PDA

View Full Version : Amare Promises To Be All-Star Again

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Amare Vows To Be An All-Star
11th September, 2006 - 6:19 am

Arizona Republic - As Amare Stoudemire continues his recovery from microfracture surgery on his left knee 11 months ago, the athletic Suns forward has vowed that he will be back to his All-Star form this upcoming season, and to expect his presence in Vegas come February.

"I'm like the Phoenix bird," he said. "I'm kind of reincarnating myself. I'm looking forward to being in Vegas on All-Star weekend and playing on Sunday."

To that end, Stoudemire has worked out almost daily since he left USA Basketball's tryout camp early in August because his body was not ready.

His managers then hired former Suns athletic trainer Robin Pound. Pound guided Jason Kidd after his 2004 microfracture. Kidd might be the procedure's most successful NBA client.

jacobdrj
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Reminds me of the all time most famous stupid quote of all time...
"As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. "

ATX Spur
09-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Even though they'd challenge the Spurs well, I'd love to see how an All-star Amare plus and improved Marion and Nash. That would be sick!

shaggy17
09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Anyone who thinks the Suns arent a real threat in the West/League are kidding themselves. This is the most versatile team in the league that added some intangables this past playoffs. This team never quits and keeps fighting till the final buzzer. Suns D 05-06>>>>>>>>>>>>Suns D 04-05 and the scary part is Amare was out all year and Kurt Thomas was out for the entire playoffs and late reg season. Who cares if they didnt play elite teams in the first two rounds (Lakers/Clips arent exactly chop liver either), they still managed to make the WCF with their tallest guy being a 6'10 sf who was wavied late in the year and nearly pushed the Mavs to a game 7. They really overachieved last year and added some things along the way and that should be carried over into this season. They also added Marcus Banks and Jumaine Jones for more perimeter toughness. Yeah their D wasnt Piston/Spurs/Mavs Like but it was much better then 04-05 and they managed to contain the other teams O in the in spurts. This is a downright sick ass team with a major chip on their shoulder...look out!

mavs>spurs2
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone who thinks the Suns arent a real threat in the West/League are kidding themselves. This is the most versatile team in the league that added some intangables this past playoffs. This team never quits and keeps fighting till the final buzzer. Suns D 05-06>>>>>>>>>>>>Suns D 04-05 and the scary part is Amare was out all year and Kurt Thomas was out for the entire playoffs and late reg season. Who cares if they didnt play elite teams in the first two rounds (Lakers/Clips arent exactly chop liver either), they still managed to make the WCF with their tallest guy being a 6'10 sf who was wavied late in the year and nearly pushed the Mavs to a game 7. They really overachieved last year and added some things along the way and that should be carried over into this season. They also added Marcus Banks and Jumaine Jones for more perimeter toughness. Yeah their D wasnt Piston/Spurs/Mavs Like but it was much better then 04-05 and they managed to contain the other teams O in the in spurts. This is a downright sick ass team with a major chip on their shoulder...look out!

Mostly true although I still don't understand why you have such an interest in the Suns.
:tu

mavsfan1000
09-12-2006, 09:40 PM

The suns have potential but I doubt Amare comes back to what he once was. At least not for another year. I have the suns as being the 3rd best team in the west next year.

ATX Spur
09-12-2006, 09:55 PM
:rolleyes

never again..........he's done.

why?

ATX Spur
09-12-2006, 11:53 PM
We'll see how much he can contribute. I bet we'll see some splashes of hope in the first half of the season.

Xylus
09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
"I'm looking forward to being in Vegas on All-Star weekend and playing on Sunday."

I like this quote in particular. Amare needs to focus on individual improvement at the moment before he starts making guarantees to bring Phoenix a championship this year. He's one of the hardest working players in the league, and these kinds of goals could help him get to the level that he needs to be at--you know, the scary level where he's posterizing Olowokandi or elevating over Yao Ming.

TDMVPDPOY
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
amare better hope 1billion chinese fans are suns fans, or else he aint gettin in the ASG roster.

Rip-Hamilton32
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
the scary level where he's posterizing Olowokandi or elevating over Yao Ming. thats not scary at all almost any highflyer in the league can do that

shaggy17
09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
He is working his ass off I give him props for that

KFRebel
09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
This is sad, most likely he's going to get the "Webber Knees®™". Let's just hope it doesn't get to that.

reydawg
09-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Did he also cross his heart?