PDA

View Full Version : Lidge. Pujols. Guess who won that matchup?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Way to kill the season, Brad.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I feel bad for my friend. He flew to St. Louis to see either the first two or all three games of the series.

Right before Lidge's last pitch, I sent him a text message asking him not to kill himself if Pujols went with a walk-off...

He has since responded, so it's all good.

leemajors
09-12-2006, 10:31 PM
kaboom.

Burn531
09-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Is that ball still going?

T Park
09-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Im still laughing :lmao

The ownage is to the point of absurdity.

I was hoping for Preston Wilson to add more payback to his night, but Pujols owning Lidge AGAIN, was second place in the goodness category.

BTW, thank you once again Houston for Preston Wilson

9 Home runs for Houston

6 for St Louis :)

:lol

Boy that Jason Lane looked fantastic on that double ball, good thing they cut Preston to make way for him more.

MajorMike
09-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah, but we are still bitter from last season, right TP?

Better wrap the jacket on Lidge, now, 'cause he sees Big Al everywhere he looks.

leemajors
09-13-2006, 08:59 AM
hitting spezio was even more retarded than pitching to pujols. lidge has to be a glutton for punishment. wilson was released because luke scott made him expendable, not jason lane. get your facts straight for once.

MajorMike
09-13-2006, 09:19 AM
hitting spezio was even more retarded than pitching to pujols. lidge has to be a glutton for punishment. wilson was released because luke scott made him expendable, not jason lane. get your facts straight for once.

Facts being straight now, lets compare Scott and Wilson:
Wilson - 21 games, 17 hits, 12 RBI, 13 Runs, 6 HR but only .234 ave
Luke - 48 games, 56 hits, 19 RBI, 20 Runs, 5 HR hitting .376

Luke sure can get on base but (using the Detroit fan's Polanco arguement) seems like Wilson makes his hits count much more often than Luke does. Personally I hope Luke gets on base every time. Unfortunately, he is finding out what the Rocket found out - the strobes have no run support.

leemajors
09-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Facts being straight now, lets compare Scott and Wilson:
Wilson - 21 games, 17 hits, 12 RBI, 13 Runs, 6 HR but only .234 ave
Luke - 48 games, 56 hits, 19 RBI, 20 Runs, 5 HR hitting .376

Luke sure can get on base but (using the Detroit fan's Polanco arguement) seems like Wilson makes his hits count much more often than Luke does. Personally I hope Luke gets on base every time. Unfortunately, he is finding out what the Rocket found out - the strobes have no run support.

if they would keep hitting him 5th it would be better - he would have a much better chance at driving berkman in. sure, he could have more RBIs but if you keep getting on base good things will happen. garner keeps putting him 6th a lot of the time, one of the many things garner has done this year that make little to no apparent sense. personally, i would much rather have scott seeing as how wilson specialized in striking out and hitting into dp's while with the astros .

samikeyp
09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't it be easier for Lidge just to walk Pujols and get it over with?

leemajors
09-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Wouldn't it be easier for Lidge just to walk Pujols and get it over with?

probably, but that would have loaded the bases. i guess that's what garner was thinking, but there were two outs already. chris duncan is a better bet than pujols. strictly by numbers, pujols was 1-9 against lidge this year, but that one hit was a game winner. you can't pitch to one of the best hitters in the game in that situation - the card had just walked berkman the inning before.

samikeyp
09-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Oh I know...I just meant in general! :lol

MajorMike
09-13-2006, 12:44 PM
probably, but that would have loaded the bases. i guess that's what garner was thinking, but there were two outs already. chris duncan is a better bet than pujols. strictly by numbers, pujols was 1-9 against lidge this year, but that one hit was a game winner. you can't pitch to one of the best hitters in the game in that situation - the card had just walked berkman the inning before.

Superior coaching makes superior teams.

T Park
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Chris Duncan a fastball hitting lefty, a young Adam Dunn in the making.

I guess Garner wanted to go with the righty righty deal.

wilson was released because luke scott made him expendable, not jason lane. get your facts straight for once.

If that were true, why is Lane still on the team.

You seriously gonna tell me youd rather have Jason Lane and his 220 avg over Preston Wilson's 15 homers and 268 average?

Okiedoke.

leemajors
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
lane didn't clear waivers. they couldn't send him down to round rock again because they had to call him up when palmeiro went on bereavement leave. they were stuck and had to release wilson. he's hitting .262, .224 with the card, but yeah if it had been at all possible i would rather them release lane. it wasn't possible.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-13-2006, 03:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jlink/pujols.gif

T Park
09-14-2006, 02:36 AM
:lol That picture is still hilarious.

The cardinal broadcast last night when Pujols stepped to the plate they replayed the home run and they said

"Boy this never gets old watching this"

:lmao

I could watch that home run forever and it would never get old.

Absolutely classic.