PDA

View Full Version : TPark

Jimcs50
10-26-2004, 11:03 PM
WTF are you??

Come on in here and tell me again how good Cardinal pitching really is and how Boston only has 3 good hitters.

I am just busting your chops man...sorry. I have been there too many times, I know how it feels.

This is just destiny man, Boston's year, that is all I can say.

I really respect and like your team, they are class all class from Pujols to Rollen to Edmonds to Jeff Suppan to Edgar.

It is not over, but the fat lady to warming up in the wings, the orchestra is tuning their instruments, and the ushers are closing the doors.

T Park
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
I honestly in my gut knew the cardinals wouldnt win this series, because, from beginning to end, its been Boston's year.

Im scared though now of the apocolypse coming before tommarow night's game.

Congrats to the Bo Sox.

First ring in 86 years lol.

This is very ala New York Rangers.

pooh
10-27-2004, 04:13 AM
It's somewhat like the Rangers but it doesn't have the mystique of the Cubs and Sox curses. I still think the Cards will take a game. I just can't see them rolling over in four straight.

Oh and by the way, Tony LaRussa is now 0-7 in his last seven world series games since winning it all back in '89

tlongII
10-27-2004, 08:33 AM
The Cards self-destructed. Sending Larry Walker on a shallow fly ball was stupid. Suppan had a serious brain cramp at 3rd base which allowed Pedro to be locked in for the rest of the game. Red Sox in FOUR.

Jimcs50
10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
The Cards self-destructed. Sending Larry Walker on a shallow fly ball was stupid. Suppan had a serious brain cramp at 3rd base which allowed Pedro to be locked in for the rest of the game. Red Sox in FOUR.

tlong, Walker's move was the right one. He was running on Manny, for Godssake.

IcemanCometh
10-27-2004, 10:48 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~mgol1/baseball.JPG

tlongII
10-27-2004, 10:52 AM
tlong, Walker's move was the right one. He was running on Manny, for Godssake.

Jim, Manny's problem is catching the ball, not throwing it. It was a stupid move.

Jimcs50
10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Manny sucks at throwing the ball. He had not thrown a runner out at the plate all year long.

tlongII
10-27-2004, 05:39 PM
This quote is from the Boston Globe...

Manager Tony La Russa was on record as saying this was the best base-running team he's ever had. That was before Reggie Sanders missed second base, Larry Walker was out trying to score on a medium-deep sacrifice fly (the Cardinals apparently unaware that Manny Ramirez has a very accurate arm), and Jeff Suppan was running into a bizarre double play. OK, Suppan is a pitcher and is not used to running the bases. But this guy has been around for a long time now, and for him to turn a routine grounder to second with none out and men on second and third into a double play is inexcusable.

Here is the link...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/27/one_team_is_blessed_while_the_other_commits_cardin al_sins?pg=2