PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes people make on E bay

mouse
10-27-2004, 12:21 AM
This person was selling an Expansion pack for the SIMS game on E bay.
But instead of having Expansion pack in the title? His title said Give Your Sims The Wild Life!

So his item never showed up if you place a search for Expansion packs,

Like if your selling a Rubber tire? You don't make the title Give your car a lovely new feel a nice new wheel you want e bay buyers to see your product you want as many words in the title that will get you noticed.

It should read Tire Car wheel Spare This person lost a game selling on e bay from $9 to $14 bucks for one cent anyone have change for a nickel? :lmao I just happen to stumble upon it when it had 4 minutes left in the auction.

Ps: Mistake #2 he did not have a reserve price,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80335&item=5726896102&rd=1

Congratulations mickeyonfox!

Dear mickeyonfox,
You have agreed to purchase the following eBay item from isdream2002 (J Scroggins - dundalk, MD United States) on Oct-26-04 22:06:57 PDT:

Give Your Sims The Wild Life! - Item #5726896102

Payment details:
Item price: US $0.01

Quantity: 1

Subtotal: US $0.01

Shipping, handling: Calculate Shipping

Shipping insurance per item:

Sales tax: (None)

I sent him an E mail I will pay him for what they go for on E bay
I don't like to take advantage of new sellers. If he had over 100 deals I might juts pay the one penny. maybe he is some poor kid just trying to make a buck or two for his used game since he has Sim's II already,

mouse
10-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Holy $hit it's over $9.00 Dollars for shipping. I should have went to Best Buy :lmao

Kori Ellis
10-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Mistakes people make on E bay

Not checking shipping costs before bidding :)

mouse
10-27-2004, 12:47 AM
^ :lmao ^ the $70 bucks you paid was $67 after paypal took out there $3 bucks.
so instead of sending 67 to my debt card I rounded it off to $60 so I had $7 bucks on pay pay to use. I went shopping on e bay since I have Sims 1? I figure I could get a sweet deal so I don't have to pay the $9.99 at best buy, now I have to spend $3 more dollars to pay pal so I can add $2 dollars to my account :lmao

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-27-2004, 03:01 AM
i love on ebay when u find a good deal, until you realize they are asking 20 dollars for shipping

mouse
10-27-2004, 07:27 AM
E bay is cool for buying, Selling is another story, Not every item you lose on shipping, like if the item is light weight? you pay only 3 bucks for shipping, like a rookie card, many sellers pay the shipping themselves, But you must use your common sense also, Like you can buy a car jack off e bay for 2 dollars, but the dam thing weighs so much you could pay over 15 dollars in shipping,

I remember one time I saw a ring on E bay it was very cool looking, it was like no other ring, it was an antique ruby ring, I like antique rings I don't buy modern jewelry with all these man made stones,

Anyway this ring was up to 75 bucks I asked my sister for 50 bucks I only had 90.

She took her time getting me the cash, it finally sold for 150.00. The same person that bought the ring put it back on E bay it was worth over 3,500.00 It was made by a famous jeweler in another country the person that brought the ring to America was an immigrant back in 1800s you find many of those type of deals in the estate sales.

many estate sales they have no idea what the items are worth, I saw a Nazi Dagger for 75.00 dollars on an estate sale part of e bay is was sold as old letter opener.

This Dagger ended back on E bay under War and Nazi memorabilia starting bid 750.00 It was a rare dagger only certain officers use in combat,

Anyone else have any E bay stories?

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/navbar/eBayLogoTM.gif

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Has anyone tried "I Sold it on Ebay" yet? They have 3 stores in SA and sell stuff on Ebay for you. They charge 33% with other hidden fees though. I'm not sure if that's worth it.

mouse
10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
If you need help selling something? Then it's not a wanted item. I have over 200 Dollars of new exercise equipment I can't sell for 20 bucks here in this forum, Like a rookie card that books 100.00 you can get 50% most of the time but..if the card is an Alvin Robertson card? you may not get 10% of the book Value

On the other hand? the Kobe Bryan ex-2000 rookie booked for 600.00 dollars
It was selling for $900.00 on E bay.

But if your lazy and you really want something sold? I guess those people provide a service, I would ask for 33% more on my item to cover the selling cost.

Tonto
10-29-2004, 12:36 AM
I just got the bill it was only 4 dollars total so it was worth it, anyone else need me to stay up late and search E bay for a sweet deals?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-29-2004, 12:46 AM
I just got the bill it was only 4 dollars total so it was worth it, anyone else need me to stay up late and search E bay for a sweet deals?

Did you outbid me on my Domokun, Tonto you sonofabitch?!?

http://12.181.168.132/c5/domo_m_q48.gif

Tonto
10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Tonto only have 3 dollars on pay pal Tonto bidding days are long gone like Tonto's land