely move young to tight end, thats his future. i mean think about it! let collins be the starter and hit vyoung off the line all day for those 3-5 yard pops baby. 2nd and mid yardage is a lot better than 2nd and long. vyoung could get that tough yardage even as a fullback sometimes on third down...i'm telling you, think about that!

j-6
09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Y'know, Vince does wear the same number Kordell Stewart did...

</troll>

T-Pain
09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Y'know, Vince does wear the same number Kordell Stewart did...

</troll>
however, Ranger Kordell Walker is a badass...

stretch
09-18-2006, 11:41 PM
...i don't know bro. if i were the head coach of the titans i would definitely move young to tight end, thats his future. i mean think about it! let collins be the starter and hit vyoung off the line all day for those 3-5 yard pops baby. 2nd and mid yardage is a lot better than 2nd and long. vyoung could get that tough yardage even as a fullback sometimes on third down...i'm telling you, think about that!
i thought about it... and it sounds like garbage. anything involving Kerry Collins as your QB is instantly going to end badly. those 3 -5 yard pops wont work, because Collins will as usual, find a way to fuck it up by throwing a stupid pick, or getting sacked because of his shitty release.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 01:22 AM
i thought about it... and it sounds like garbage. anything involving Kerry Collins as your QB is instantly going to end badly. those 3 -5 yard pops wont work, because Collins will as usual, find a way to fuck it up by throwing a stupid pick, or getting sacked because of his shitty release.

...i don't know, i don't think Collins can mess up those little passes. it is just a dink pass, then young can do his thing and get 3-5 yards...maybe even 7-8 sometimes. that way young can actually be effective in games and the titans may actually go somewhere as a team. or don't trade Volek and use him as your QB. either way young is best served at receiver.

when do you think the titans will move him there?

stretch
09-19-2006, 08:07 AM
...i don't know, i don't think Collins can mess up those little passes. it is just a dink pass, then young can do his thing and get 3-5 yards...maybe even 7-8 sometimes. that way young can actually be effective in games and the titans may actually go somewhere as a team. or don't trade Volek and use him as your QB. either way young is best served at receiver.

when do you think the titans will move him there?
i dont think they will ever move him to reciever.

oh, and if you actually kept up with the NFL, and watched Kerry Collins, hes probably the only QB in the NFL that CAN fuck up 3-5 yard dink passes consistently. 7-8 is asking far too much from him. thats almost just begging for an incompletion or interception.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 08:15 AM
i dont think they will ever move him to reciever.

are you sure? thats not what i think.

stretch
09-19-2006, 09:21 AM
are you sure? thats not what i think.
oh well. sorry to dissapoint.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 02:17 PM
oh well. sorry to dissapoint.

..only thing disappointing is vyoung not at his true position of tight end. and ultimately the titans are only going to continue hurting themselves and disappointing their fans in the process.

one day, maybe sooner than expected, vyoung will be put at receiver....and all will be right with the world.

BeerIsGood!
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Threw for decent yardage and a TD in the last game. He's coming along fine... all the while Leinart is behind Kurt Warner and a horrible o-line. Warner will take a ton of hits behind that ghost of a line and Leinart will have his chance to take a bunch of hits behind that line. Either way neither one will do much this year. I see both playing well next year (if both o-lines get better).

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Threw for decent yardage and a TD in the last game. He's coming along fine... all the while Leinart is behind Kurt Warner and a horrible o-line. Warner will take a ton of hits behind that ghost of a line and Leinart will have his chance to take a bunch of hits behind that line. Either way neither one will do much this year. I see both playing well next year (if both o-lines get better).

1. i am not worried about Leinart...hopefully he won't play at all this year

2. warner is going to have a good year; played very well against the best team in the NFC (seattle) and while they did not beat them, nobody else can either. seattle is going back to the super bowl, imo, and with good motivation as they got fucked last year

3. vyoung has hardly done ANYTHING well in the regular season so far. and the way they are playing him is STUPID. either play him or don't play him...all this in for a series here and there is dumb and what little chance he has of becoming a good NFL QB gets smaller and smaller the longer they do it

stretch
09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
..only thing disappointing is vyoung not at his true position of tight end. and ultimately the titans are only going to continue hurting themselves and disappointing their fans in the process.

one day, maybe sooner than expected, vyoung will be put at receiver....and all will be right with the world.
whatever. dont be mad that he singlehandedly shredded your trojans and prevented them from winning 3 straight. its dissapointing that you cant take the loss like a man, and accept just how gifted this QB is.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 08:33 PM
whatever. dont be mad that he singlehandedly shredded your trojans and prevented them from winning 3 straight. its dissapointing that you cant take the loss like a man, and accept just how gifted this QB is.

...i am not mad at vyoung, i am disappointed in the Trojans b/c they were the better team. but i think vyoung was a wonderful QB...you assume too much about me. i will give you this:

1. was vince young an amazing CFB player? yes

2. am i tired of the love fest, him being overhyped, and overrated going into the nfl draft? yes

3. my original stand, regardless of whether i like him or not, is that he would not be a good NFL QB...thats it, i just happen to support my opinion

4. all the back and forth in this thread, as i am sure most everyone realizes, has been a joke, i only wanted to see how many responses i could get. frankly, i am shocked i got as many as i did...

5. i know the titans are not going to move vyoung to receiver..............at least not for a few years :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
09-19-2006, 11:40 PM
...i am not mad at vyoung, i am disappointed in the Trojans b/c they were the better team.

THREE IN A ROW!

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 12:06 AM
whatever. dont be mad that he singlehandedly shredded your trojans and prevented them from winning 3 straight. its dissapointing that you cant take the loss like a man, and accept just how gifted this QB is.they won 1 1/2 championships. However, if they would have played the best teams LSU and Auburn they would have zero championship. Most overrated program in the history of college football. None of their guys are doing squat in the NFL, except 50 yrds and zero td's a game Bush.

At least when the Hurricanes were dominant they backed it up by flooding the NFL with talent.

johngateswhiteley
09-20-2006, 12:57 AM
they won 1 1/2 championships. However, if they would have played the best teams LSU and Auburn they would have zero championship. Most overrated program in the history of college football. None of their guys are doing squat in the NFL, except 50 yrds and zero td's a game Bush.

At least when the Hurricanes were dominant they backed it up by flooding the NFL with talent.

LOL, you're a funny dude. lets see:

1. Palmer
2. Polamalu
3. Tatupu
4. Bush
5. Patterson

...and thats just since 2003. the jury is still out on Leinart, White, and company. but i think in couple years you'll see they will do just fine.

just for fun ALL-Time:

1. Trojans in NFL draft: 430 (#2)
2. top draft picks 5 (#1)
3. first round draft picks 67 (#1)

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 09:06 AM
LOL, you're a funny dude. lets see:

1. Palmer
2. Polamalu
3. Tatupu
4. Bush
5. Patterson

...and thats just since 2003. the jury is still out on Leinart, White, and company. but i think in couple years you'll see they will do just fine.

just for fun ALL-Time:

1. Trojans in NFL draft: 430 (#2)
2. top draft picks 5 (#1)
3. first round draft picks 67 (#1)
you have Palmer and Polamlu. Tatupu, Whoopie! Bush is an automatic 50yrds.

Your All-Time numbers are a joke because the only person I remember worth mentioning is OJ.

BTW, beating a crappy Notre Dame team and an OU team that just lost 63-10 to KSate while avoiding the two best teams in LSU and Auburn shouldn't have even earned your team 1 1/2 championships.

Of course UT had to set the record straight.

Louae
09-20-2006, 09:29 AM
the main point is young was hyped up like crazy and mcneal was not. maybe they both won't make it as QBs in the NFL...so what. young was the 3rd pick overall while mcneal was drafted in the 6th round. point is young pulled a fast one, imo, on most NFL'rs and Mcneal did not. but, as i said earlier....you're off topic.

I think Vince Young had a lot to do with that hype. It's not like it just popped out of nowhere. After all, all he did was carry the UT football team and their Rosco P. Coltraine clone coach to a national championship. All the while McNeal was leading A&M to a disaster of a season.

Louae
09-20-2006, 09:33 AM
just because hes a fast, athletic, black QB, doesnt mean he cant be successful as a QB in the NFL.

Honestly, it's not that he's black. It's that he's big, fast and athletic with no proven ability to throw out of a convential offense. He's also never proven to have those skills while in college. It's obvious that he has a strong enough arm and he's tall. But can he deliver the ball on time and in the right spots. That's the question.

I'm rooting for him to succeed even though I'm not optimistic of it happening.

MajorMike
09-20-2006, 09:38 AM
What if he was hisp?

johngateswhiteley
09-20-2006, 09:46 AM
you have Palmer and Polamlu. Tatupu, Whoopie! Bush is an automatic 50yrds.

Your All-Time numbers are a joke because the only person I remember worth mentioning is OJ.

BTW, beating a crappy Notre Dame team and an OU team that just lost 63-10 to KSate while avoiding the two best teams in LSU and Auburn shouldn't have even earned your team 1 1/2 championships.

Of course UT had to set the record straight.

guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the 2003-2006 trojan players. as for all-time...since you mentioned it:

Pro Football Hall of Fame

1. O.J. Simpson>>>you know him
2. Ronnie Lott>>>you should know him
3. Marcus Allen>>>you should know him
4. Ron Yary
5. Willie Wood
6. Ron Mix
7. Anothony Munoz>>>you should know him
8. Lynn Swann>>>you should know him
9. Morris Badgro
10. Frank Gifford>>>you should know him

...thats the most all time, tied with Notre Dame. and since you mentioned t.u....they have 4, and miami has a whopping 3.

Other Mentionables:

1. Junior Seau
2. Sean Salisbury
3. Rodney Peete
4. Johnnie Morton
5. Chad Morton
6. Rob Johnson
7. Keyshawn Johnson

+ many many more.

And just for good measure, Neil Armstrong...the first man on the moon, is a USC graduate. LOL.

maybe you should do some research before spouting off at the mouth, next time.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Far be it for me to step into a debate in which I don't really GAF, but .02, you can't honestly say you didn't know about Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz (and I'm picking those three because they played when I was watching football (albeit I was < 10 years old) as well as Junior Seau (who will make the Hall once eligible) and Keyshawn.

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Far be it for me to step into a debate in which I don't really GAF, but .02, you can't honestly say you didn't know about Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz (and I'm picking those three because they played when I was watching football (albeit I was < 10 years old) as well as Junior Seau (who will make the Hall once eligible) and Keyshawn.sometimes it's hard for me to remember anything before 1955. Nevertheless, I was addressing the 1 1/2* title team.

johnsmith
09-20-2006, 10:02 AM
sometimes it's hard for me to remember anything before 1955. Nevertheless, I was addressing the 1 1/2* title team.

You have a fitting name, because that's about all you've added to this argument...

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
You have a fitting name, because that's about all you've added to this argument...
I guess I should have posted something like the following?

you have a lot of class hating someone, hoping they break their leg, and wishing they fail.

Talk about adding nothing of substance to an argument. At least I'm right about the 1 1/2* so called championships.

johnsmith
09-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I guess I should have posted something like the following?

you have a lot of class hating someone, hoping they break their leg, and wishing they fail.

Talk about adding nothing of substance to an argument. At least I'm right about the 1 1/2* so called championships.

Who said anything about class? I'll be the first to admit I lack that very quality, but me not having any class doesn't make your argument any less retarded.
Having said that, you are not right about your 1 1/2 comment, sorry, they get a full national championship, shared or not, it counts as a whole. Therefore, not only are you wrong, but you are also a douche bag.........man, that sucks for you.

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Who said anything about class? I'll be the first to admit I lack that very quality, but me not having any class doesn't make your argument any less retarded.
Having said that, you are not right about your 1 1/2 comment, sorry, they get a full national championship, shared or not, it counts as a whole. Therefore, not only are you wrong, but you are also a douche bag.........man, that sucks for you.
people who can't argue their point are left with nothing but personal attacks. You admitted that you lack class, so there is nothing left to argue.

johnsmith
09-20-2006, 11:53 AM
people who can't argue their point are left with nothing but personal attacks. You admitted that you lack class, so there is nothing left to argue.

Hey jackass, I did argue a point, that you were wrong about the 1/2 a championship. Tell you what, go back, re-read what I posted and then once again tell me if I argued a point or not.

Now you're a douche bag, you're wrong, and you can't comprehend the written word. Life just keeps getting worse for you doesn't it?

2centsworth
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey jackass, I did argue a point, that you were wrong about the 1/2 a championship. Tell you what, go back, re-read what I posted and then once again tell me if I argued a point or not.

Now you're a douche bag, you're wrong, and you can't comprehend the written word. Life just keeps getting worse for you doesn't it?
Another Mr. Internet tough guy. All you said is that it's a full championship shared or not. I told you it's not because beating a crappy Notre Dame and OU team doesn't earn you a MNC. Argue how OU would have beaten Auburn or LSU. Otherwise you haven't said anything Mr. No Class Internet tough guy.

johnsmith
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Another Mr. Internet tough guy. All you said is that it's a full championship shared or not. I told you it's not because beating a crappy Notre Dame and OU team doesn't earn you a MNC. Argue how OU would have beaten Auburn or LSU. Otherwise you haven't said anything Mr. No Class Internet tough guy.

I like how I've done nothing to imply that I'm this "internet tough guy" and yet you are so quick to throw this "insult" around. I just pointed out that you are a douche bag, a jackass, and you can't comprehend what you read. What's "tough" about that? :huh

You are right though, that is all I said, that it counts as a full championship, therefore, your 1/2 is wrong. :lol

If I were to argue about who would have won in a game between OU and Auburn or LSU, well then we might as well argue about who would win between the 98 Broncos and the 85 Bears. It's a stupid argument that you can't answer. :nope

So, where does that leave us? You can't read, you are a douche bag and a jackass, you come up with stupid arguments, and finally, you make things up in order to insult others. Pretty classless yourself there 2cents. For shame. :nope

BeerIsGood!
09-20-2006, 01:26 PM
1. i am not worried about Leinart...hopefully he won't play at all this year

2. warner is going to have a good year; played very well against the best team in the NFC (seattle) and while they did not beat them, nobody else can either. seattle is going back to the super bowl, imo, and with good motivation as they got fucked last year

3. vyoung has hardly done ANYTHING well in the regular season so far. and the way they are playing him is STUPID. either play him or don't play him...all this in for a series here and there is dumb and what little chance he has of becoming a good NFL QB gets smaller and smaller the longer they do it
If you look at the QB situation in the NFL right now you would see that... the talent pool is EXTREMELY dry. There are not enough quality starting QBs to go around much less many good, serviceable backups. Tight ends are a dime a dozen, but finding a proven leader with a strong arm, huge frame, quick feet, and a great work ethic to play the QB position is almost impossible. He showed at Texas that he has the ability to adapt and learn from his mistakes on the field. He has tough skin and doesn't fold under pressure (like, say Ryan Leaf). With the proper seasoning and coaching (and O Line) he'll be putting up numbers in time. Just like every other QB - it takes time to learn. The only QB to be successful immediately is Roth with the Steelers, but he had a great team around him that allowed him to only have to manage the games and not throw 25 to 45 times a game. There aren't 30 Payton Mannings or Tom Bradys to go around, and VY's talents are far too valuable at the QB position to move him elsewhere.

johnsmith
09-20-2006, 01:29 PM
If you look at the QB situation in the NFL right now you would see that... the talent pool is EXTREMELY dry. There are not enough quality starting QBs to go around much less many good, serviceable backups. Tight ends are a dime a dozen, but finding a proven leader with a strong arm, huge frame, quick feet, and a great work ethic to play the QB position is almost impossible. He showed at Texas that he has the ability to adapt and learn from his mistakes on the field. He has tough skin and doesn't fold under pressure (like, say Ryan Leaf). With the proper seasoning and coaching (and O Line) he'll be putting up numbers in time. Just like every other QB - it takes time to learn. The only QB to be successful immediately is Roth with the Steelers, but he had a great team around him that allowed him to only have to manage the games and not throw 25 to 45 times a game. There aren't 30 Payton Mannings or Tom Bradys to go around, and VY's talents are far too valuable at the QB position to move him elsewhere.

I agree. Everyone that wants a quarterback to go out and perform at a high level as soon as he comes into the league is dreaming. And your Big Ben point is a good one as well, he didn't have to do much except not make mistakes, which he is really good at not doing. Vince Young may or may not become a good quarterback in the league, but we won't know that for another three to five years. He sure as hell isn't going to become a good quarterback though if Fisher keeps putting him in for a series or two, allowing him to make a mistake, and then yanking him, thus destroying his confidence. Either put him in or don't at all, one way or the other he'll learn, but not by doing it the way they are now.

Finally, 2cents is an idiot.

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 02:21 PM
on ESPN "Monday Night Kickoff" (on right now), they are ripping vyoung to shreds...pretty funny stuff.

Merrill Hodge: "vyoung is not a great athlete or great runner, people have to stop saying that. michael vick is a great runner and great athlete, vyoung runs a 4.5 40 and vick runs a 4.2 40. the titans have to stop designing run plays for vyoung, it is killing them."

translation: vyoung is overrated and those who said his strengths would not transfer to the nfl...are RIGHT. but to all vyoung fans: if you don't agree yet, just give it time.

leemajors
10-02-2006, 02:28 PM
young is a great athlete, vick is a better one.

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
young is a great athlete, vick is a better one.

in college, yes. in the nfl, no. he is just another guy with average speed.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM

Vince will be alright, oh and Randall Cunningham was just another guy with average speed, but he seemed to do alright

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM

And if you're going to declare bust this early in the season, look over at Reggie Bush

Fillmoe
10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
young is going to amount to be a nobody just like half the posters in this thread

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
young is going to amount to be a nobody just like half the posters in this thread

I think you are being generous with the "half" thing. I agree though, I think Young is going to be sort of like Kordell Stewart, he'll have a halfway decent career at QB, get switched to WR and be so/so at that and then spend his days as a backup.
He was really fun to watch in college but I don't think he can make it in the NFL, could be wrong though. Oh, and his fucking arrogance probably doesn't help much either, recently, he and Lendall White had a "NFL's Newest Millionaire's" party in Nashville.

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 02:53 PM
And if you're going to declare bust this early in the season, look over at Reggie Bush

you need to reevaluate the word bust, if thats what you truly think. either that or watch him play. :lol

leemajors
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM

i think there will be an adjustment period for him that may last a while, but i don't see any reason to assume he won't be able to adapt. his first couple games at UT weren't all that great either. most qbs have a difficult transition to the NFL speed.

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
i think there will be an adjustment period for him that may last a while, but i don't see any reason to assume he won't be able to adapt. his first couple games at UT weren't all that great either. most qbs have a difficult transition to the NFL speed.

But most college QB's play in an offense that at least somewhat resembles an NFL style offense. VY played in an offense that was more similar to an High School offense, very simple, very run heavy, and with heavy emphasis on the option. Obviously it worked fantastic for them at UT, but it doesn't translate well to the NFL.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 03:01 PM

He looked good in spurts during the cowboys game. In my opinion what ultimately decides how good you are in the NFL is how good your teamates are. Put Ben Rothlisberger or on the Titans and he's probably no where near as good as he is today.

stretch
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
you need to reevaluate the word bust, if thats what you truly think. either that or watch him play. :lol
you could do the same for VY. his stats arent great, but watching him play, especially at the toughest position in the NFL, you can see that he showed more good than he did bad. and he doesnt have the luxury of great recievers or great backs to help him out. he has a few decent players around him on offense, but not like Bush. he backs up Deuce McCallister, and has Drew Brees as QB and Joe Horn opening up the offense in the passing game. who does Vince Young have helping him on offense? the only guys who look any good are Lendale White (Rookie RB) and Ben Troupe (TE), and they arent players the caliber of guys like McCallister and Horn. give him some time. QBs usually take at least 3 years to truly develop. he has started 1 game, and you think hes a bust. you truly are a model of ignorance.

Horry For 3!
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't say bust but he has yet to score a TD through 4 games.

stretch
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
very true. he started in college rather slowly, but once he got some experience, and got comfortable, he was amazing. and there are some things he has that cannot be developed... knowing how to win, handling pressure, and leadership skills. he clearly has all, as he singlehandedly beat the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. and he has shown that he can be a very effective passer. i thought the majority of his passes yesterday were very good, accurate, and crisp. he has shown he has a strong arm as well. in time, i think he will be a very good NFL QB. he hasnt shown any signs that he will be unsuccessful. the only people that think hes a bust are people that are bitter over the Longhorns beating the Trojans, racists, and ignorant assholes.

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
He looked good in spurts during the cowboys game. In my opinion what ultimately decides how good you are in the NFL is how good your teamates are. Put Ben Rothlisberger or on the Titans and he's probably no where near as good as he is today.

I totally disagree. I think that how good your teammates are certainly decides how good your team is and having terrible receivers or no running game can certainly affect how good your quarterback numbers and stats are, but they don't show how talented you are. For example, Dan Marino had absolutely no running game for most, if not all of his career and he is a considered a pretty damn good quarterback. John Elway had a weak offensive line most of his career as well as a weak running game for most of his career and he put up MVP numbers during this stretch, he even won the MVP during this stretch. In fact, Elway became the most sacked quarterback of all time during his career so his offensive line wasn't ever that great until about 1995.

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
very true. he started in college rather slowly, but once he got some experience, and got comfortable, he was amazing. and there are some things he has that cannot be developed... knowing how to win, handling pressure, and leadership skills. he clearly has all, as he singlehandedly beat the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. and he has shown that he can be a very effective passer. i thought the majority of his passes yesterday were very good, accurate, and crisp. he has shown he has a strong arm as well. in time, i think he will be a very good NFL QB. he hasnt shown any signs that he will be unsuccessful. the only people that think hes a bust are people that are bitter over the Longhorns beating the Trojans, racists, and ignorant assholes.

I don't think he's a bust, but he very well could be in the end........I'm pretty sure I was rooting for UT at the time, I'm not racist, and I don't think I'm ignorant though.

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
you could do the same for VY. his stats arent great, but watching him play, especially at the toughest position in the NFL, you can see that he showed more good than he did bad. and he doesnt have the luxury of great recievers or great backs to help him out. he has a few decent players around him on offense, but not like Bush. he backs up Deuce McCallister, and has Drew Brees as QB and Joe Horn opening up the offense in the passing game. who does Vince Young have helping him on offense? the only guys who look any good are Lendale White (Rookie RB) and Ben Troupe (TE), and they arent players the caliber of guys like McCallister and Horn. give him some time. QBs usually take at least 3 years to truly develop. he has started 1 game, and you think hes a bust. you truly are a model of ignorance.

did i say he would be a bust? no i did not. do i think he will be a bust...yes, but i thought that long before he even played a down in the NFL.

...and just for the record, if he is going to make it in the NFL, he needs to start getting rid of the ball on bad plays, throw more accurately, and stop thinking he can run anytime there is a bit of green in front of him.

Horry For 3!
10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Also, being compared to Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk and so on. I would think 0 TDs in 4 games would seem like some sort of bust.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I totally disagree. I think that how good your teammates are certainly decides how good your team is and having terrible receivers or no running game can certainly affect how good your quarterback numbers and stats are, but they don't show how talented you are. For example, Dan Marino had absolutely no running game for most, if not all of his career and he is a considered a pretty damn good quarterback. John Elway had a weak offensive line most of his career as well as a weak running game for most of his career and he put up MVP numbers during this stretch, he even won the MVP during this stretch. In fact, Elway became the most sacked quarterback of all time during his career so his offensive line wasn't ever that great until about 1995.

Well i'm not positive, but I think Elway, Marino, and Aikman all started off slow, until they adapted to NFL play. I'm not saying that teamates show 100% of players ability, but they can make decent players look great, or great players look decent. Look at guys like David Carr, he is a pretty good quarterback with no support.

T-Pain
10-02-2006, 03:19 PM
i think its way too early to determine whether VY is another Mike Vick or Kordell Stewart

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Also, being compared to Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk and so on. I would think 0 TDs in 4 games would seem like some sort of bust.

simple, he is not the feature back and Deuce gets most of the goal line action (almost all the goal line carries).

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
i think its way too early to determine whether VY is another Mike Vick or Kordell Stewart

btw, neither are good QBs.

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Well i'm not positive, but I think Elway, Marino, and Aikman all started off slow, until they adapted to NFL play. I'm not saying that teamates show 100% of players ability, but they can make decent players look great, or great players look decent. Look at guys like David Carr, he is a pretty good quarterback with no support.

Elway started out slow, took him a full season. Marino was Marino from day one though, and led his team to the super bowl his rookie year. I'm not sure about Aikman either. I agree with you about teammates making a difference though, I'm just saying that the great ones make up for their teammates.

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM

Oh man, you are going to start an argument with that one. I'm waiting for the Vick fans to step in.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 03:26 PM
simple, he is not the feature back and Deuce gets most of the goal line action (almost all the goal line carries).

For being such an explosive back, he's only averaging 3.3 yards per carry, right on par with his heisman counterpart Ron Dayne

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh man, you are going to start an argument with that one. I'm waiting for the Vick fans to step in.

vick is a joke and kordell sucked. and vyoung won't even be as good as vick.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Elway started out slow, took him a full season. Marino was Marino from day one though, and led his team to the super bowl his rookie year. I'm not sure about Aikman either. I agree with you about teammates making a difference though, I'm just saying that the great ones make up for their teammates.

I can agree with that, but even the great ones need a decent supporting cast. I don't think any one player can make the Titans a playoff team this year

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
For being such an explosive back, he's only averaging 3.3 yards per carry, right on par with his heisman counterpart Ron Dayne

I'll go and get the stats for Bush in regards to total yards per game of production and I'll bet he's making quite an impact for the team. Furthermore, Bush is opening things up for the rest of his team. Defenses are keying so much on Bush, they are leaving the field open for Horn, the Running game, and Drew Brees.

T-Pain
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
mike vick is not that bad

johnsmith
10-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Bush is averaging 98 all purpose yards a game through four games. What was Dayne averaging through four?

stretch
10-02-2006, 03:47 PM
did i say he would be a bust? no i did not. do i think he will be a bust...yes, but i thought that long before he even played a down in the NFL.

...and just for the record, if he is going to make it in the NFL, he needs to start getting rid of the ball on bad plays, throw more accurately, and stop thinking he can run anytime there is a bit of green in front of him.
i agree on those areas for improvement (except the running part. he didnt try to run much at all Sunday, unless a running play was called for him, which i think is dumb. he should only run when a play breaks down, cuz thats when he is at his best.) however, pretty much all Rookie QBs, need to work on accuracy and smarts. VY is not any different in that regards. he made some rookie mistakes, which is perfectly fine, since he is a rookie. but he also did some very nice things out there. he ran the 2 minute drill pretty well at the end of the first half, but his stupid team kept taking forever to get to the huddle. he also showed some nice accuracy and touch on many passes, and looked very comfortable, even under the blitz, until the crappy line really started to break down, and he was constantly under lots of pressure.

stretch
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
vick is a joke and kordell sucked. and vyoung won't even be as good as vick.
Vick wins games. whats the most important thing for a QB to do for his team? lead them to victory. and through injury, he has proved that without him, his team cannot win. passing stats mean nothing. wins are all that truly matters. and he finds a way to lead his team to victory, and doesnt even have a DECENT recieving crew, except for Crumpler, who is a TE.

johngateswhiteley
10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Vick wins games. whats the most important thing for a QB to do for his team? lead them to victory. and through injury, he has proved that without him, his team cannot win. passing stats mean nothing. wins are all that truly matters. and he finds a way to lead his team to victory, and doesnt even have a DECENT recieving crew, except for Crumpler, who is a TE.

wrong. the falcons win games. and in big games (all that matters) vick loses games. look at his playoff record/performances...then we can talk. not convinced? go talk to Ron Jaworski.

btw, matt schaub is better than vick.

stretch
10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
wrong. the falcons win games. and in big games (all that matters) vick loses games. look at his playoff record/performances...then we can talk. not convinced? go talk to Ron Jaworski.

Without Vick, the Falcons dont win games. Without him, they are a very poor team. they proved that in the year that he broke his leg. and he has had some very impressive playoff performances. he led his team to a very convincing win over the Packers in Lambeau Field... something NO team had done before in the playoffs. he completely dismantled the Rams 2 years ago as well. he lost in his two games against the Eagles, but thats cuz the eagles were clearly a far better team and better coached.

oh, and if Schaub is better than Vick, he would be starting, dumbshit.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-02-2006, 10:20 PM
JGW is seriously arguing that the falcons don't win because of Michael Vick. This JGW character is obviously 12 years old guys, stop arguing with him, he's a fucking joke. Being an ignorant asshole is one thing, in fact its needed on message boards, but he is more biased than I am towards my longhorns and well his posts just suck.

I even admitted than VY got chodebloaded in that game. This jerk off is trying to tell us that the rookie compared to barry sanders is meeting those expectations. Give me a break. I see them hand it off to him and I see reggie dancing trying to run east-west and getting stuffed for losses. Right now the greatest thing he does for his team is in misdirection plays and fakes. But defenses will adjust soon enough if he keeps running the ball like crap.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Vick is a horrible QB. No pocket awareness, no touch, inaccurate, terrible footwork, etc. They win because his speed is a dimension that 95% of the Ds in the league don't have the talent to stop. When that dimension is taken away(deep in the playoffs), he struggles mightily.

And when he broke his leg, they had Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner backing him up. Not exactly NFL caliber QBs.

leemajors
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM

jaworski was on PTI earlier reiterating his take that v young will be a very solid NFL qb, but that it is way too early to throw dude in this year. your throwawa schaub take was hilarious though.

johngateswhiteley
10-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Vick is a horrible QB. No pocket awareness, no touch, inaccurate, terrible footwork, etc. They win because his speed is a dimension that 95% of the Ds in the league don't have the talent to stop. When that dimension is taken away(deep in the playoffs), he struggles mightily.

And when he broke his leg, they had Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner backing him up. Not exactly NFL caliber QBs.

thank you.

Mr Dio
10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
jaworski was on PTI earlier reiterating his take that v young will be a very solid NFL qb, but that it is way too early to throw dude in this year.

EXACTLY!
Many of those bashing VY actually thought at one time that Reggie McNeal was a better pro prospect @ QB. :lol

Mr Dio
10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, VY has his 1st of many to come career rushing TDs.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Amazing how a talented rookie QB can look pretty good against defenses that aren't top 4 in the league. Leinart still looked like shit against a Falcons D that is pretty average - I mean they got shredded by NO. VY will be very good after getting a good year to year and a half of consecutive starts. Every rookie QB on a bad team looks like shit for a while - Palmer, Manning twins, Aikman, etc... it takes time to learn and get a team around you.

johngateswhiteley
10-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Amazing how a talented rookie QB can look pretty good against defenses that aren't top 4 in the league. Leinart still looked like shit against a Falcons D that is pretty average - I mean they got shredded by NO. VY will be very good after getting a good year to year and a half of consecutive starts. Every rookie QB on a bad team looks like shit for a while - Palmer, Manning twins, Aikman, etc... it takes time to learn and get a team around you.

Leinart did not look like shit, his team did. you have to give him time. the INT was tipped and he got hit on the snap. in his FIRST game he has two TDs in the first quarter.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Leinart is playing very well in this game so far. Props to him and his O Line for keeping him clean early in the game.

johngateswhiteley
10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Leinart is playing very well in this game so far. Props to him and his O Line for keeping him clean early in the game.

..he has a much quicker release than Warner...its not even close.

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
when are the titans going to move vince young to receiver?

Uhhhh, my guess is NEVER. :lol

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM

Well, looks like VY can
1) win games
2) win O-ROY
3) make fools of experts. :lol :lol :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-03-2007, 11:15 PM
And Vick still sucks.

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Can u imagine all the Reggie groupies that are shittin' and fuming right now? :lol