PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Michael Finley

spurschick
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
From the San Antonio Express-News...

Spurs forward Michael Finley is now a married man. He and his longtime girlfriend, Rebekah Hosey, married Friday in a ceremony at Horseshoe Bay.

The two have a daughter, Mikah.

samikeyp
:tu

spurs=bling
congrats Mike.

Phenomanul
09-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Now it's legit.... hee hee he....

Congratulations Michael...

mavs>spurs2
09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Good for him. Great guy, very classy and i'm glad to hear the good news. He helped bring Dallas out of the lottery.

ATX Spur
09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Congrats, Findog. Have a great honeymoon.

Dex
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Congrats, Findog. Have a great honeymoon.

Something tells me that with the money Cuban is still paying him, that won't be much of a problem. :lol

lilmads
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Congratz Finley! :)

BruceBowenFan
09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Congrats

loveforthegame
09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Very cool.

Best wishes to them.

caŽlo
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
wow! congrats fin!!! :)

THE SIXTH MAN
09-13-2006, 12:32 AM
My man Finely, congrats to you and yours! :tu :king :princess

T Park
09-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Congrats FIn.

Very beautifull wife and daughter.

Lucky man :)

bdictjames
09-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I hope he doesn't slow down because of that.

Streakyshooter08
09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats to Mike. I hope he will have another ring on his finger by the end of next season... :)

Slomo
09-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Congrats!

Oh and...

:ttiwwp:

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Just goes to show. When he was playing for Dallas he was living in sin, comes to SA and becomes an honest man. Mark Cuban is a morally corrupting being of pure evil. Look what he did to Erik Dampier's work ethic.

101A
09-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I hope he doesn't slow down because of that.

Girlfriend v. Wife?

He'll have more energy.

Louae
09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Girlfriend v. Wife?

He'll have more energy.

please. the real work starts once they have you on the hook.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
please. the real work starts once they have you on the hook.

It's a well known fact the DRob's back problems started up from hanging curtains, Duncan's PF got started from walking around Bed, Bath, and Beyond comparing towel and bathmat combinations, and Sean Elliot's knees got all messed up from taking the trash out.

101A
09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Good lord, gentlemen. I was referencing the lack of sex us married guys get versus when they were girlfriends. Please keep up.

tlongII
09-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Finley sucks ass.

spurs=bling
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Just goes to show. When he was playing for Dallas he was living in sin, comes to SA and becomes an honest man. Mark Cuban is a morally corrupting being of pure evil. Look what he did to Erik Dampier's work ethic.
:rollin

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Living in sin? He was the classiest guy on the team the entire time he was here. That's just who he is.

baseline bum
09-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Congrats, Fin!

angel_luv
09-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Congrats Fin! :)

phyzik
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
My mother, who is also a big spurs fan, asked me if she was white or black.... In "that tone".

Sometimes I feel like punching her...

Does anyone else have parents like that?

For the record Im white..... in San Antonio *gasp*

Please, dont get my mom wrong, she has lots of black friends, she is just against interracial marrage for some reason.

angel_luv
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
It's a well known fact the DRob's back problems started up from hanging curtains, Duncan's PF got started from walking around Bed, Bath, and Beyond comparing towel and bathmat combinations, and Sean Elliot's knees got all messed up from taking the trash out.

Ok that's funny. :lol

spurs=bling
09-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Living in sin? He was the classiest guy on the team the entire time he was here. That's just who he is.
he was just playing......

Dave McNulla
09-15-2006, 10:52 AM
what ever happened to first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage?

sandman
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
what ever happened to first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage?

I think Shawn Kemp is what happened to it...

mavsfan1000
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Good for him. Great guy, very classy and i'm glad to hear the good news. He helped bring Dallas out of the lottery.
Stop sucking up to spurs fans. They will not like you no matter what.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Stop sucking up to spurs fans. They will not like you no matter what.

Nobody is sucking up to spurs fans. I was a big fan of Michael Finley when he was here. Any mav fan from the 90's has to like Michael Finley.

ponky
09-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Nobody is sucking up to spurs fans. I was a big fan of Michael Finley when he was here. Any mav fan from the 90's has to like Michael Finley.

Ditto here, Finley's always going to be a good guy no matter where he ends up.

ponky
09-15-2006, 07:46 PM

when you're rich like that, you can play that combo any which way you want...besides, they lived together in dallas like a married couple so who cares about formalities? as long as they're happy and taking care of their kid, that's all that matters...some married couples can't even do that

mavsfan1000
09-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Ditto here, Finley's always going to be a good guy no matter where he ends up.
Yeah true but now he's on the spurs and I can't root for anyone on that team. He even aggravated me when he jumped on Terry for that jump ball. That was unnecessary.

sandman
09-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah true but now he's on the spurs and I can't root for anyone on that team. He even aggravated me when he jumped on Terry for that jump ball. That was unnecessary.

And I am sure it completely justified Terry massaging Fin's nutsack with his knuckles, right?

ponky
09-16-2006, 12:21 AM

i understand, i would never root for him as long as he's in a spurs uniform just like i doubt spurs fans would root for aj if they liked him before he became the mavs coach...it's all part of the game, but i still like finley and if he had jumped on a ball like that when playing for the mavs i'd probably be cheering...sure it was f*cked up for two guys to jump on terry like that but it was just as messed up for terry to do what he did too, esp. cause people like to blow stuff out of proportion...if finley got his nuts punched i doubt he would've been up off that ground so quickly but hey, if it helped them for terry to sit a game then all the better for the spurs

Dave McNulla
09-16-2006, 01:16 AM
he went after a loose ball? what a jackass! that pretty much erases anything positive he's ever done. :spin

themvp
09-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Congrats Fin

:tu

tmtcsc
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
My mother, who is also a big spurs fan, asked me if she was white or black.... In "that tone".

Sometimes I feel like punching her...

Does anyone else have parents like that?

For the record Im white..... in San Antonio *gasp*

Please, dont get my mom wrong, she has lots of black friends, she is just against interracial marrage for some reason.

I wouldn't get too wound up about that. I'm sure just as many if not more black people asked the same question. I'm convinced that racism and feelings about interracial marriage are completely seperate.

It's a touchy subject but I believe their is a kind of "primal" feeling of protectionism when it comes to people and their race. It also exists in regards to religion and nationality.

Just my 2 cents.

NBA Junkie
09-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Mark Cuban is a morally corrupting being of pure evil. Look what he did to Erik Dampier's work ethic.

Dampier had no work ethic even before he came to Dallas.

ShoogarBear
09-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Dampier had no work ethic even before he came to Dallas.http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejonnormand/master_of_the_obvious.jpg

NBA Junkie
09-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Yo shoogardude, you want another obvious statement?

Your 'Skins are going down tonight!!!

phyzik
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't get too wound up about that. I'm sure just as many if not more black people asked the same question. I'm convinced that racism and feelings about interracial marriage are completely seperate.

It's a touchy subject but I believe their is a kind of "primal" feeling of protectionism when it comes to people and their race. It also exists in regards to religion and nationality.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks, its still annoying though. I personally will probably never marry a black woman but if I met the right one, hey what the hell?

I just believe the human race will never advance as long as we keep up these beliefs of seperatism.

ponky
09-17-2006, 11:31 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Umm, you just described racism when describing that "primal" feeling. You're right about the whole religion/nationality protectionist feelings but all three of these are prejudices that stem from negative feelings.

SenorSpur
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
The only other thing that would have made his offseason and honeymoon complete would been having a 2006 NBA Championship ring bestowed upon him at the regular season opener. That would have been the second greatest ring he would have received this year.

tmtcsc
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Umm, you just described racism when describing that "primal" feeling. You're right about the whole religion/nationality protectionist feelings but all three of these are prejudices that stem from negative feelings.

It sure sounds like it doesn't it ? Well, I'm not sure they all stem from negative feelings. Some of it just stems from wanting to see your own race/religion survive. Of course, here in America we are all becoming muts, but hey that's what makes this country so great.

Indian families will just about disown their kids if they marry outside of their race. Jews are known to be pretty firm on wanting to see their race and religion advance as well. Anyhoo...sorry for this becoming a non-basketball issue in this forum.