PDA

View Full Version : Us Open Final

Phil Hellmuth
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Go Roddick.

I just bet Federer not to win 3-0 for some money.

mavsfan1000
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Well as I predicted Federer in 4 sets. Roddick just doesn't match up well to Federer because Federer is the best at blocking serves in the history of tennis. Great Roddick effort but Roddick will have to improve his baseline game tremendously. I think he lacks the quickness to do that.

1Parker1
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
^^Roddick lacks quickness? I disagree.His quickness and energy was actually what got him back into the match after the horrible 5-0 first set start.

Anyways, go Federer!! That guy is lethal...just when you think he's going down and has a weakness, he comes back in the blink of an eye. He has the total package in tennis. :tu

BTW, Props to Tiger Woods for his support :lol

leemajors
09-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Well as I predicted Federer in 4 sets. Roddick just doesn't match up well to Federer because Federer is the best at blocking serves in the history of tennis. Great Roddick effort but Roddick will have to improve his baseline game tremendously. I think he lacks the quickness to do that.

agassi was no slouch at returning big serves himself in his prime.

mavsfan1000
09-10-2006, 09:36 PM
^^Roddick lacks quickness? I disagree.His quickness and energy was actually what got him back into the match after the horrible 5-0 first set start.

Anyways, go Federer!! That guy is lethal...just when you think he's going down and has a weakness, he comes back in the blink of an eye. He has the total package in tennis. :tu

BTW, Props to Tiger Woods for his support :lol
I think you are mixing up quickness with effort. Roddick did try hard in this match but he doesn't have a quick first step like Nadal or Federer have. He isn't slow but he isn't fast either.

mavsfan1000
09-10-2006, 09:38 PM
agassi was no slouch at returning big serves himself in his prime.
Agassi always struggled with Sampras. Agassi is the best second serve returner and a good first serve returner also. Their styles of returning are completely different. Federer just blocks shots back while Agassi goes for big shots on returns and makes it a weapon. Where Federer has the advantage is his anticipation of where the ball is going. It is really hard to ace Federer.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Roddick doesn't hold a candle to either Federer or Nadal

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah well....let's see Federer take on Pong! :lol

1Parker1
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah well....let's see Federer take on Pong! :lol

:lmao

ATX Spur
09-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Roddick has looked great recently. Federer is just dominant right now. He's playing in another world.