PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Are Fucked Until...

scott
09-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Tony Romo is unleashed!!!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/342809.jpg

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/08-06/0813_romo250.jpg

http://espndeportes-att.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0813/a_ton_v.jpg

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/college/1aa/payton_2002/romo.jpg

Melmart1
09-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I can't imagine that Bill will ever play Romo over Bledsoe unless Bledsoe gets his bell rung again, like when he was with the Pats. Wouldnt that be fucked up though- for Drew to get replaced by the young, unproven QB twice in his career?

That being said, I hope it doesn't happen. I love Romo and have touted him for three years now but Bledsoe is our QB. But obviously I want what's best for the team, just not sure Romo right now is best.

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Bledsoe is the kind of QB who needs max protection. The Cowboy's offensive line just isn't good enough to give him that kind of protection. For the most part, Bledsoe is a statue back there waiting for someone to get open. At least Romo has some mobility. But Parcells will stick with Bledsoe. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

slayermin
09-10-2006, 11:46 PM
We don't need any ex-southside gangbangers in the NFL.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Hopefully they can get Romo in early in the season, then we might actually have a shot for the playoffs

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 08:00 AM
To Mel's credit.....she has been a Romo girl since I have known her. I think there might be something to those back problems they were talking about during the broadcast. He looked even stiffer than usual in the second half.

Melmart1
09-11-2006, 11:54 AM
To Mel's credit.....she has been a Romo girl since I have known her. I think there might be something to those back problems they were talking about during the broadcast. He looked even stiffer than usual in the second half.
:tu Thanks Mikey... hahaha, I guess you remember me always calling for Romo to play during the QC and Testeverde days (puke!). I was mad when Henson got to play that 2nd half over him :madrun

Bledsoe did look like a statue out there but I am hoping it was only one game. I HARDLY think you should be replacing your starting QB for an unnproven after one game. I mean, if you replaced every player who stunk it up last night, you would be replacing half the guys who played from the 2nd quarter on.

Taco
09-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Hopefully they can get Romo in early in the season, then we might actually have a shot for the playoffs

THE ONLY WAY ROMO WILL GET IT IS IF "MR HAPPY FEET" GET'S INJURED

samikeyp
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
THE ONLY WAY ROMO WILL GET IT IS IF "MR HAPPY FEET" GET'S INJURED

well...he did not look totally healthy in the second half.

Duff McCartney
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
That loss yesterday is all on Bledsoe. Those ints were huge for the Jaguars. You CAN NOT play a great defense like that and make stupid ass mistakes like the ones Bledsoe made.

If anyone is to blame it's Bledsoe...the only way TO will mess up the Cowboys is if Bledsoe keeps throwing picks like he did yesterday...and who could blame him? I would too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2006, 06:14 PM
The Cowboys will never even get to another Super Bowl with Bledsoe at QB. :td

Play Romo. I don't know if he's the answer or not, but I know that Drew isn't.

BeerIsGood!
09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
That loss yesterday is all on Bledsoe. Those ints were huge for the Jaguars. You CAN NOT play a great defense like that and make stupid ass mistakes like the ones Bledsoe made.

If anyone is to blame it's Bledsoe...the only way TO will mess up the Cowboys is if Bledsoe keeps throwing picks like he did yesterday...and who could blame him? I would too.
Pat Watkins and Henry blowing coverages didn't help either. The defense was disappointing simply because a great defense (which is what this has been touted as) erases turnovers by giving up field goals and NOT touchdowns. They didn't do that and will need to be a better red zone defense from here on out. First game out of the way... let's see if things improve. I would like to see Romo play IF the O-line isn't able to keep Bledsoe off of the ground or if Bledsoe continues to miss open receivers.

johnsmith
09-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Pat Watkins and Henry blowing coverages didn't help either. The defense was disappointing simply because a great defense (which is what this has been touted as) erases turnovers by giving up field goals and NOT touchdowns. They didn't do that and will need to be a better red zone defense from here on out. First game out of the way... let's see if things improve. I would like to see Romo play IF the O-line isn't able to keep Bledsoe off of the ground or if Bledsoe continues to miss open receivers.

Honestly, I think we're all getting too worked up over the first weekend of the NFL season. There are 16 winless teams out there and the Cowboys and my Broncos just happen to be among them. Everyone knows that both of these teams are far better then they performed on Sunday and I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves by calling for Romo and Cutler. However, if this becomes a trend, then I think it's justified.