PDA

View Full Version : Officiating in Indy - NY was horrible

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I guess the league wants to take care of Indy.

Three bullshit calls decided that game.

dirk4mvp
09-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Hater.

FromWayDowntown
09-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I thought the officiating was a bit sketchy in several of the games today. I don't think calls decided any of the games -- if Eli hadn't thrown that horrendous ball that Harper intercepted after the PI call, I'd be a bit more sympathetic to the Giants.

I thought the two reviews in the Dallas-Jacksonville game were both horribly wrong -- or, at least, that the explanations given for reversing the calls were dubious.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I didn't catch the Dallas game, so can't comment.

The offensive pass interference call that preceded the pick was a joke.

Then they followed it up with the illegal snap call at the end that they took 10 seconds off the clock and essentially ended the game.

I mean come on, illegal snap? :lol

samikeyp
09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
The Giants clock management at the end was a little suspect as well.

leemajors
09-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I thought the officiating was a bit sketchy in several of the games today. I don't think calls decided any of the games -- if Eli hadn't thrown that horrendous ball that Harper intercepted after the PI call, I'd be a bit more sympathetic to the Giants.

I thought the two reviews in the Dallas-Jacksonville game were both horribly wrong -- or, at least, that the explanations given for reversing the calls were dubious.

the worst call was the non call on jax's first TD - the receiver grabbed henry by the helmet and pushed him to the ground, then caught the td pass.

Melmart1
09-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, officiating was bad in all the games I caught today. Those two calls in the Cowboys game were bad. Even though they were in favor of my team, I can call a spade a spade- they were flat out wrong!

And the Colts game.. good lawd! It was so bad that my friend who HATES the Colts said that tomorrow the NFL changes the rules so that the Colts get 5 downs and you are not allowed to touch their receivers at all or get a penalty. THat is how much he thought the refs were trying to hand the game to the Colts. Of course, he is a Pats fan so take everything he says about the Colts with a grain of salt :lol

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-10-2006, 11:47 PM
the worst call was the non call on jax's first TD - the receiver grabbed henry by the helmet and pushed him to the ground, then caught the td pass.

There was an equal amount of jostling on that play.
Having watched that play again, it looked more like the DB put his head down more than it did Williams pushing it down.

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM
The officiating has been going downhill for the last 4-5 years. It's getting damn close to NBA officiating.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
why are the Manning brothers such bitches? the family was acting like this was such a huge deal and they could not deal with their babies facing off. wtf? and wgaf? if i beat my brother in a game i would be ragging all over him...its a game and its suppose to be fun.

rasho8
09-11-2006, 12:40 AM
The Dallas challenges were fucked up, bad overturns... the NYG phantom PI was pretty bad as well.. I guess weve seen our new superbowl officials in the first week... sign them up.

slayermin
09-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Like Pop says, no one likes a homer.

dav4463
09-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Sounds to me like all the Maverick whining has carried over to the Cowboy fans. I've heard more whining on the radio about those pass interference calls than I did about Dwayne Wade getting all the calls. I guess the whole world has it in for Dallas sports teams...no honest referee mistakes allowed against Dallas!....even though players are allowed plenty of mistakes...right..Dirk?...right Drew Bledsoe?

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 08:13 AM
why are the Manning brothers such bitches? the family was acting like this was such a huge deal and they could not deal with their babies facing off. wtf? and wgaf? if i beat my brother in a game i would be ragging all over him...its a game and its suppose to be fun.

Damn you JGW! You found something I agree with you on! :madrun :)

I respect the kids' skills but this whole "Manning Bowl" thing was a bit much. Plus Peyton and Eli's behavior over the years has not impressed me.

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Sounds to me like all the Maverick whining has carried over to the Cowboy fans.

show me where I whined.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Damn you JGW! You found something I agree with you on! :madrun :)

I respect the kids' skills but this whole "Manning Bowl" thing was a bit much. Plus Peyton and Eli's behavior over the years has not impressed me.

...lol, well it has gotten ridiculous. and they are such babies...always someone else's fault.

dirk4mvp
09-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Sounds to me like all the Maverick whining has carried over to the Cowboy fans. I've heard more whining on the radio about those pass interference calls than I did about Dwayne Wade getting all the calls. I guess the whole world has it in for Dallas sports teams...no honest referee mistakes allowed against Dallas!....even though players are allowed plenty of mistakes...right..Dirk?...right Drew Bledsoe?

Ironic. A spur fan made this thread about officiating. :lol

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Ironic. A spur fan made this thread about officiating

even more ironic, a Mav fan calling a Spur fan out for it.

Kettle, this is pot, you're black. :)

dirk4mvp
09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
even more ironic, a Mav fan calling a Spur fan out for it.

Kettle, this is pot, you're black. :)

Nope :td

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
yep :tu

Mav fan called out Spur fan for whining about officiating during their series (and rightfully so)...then the exact same behavior that Mav fan riduculed was adopted by Mav fan in the Finals.

So why is it when Spur fan brings up officiating...its whining, but if Mav fan does it, its ok?

Double standard anyone?

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
yep :tu

Mav fan called out Spur fan for whining about officiating during their series (and rightfully so)...then the exact same behavior that Mav fan riduculed was adopted by Mav fan in the Finals.

So why is it when Spur fan brings up officiating...its whining, but if Mav fan does it, its ok?

Double standard anyone?

...i suppose thats just the way it is. in general, when a team wins and officiating might have been questionable the winning teams fans believe they won on their own merit while the losing teams fans think they lost b/c of the refs. this goes back and forth all the time...

anyway, it is ironic.

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
To a point, I agree. Those less knowledgeable fans tend to blame officiating to soothe their wounds. There are, however, a great number of good, smart fans who know better and while hating their team losing, are mature enough to handle it. I detest anytime a team that I follow loses...but I understand that the two teams control the outcome of the game. Sometimes my team just made too many mistakes and sometimes the other team was just better that day.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
To a point, I agree. Those less knowledgeable fans tend to blame officiating to soothe their wounds. There are, however, a great number of good, smart fans who know better and while hating their team losing, are mature enough to handle it. I detest anytime a team that I follow loses...but I understand that the two teams control the outcome of the game. Sometimes my team just made too many mistakes and sometimes the other team was just better that day.

like USC vs. t.u. last year :wink:

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Not at all....Texas was just better! :p

tlongII
09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
The PI call against the Giants was a weak call. I was happy to see both the Cowboys and Giants lose though. It gives Seattle a leg up in the race for home field advantage in the playoffs! :smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Ironic. A spur fan made this thread about officiating.

The difference is I couldn't have given two cents either way who won the Indy-NYG game last night.

I just wanted to see a great finish, not the officials screwing the Giants on two crucial calls to protect big bad Peyton and try and help Indy in its quest to finally get to the Superbowl.

Contrast this with the fact that all of you Mavs fans have your head so far up Puban's ass because 'he says what's on his mind' that you sounded like a bunch of crybabies in the NBA FInals.

I think if Mark told you that you needed to start tossing each others' salads to win an NBA title everyone would be on their knees within the hour in Dallas.

greywheel
09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I did not see much of the Indy game but I did see a lot of suspect flags earlier in the day for offensive pass interference. It's like the refs were coached before the season that this needed to be called more often. The refs were looking for it and often calling it on borderline plays. Didn't they do this at the start of last year too, just to basically quit calling it by playoff time?

dav4463
09-11-2006, 03:07 PM
show me where I whined.

Not everybody, I was talking about the ones I heard on the call-in sports radio shows. Dallas didn't deserve to win. They played poorly. Referee calls did not decide the game. They would have found a way to lose. They just didn't have it yesterday.

dirk4mvp
09-11-2006, 03:37 PM
The difference is I couldn't have given two cents either way who won the Indy-NYG game last night.

I just wanted to see a great finish, not the officials screwing the Giants on two crucial calls to protect big bad Peyton and try and help Indy in its quest to finally get to the Superbowl.

Contrast this with the fact that all of you Mavs fans have your head so far up Puban's ass because 'he says what's on his mind' that you sounded like a bunch of crybabies in the NBA FInals.

I think if Mark told you that you needed to start tossing each others' salads to win an NBA title everyone would be on their knees within the hour in Dallas.

Wow. Intellegent post :rolleyes

And I seriously doubt they would screw with some calls to get to the SB in the 1st week of the damn season.

What would Spurs fans do to reclaim their title as a better team than Dallas?

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 03:41 PM
What would Spurs fans do to reclaim their title as a better team than Dallas?

You would be surprised what some would do. :) I would bet though that fans of teams whom had never won a title would do more. At least the Mavs have been to the finals....imagine what fans whose teams had not even gone that far would do.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
And I seriously doubt they would screw with some calls to get to the SB in the 1st week of the damn season.

Right, it's not like the NFL went and changed the rules about bump and run coverage after the Colts got manhandled in the playoffs a few years back. Oh wait...

dirk4mvp
09-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Right, it's not like the NFL went and changed the rules about bump and run coverage after the Colts got manhandled in the playoffs a few years back. Oh wait...

Just for them huh? :tu

And they changed the illegal snap rule for them too because they knew something like that would happen against them one day. :tu