PDA

View Full Version : SUNS lookin at Kandiman

TDMVPDPOY
09-12-2006, 04:04 AM
What you guys think of this move??

Bruno
09-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Suns only weakness is the lack of a solid post defender against players like Duncan and Yao.
Kandiman is a very solid post defender : he will be a great fit with Suns.

Suns are easily the best team in the nba : versatile, talented everywhere, deep... They are the favourite to win it all next year.

Axl Van Dam
09-12-2006, 05:54 AM
:td Kandiman SUCKS!!!!!!!! :td

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm surprised there is still any interest in him by anyone. I remember not to long ago that some Spurs fans were upset with signing rasho instead of the Kandiman..

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Kandiman->Europe

ducks
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
amare not healthy?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
If we had the roster space, I would actually think about taking him for the minimum. But only if he could keep those boils off his face.

Drachen
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
I hope they sign him... He can be the Suns' Keith Van Horn
I remember during the Dallas series I was just begging the refs not to call KVH's 6th foul (even though there were chances to do so) just so he could stay in the game and suck.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-13-2006, 02:09 AM
What you guys think of this move??
I think they're just looking for someone with a pulse to warm the bench, because that guy just plain sucks.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Other than that the suns have made some solid acquisitions. Marcus Banks and Jumaine Jones should fill in nicely. :tu

JMarkJohns
09-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Not ta mention that Austrahlian Gunnah, Sean Mahks... CRIKEY! He's a beaut!

OK, not really, but at least he can run the court, something Kandi never could do.

NBA Junkie
09-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Kandi's lifetime 43% FG shooting should definitely bolster the Suns weak interior offense.

His inability to run the break and the lack of a perimeter shot guarantees a slew of DNP-CD's if he's lucky to make the roster. And, that's a very big if.

nkdlunch
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Kandi is as soft as a chinese fortune cookie. And Amare might play like Cwebb. YEah, Suns are CLEARLY best team in the NBA :rolleyes

Bob Lanier
09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
12 PPG. Minimum.

Supergirl
09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I would love this move because IMO it would guarantee the Suns aren't going anywhere. If they feel the need for this signing, it doesn't speak highly of how they feel about the players they have now. Marks was a better signing than Kandi would be, and Marks probably won't play much. A tire swing in the middle of the court would be more useful than Kandi.

jacobdrj
09-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Who can take a rainbow,
Wrap it in a sigh?
Soak it in some tears and make a grown man cry...
The Kandiman? The Kandiman can…

The candyman can't 'cause he sucks out all the love
and makes the world taste like gloom…

MajorMike
09-13-2006, 02:44 PM
To be honest... he has ALWAYS defended TiMVP well. I can't recall him ever doing anything else noteworthy but he has been tuff for Timmy... when he was in there.

shaggy17
09-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Why would signing mean the Suns are shit out of luck or not satisfied with their team??? :lol :lol He is a 7 footer with 6 fouls to give who could give the team some insurance size if they play someone like the Spurs/Rockets/Mavs etc etc. He will cost only the vets min so it is a low risk move. They wont rely on him for anything more then just grabbing a rebound here and their and using up his 6 fouls assuming he even plays that much. From what Amare has been saying, he said that he is slowly getting that athleticism back as well as getting healthier. Hes been busting his ass all summer but everyone is acting like hes going to be a scrub this year. Amare has until late April to get as much of his game that he can get back. He is also 23 not 31 so the youth improves his chances of being a consistent effective player by that time if it comes to that. Amare is huge to the Suns but not nearly as huge as Nash is. but I expect to see Nash taking it a little bit easier for the 82 game season this year now that he has Banks/Barbosa and even Diaw to help him out at the pg spot. The suns dont need Amare to score 30-40 points every night to win because they have enough scorers and depth to balance it all out. It is going to take much more then 5 games to beat the Suns in a series like we did in 04-05. I expect the suns to be a serious threat in the western conference. They do have the team to get past/go the full 7 games against the Spurs and the Mavs in a series.

Xylus
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Most Ridiculous Item of the Day:

I would love this move because IMO it would guarantee the Suns aren't going anywhere. If they feel the need for this signing, it doesn't speak highly of how they feel about the players they have now. Marks was a better signing than Kandi would be, and Marks probably won't play much. A tire swing in the middle of the court would be more useful than Kandi.

Kandi is paying his own way to practice with the Suns, so I don't think the organization "feels the need" to sign him. They don't seem desperate, or even willing, to sign him at all. And if I recall right, the Suns passed on him a few weeks back because he failed the physical.

The Suns have Pat Burke on the payroll (who's even worse than Sean Marks), our very own victory cigar, but that doesn't mean we don't value the other players on our team...that's ridiculous to even suggest. If Olowokandi was signed, I doubt it would be for very much. I also doubt he'd get that much playing time in D'Antoni's relatively small rotations, unless he showed vast improvement--which is possible, this is Phoenix Run and Gun we're talking about.

I think Olowokandi would be a nice addition to this already deep team, especially if either Kurt Thomas or Amare go down. That would leave the Suns a little thin in the center position, where Kandi would make a nice backup.

However, I've heard that the guy has almost no heart and very little motivation to win big, so he might not be a good locker room presence. And the Suns are already 10 players deep legitimately, so D'Antoni might not play him at all. I'm pretty indifferent on this issue.

Bruno
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
:rolleyes

You can roll your eyes as much as you want, truth is that Suns have the best roster in the nba today and given that their coach is quite good : they are the best team in the nba.

You can laugh at Olowakandi, truth is that even if he has no heart, he is a solid defender and rebounder. He has always done a great job on Duncan. He will be usefull against Spurs like Hunter two years ago (and even more).

Now look at their roster :
Nash / Banks
Bell / Barbosa
Marion / James Jones
Diaw / Jumaine Jones
Stoudamire / Thomas / Olowakandi

To me, it's clearly the best roster in nba.

Xylus
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Nash / Banks
Bell / Barbosa
Marion / James Jones
Diaw / Jumaine Jones

Now if they can only stay healthy...

nkdlunch
09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
You can roll your eyes as much as you want, truth is that Suns have the best roster in the nba today and given that their coach is quite good : they are the best team in the nba.

You can laugh at Olowakandi, truth is that even if he has no heart, he is a solid defender and rebounder. He has always done a great job on Duncan. He will be usefull against Spurs like Hunter two years ago (and even more).

Nash / Banks
Bell / Barbosa
Marion / James Jones
Diaw / Jumaine Jones

they may look good on paper. But I would not say CLEARLY they are the best.

How can you call a team CLEARLY the best if their best player, Amare is a question mark at this point????

and they are not gonna beat the Mavs or Spurs in a 7 game series. book it

Xylus
09-13-2006, 03:41 PM

How can you call a team CLEARLY the best if their best player, Amare is a question mark at this point????

I disagree with the claim that Amare Stoudemire is better than the 2-time MVP.

Bruno
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM

We are in september, it's "on paper" time.
I say they are CLEARLY better because they have the better team "on paper and it's not even close and they don't come from nowhere. (2 WCF, coach of the year...)

As Xylus said, cough ... Nash ... cough.
Concerning Amare : when the question mark is health based, I don't take the worst case scenario.
Even if microfacture is one of the worst injury, Stoudamire is quite young, signs are quite good and playoffs will be 18 months after his surgery : I strongly hope and think that he will be close to 100% for the playoffs.

As a Spurs fan, I will damn happy if I'm wrong and if Spurs beat Suns.

nkdlunch
09-13-2006, 04:11 PM
We are in september, it's "on paper" time.
I say they are CLEARLY better because they have the better team "on paper and it's not even close and they don't come from nowhere. (2 WCF, coach of the year...)
ahhh. ok then. "on paper" they MIGHT be, but I still thin "on paper" Dallas is better.

As Xylus said, cough ... Nash ... cough.

Being MVP does not make you the best player in the league. Is Nash better than Lebron? Dirk? Duncan? nope.

If Suns want to go all the way their team has to revolve around Stoudamire, he has to become their best player, by best player I mean their unstoppable player. Nash is not that(see playoff series vs. Spurs/Dallas).

Concerning Amare : when the question mark is health based, I don't take the worst case scenario.
Even if microfacture is one of the worst injury, Stoudamire is quite young, signs are quite good and playoffs will be 18 months after his surgery : I strongly hope and think that he will be close to 100% for the playoffs.

so if u don't take the worst case scenario. Why are you taking the best case scenario? Let's just take the middle road, which puts Amare as great/allstar but not THE PLAYER the Suns need to win it all.

As a Spurs fan, I will damn happy if I'm wrong and if Spurs beat Suns.
you are wrong. if anyone is gonna beat the Spurs, it will be Dallas again :(

shaggy17
09-13-2006, 05:48 PM
ahhh. ok then. "on paper" they MIGHT be, but I still thin "on paper" Dallas is better.

Being MVP does not make you the best player in the league. Is Nash better than Lebron? Dirk? Duncan? nope.

If Suns want to go all the way their team has to revolve around Stoudamire, he has to become their best player, by best player I mean their unstoppable player. Nash is not that(see playoff series vs. Spurs/Dallas).

so if u don't take the worst case scenario. Why are you taking the best case scenario? Let's just take the middle road, which puts Amare as great/allstar but not THE PLAYER the Suns need to win it all.

you are wrong. if anyone is gonna beat the Spurs, it will be Dallas again :(

Agreed if Pop doesnt take a page out of Pat Rileys book and use some kind of Riley Ball method

JMarkJohns
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I think both Phoenix and Dallas are being overrated within this thread. Dallas had A LOT of breaks go their way last year and I would figure that to be an unlikelyhood to continue into next year. Phoenix, on the other hand, hasn't proven they can beat San Antonio in any incarnation, so until I see it, I won't believe that they are the favorite.

All three teams will be very, very good and if all three teams have relatively good health for the year, it'll be a hell of a battle, but for my money, San Antonio has the experience and while I'm not crazy about their offseason, honestly, I didn't think a good offseason was a necessity for Championship contention next year. The were, afterall, probably one Manu bonehead foul from another Finals appearance.

mavsfan1000
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I think both Phoenix and Dallas are being overrated within this thread. Dallas had A LOT of breaks go their way last year and I would figure that to be an unlikelyhood to continue into next year. Phoenix, on the other hand, hasn't proven they can beat San Antonio in any incarnation, so until I see it, I won't believe that they are the favorite.

All three teams will be very, very good and if all three teams have relatively good health for the year, it'll be a hell of a battle, but for my money, San Antonio has the experience and while I'm not crazy about their offseason, honestly, I didn't think a good offseason was a necessity for Championship contention next year. The were, afterall, probably one Manu bonehead foul from another Finals appearance.
Well the Terry bonehead equalizes the Manu bonehead play. With Terry in there mavs would've won in 6. Mavs got better this offseason while the spurs took a step back but it is still pretty equal with the suns being my 3rd choice.

sickdsm
09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
LOL, most teams do get a lot of breaks to make it to the finals.

shaggy17
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Well the Terry bonehead equalizes the Manu bonehead play. With Terry in there mavs would've won in 6. Mavs got better this offseason while the spurs took a step back but it is still pretty equal with the suns being my 3rd choice.

Mavs didnt get better mentally. That finals loss to Miami is something they wont get over anytime soon. You dont just choke a 2-0 lead in the finals and being 6 1/2 minutes away from going up 3-0 to lose the finals and just shake it off for the next year. If this was any other round then I wouldnt think it would be an issue but this was with a championship at stake. Something you work for all season and to come that close and lose like that is something that will haunt you forever. They will be a force in the west but when push comes to shove it is going to show that they havent forgotten that series.

JMarkJohns
09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
LOL, most teams do get a lot of breaks to make it to the finals.

Counting on getting those same breaks again is like counting on a football to bounce straight. It's foolishness, plain and simple.

Of course teams get breaks. Should you figure such will always be the case?

nkdlunch
09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Mavs didnt get better mentally. That finals loss to Miami is something they wont get over anytime soon. You dont just choke a 2-0 lead in the finals and being 6 1/2 minutes away from going up 3-0 to lose the finals and just shake it off for the next year. If this was any other round then I wouldnt think it would be an issue but this was with a championship at stake. Something you work for all season and to come that close and lose like that is something that will haunt you forever. They will be a force in the west but when push comes to shove it is going to show that they havent forgotten that series.

sorry to bring this up, but do you remember .4?

mavsfan1000
09-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a lot of bullshit. Every team wipes the slate clean the next year. .4 is a perfect example of that. Anyways coming so close to winning a championship is going to just make them hungrier and more desperate to do it the next year. This is a young team so I think they know they will have another chance.

shaggy17
09-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Sounds like a lot of bullshit. Every team wipes the slate clean the next year. .4 is a perfect example of that. Anyways coming so close to winning a championship is going to just make them hungrier and more desperate to do it the next year. This is a young team so I think they know they will have another chance.

.4 wasnt the NBA Finals it was the 2nd round. I dont think their hunger is going to be the same. The Mavs had a 2-0 lead and a 13 point lead with 6 1/2 minutes left in the 4th of the NBA FINALS. You know the series that decides the CHAMPIONSHIP!! This wasnt the first round, semis or WCF. To come that close and lose 4 straight in that kind of fashion for something you had to work your way through since late September you cant just shake off. They will still very much be in the mix of things but this will always be something that will be in the back end of their minds and will continue to haunt them. Also if your going to call the Mavs a young team you might as well call the Spurs the same thing. The age factor isnt exactly a huge gap between both teams.

Bruno
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Mavs aren't as talented as Suns and when you look more closely they their 06 playoffs performance isn't that impressive :
- Memphis was an easy first round.
- It took them 7 games to beat Spurs with Finley starting at PF.
- Phoenix wasn't deep at all and they come from 2 seven games series.

mavsfan1000
09-14-2006, 02:42 PM
.4 wasnt the NBA Finals it was the 2nd round. I dont think their hunger is going to be the same. The Mavs had a 2-0 lead and a 13 point lead with 6 1/2 minutes left in the 4th of the NBA FINALS. You know the series that decides the CHAMPIONSHIP!! This wasnt the first round, semis or WCF. To come that close and lose 4 straight in that kind of fashion for something you had to work your way through since late September you cant just shake off. They will still very much be in the mix of things but this will always be something that will be in the back end of their minds and will continue to haunt them. Also if your going to call the Mavs a young team you might as well call the Spurs the same thing. The age factor isnt exactly a huge gap between both teams.
If we go from last years lineup it is.
Diop 24 Duncan 30
Nowitzki 28 Finley 33
J. Howard 26 Bowen 35
Terry 29 Ginobili 29
Harris 23 Parker 24.

sickdsm
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Counting on getting those same breaks again is like counting on a football to bounce straight. It's foolishness, plain and simple.

Of course teams get breaks. Should you figure such will always be the case?

I'm just saying from exp. For all you know it could be the nuggets and the spurs in the wcf.

Your'e no differnt expecting Amare to be Amare again.......

JMarkJohns
09-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm just saying from exp. For all you know it could be the nuggets and the spurs in the wcf.

Your'e no differnt expecting Amare to be Amare again.......

Maybe you should put the above statement this way, "THE SUNS are no different, expecting Amare to be Amare again......."

Ya know, since I clearly stated above that the Suns have issues and are being overrated by some in this thread.

confined
09-15-2006, 06:57 PM

dude get over urself already...im sick of comeing into threads and seeing u post bullshit all over the place...and having 2 -3 pages of people tellng u that u dont kno shit...get a clue...we all now u hate the mavs...but thats no reason to post bullshit about them...they beat u..show soem respect...they r as of now the best in the west so just get over it...opening week isnt too far away

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-15-2006, 10:34 PM
How the hell did we go from thinking about Olowakandi going to the Suns to talking about comparing the Spurs/Mavs/Suns? Every other thread ending with a Mavs-Spurs fans clash is getting old and annoying. So let me end it here.
The Heat are the best team by winning the championship. The Mavs are the best in the west as of now because they got to the Finals, even though they got some calls we can't blame the entire series on something else other than basketball skills. Part of it but not all of it. The Spurs effort had something to do with it. Some people as of now think the Spurs are better and some think the Mavs are better. Ithink the Spurs are better by a slim lead(like 10 to 9.8). Don't turn that into a fight. IT'S JUST AN OPINION! Everything before today is history so it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the future. But since we don't know what's gonna happen, for now SHUT UP! Mavs fans respect Spurs and Spurs fans. And Spurs fans respect Mavs and Mavs fans. And if you don't want to don't turn it into a put down. Just speak your opinion and that's it. And as for the Amare thing, is recovering from season-ending surgery, so we shouldn't expect a lot from him yet. For all we know, he can be another Grant Hill. So now can we get this out of the way and go back to talking about Olowakandi?

shaggy17
09-16-2006, 02:29 AM
If we go from last years lineup it is.
Diop 24 Duncan 30
Nowitzki 28 Finley 33
J. Howard 26 Bowen 35
Terry 29 Ginobili 29
Harris 23 Parker 24.

George 28,Croshere 32,Buckner 30,Anthony Johnson 32,Ager 22,Damp 31,Mbenga 25,Stackhouse 32

Horry 36, Williams 34, Barry 34,Butlar 21,Elson 30,Oberto 31, Bonner 26,Udrih 24,

The Mavs average age is close to 27 the Spurs age is close to 30. 3 years apart is nothing. Dirk is only 2 years younger then Duncan/Harris is only 1 year younger then Parker while Terry and Manu are pretty much the same age. Howard and Diop do have the youth age over Bowen and Elson/Finley (Since were trying last years matchup) but that doesnt make the age difference that huge between the teams. Comparing both benches your not much younger then our bench as well. If the Spurs are considered "old" then the Mavs should be considered "old" as well.

shaggy17
09-16-2006, 02:38 AM
dude get over urself already...im sick of comeing into threads and seeing u post bullshit all over the place...and having 2 -3 pages of people tellng u that u dont kno shit...get a clue...we all now u hate the mavs...but thats no reason to post bullshit about them...they beat u..show soem respect...they r as of now the best in the west so just get over it...opening week isnt too far away

Go back and read how this all got started. An opinion was stated so I decided to respond to it with one of my own. Mavsfan said the Mavs took a major step foward while the spurs/suns are going backwards and I responded to him on why I think differently. :)

mavsfan1000
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
George 28,Croshere 32,Buckner 30,Anthony Johnson 32,Ager 22,Damp 31,Mbenga 25,Stackhouse 32

Horry 36, Williams 34, Barry 34,Butlar 21,Elson 30,Oberto 31, Bonner 26,Udrih 24,

The Mavs average age is close to 27 the Spurs age is close to 30. 3 years apart is nothing. Dirk is only 2 years younger then Duncan/Harris is only 1 year younger then Parker while Terry and Manu are pretty much the same age. Howard and Diop do have the youth age over Bowen and Elson/Finley (Since were trying last years matchup) but that doesnt make the age difference that huge between the teams. Comparing both benches your not much younger then our bench as well. If the Spurs are considered "old" then the Mavs should be considered "old" as well.
Butler and Beno makes your average team age look pretty good but neither I doubt will have much role for the spurs next year. We'll see what happens but I think the age difference is a huge plus for the mavs over the spurs. If the spurs go with that same lineup as last year it won't be as good considering the age count.

mavs>spurs2
09-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Wow, first shaggy17 wants to talk about getting better mentally, completely forgetting about .4 and how next year is always a clean slate. Then he claims that the mavs aren't much younger than the spurs, which is a lie. You can't really count Beno/Butler when figuring average age because they have yet to prove anything, of course they bring the average down. Most of the key players except for The big 3 are OLD.

dude get over urself already...im sick of comeing into threads and seeing u post bullshit all over the place...and having 2 -3 pages of people tellng u that u dont kno shit...

He's too stupid to understand how badly he gets owned everytime this happens. He will have 10 different posters over a 3 page argument telling him that he's wrong, and he still thinks he's actually winning. You have to either learn to ignore him or click the ignore button, because there is no reasoning with him.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Go back and read how this all got started. An opinion was stated so I decided to respond to it with one of my own. Mavsfan said the Mavs took a major step foward while the spurs/suns are going backwards and I responded to him on why I think differently. :)

You are a fucking idiot has anyone ever told you that?? Even spurs fans think you are a dumbass who doesnt know shit about the game. Any spurs fan viewing this thread know your a fucking idiot who doesnt know your oatmeal from your shit. Why does your stupid ass have to give them such a bad image?? The fact that you call Dirk an all star and soft and say that the Mavs wont mentally recover from the finals shows your true intelligence. Shaggy I am getting sick and tired of these fucking posts of pointless bullshit ruining every damn thread.

shaggy17
09-17-2006, 03:21 PM
You are a fucking idiot has anyone ever told you that?? Even spurs fans think you are a dumbass who doesnt know shit about the game. Any spurs fan viewing this thread know your a fucking idiot who doesnt know your oatmeal from your shit. Why does your stupid ass have to give them such a bad image?? The fact that you call Dirk an all star and soft and say that the Mavs wont mentally recover from the finals shows your true intelligence. Shaggy I am getting sick and tired of these fucking posts of pointless bullshit ruining every damn thread.
:rolleyes :rolleyes Typical response from a Mavs fan!

Dirk Nowitzki
09-17-2006, 03:25 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes Typical response from a Mavs fan!

Typical response from a dumbfuck who only knows how to talk from his ass instead of his mouth. I read your other posts about how Kobe is a "team player". My goodness so much for me even thinking you had any kind of a brain. You lost any creditibility (if there was any) from me after posting that bullshit and actually defending it. Shaggy do yourself a favor and stop posting here. You are only making an ass out of yourself and keep on getting owned. Stop making other spurs fans look bad because of your "opinions". :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Typical response from a dumbfuck who only knows how to talk from his ass instead of his mouth. I read your other posts about how Kobe is a "team player". My goodness so much for me even thinking you had any kind of a brain. You lost any creditibility (if there was any) from me after posting that bullshit and actually defending it. Shaggy do yourself a favor and stop posting here. You are only making an ass out of yourself and keep on getting owned. Stop making other spurs fans look bad because of your "opinions". :rolleyes

Well said.

mavsfan1000
09-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Kinda rough on him since there is homerism all around this board. There are opinions out there that say that Kobe hasn't had much success when he did pass the ball so he is forced to take over. Not that I'm defending his points or anything.