PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Fans: Michael Finley question

trueD
09-13-2006, 01:40 AM
You guys waived Finley last year. I looked at the additions to your ballclub during 2005 season:

Darryl Armstrong
Doug Christie (later waived)
DeSagana Diop
Josh Powell
Rawle Marshall (R)
Erick Strickland
Kaniel Dickins
Samo Udrih (R)

In your view, did the Michael Finley waive work out for your ballclub? I know he played well for S.A., but that's not my point. Just looking for a little education since this is my first time on an opponents board.

Thanks!

East Coast Babe
09-13-2006, 02:02 AM
Not necessarily Mavs fan (except when Heat beat up on my Pistons last year!), but I thought they should let Finley heal up first before they decided to waive him. But we all know they did not do that. Spurs gain, I guess! But Diop seemed to be a great blocker for Mavs! Don't know about other guys. I guess Mavs fans will have to tell you for sure. JMO

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Only move on that list that worked out was Diop.

LEONARD
09-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Having Finley start here last season wasn't what Avery wanted and Finley wouldn't come off the bench, so he had to go...

Marshall and Powell filled in decently during the big injury run...and were used as trade bait...

trueD
09-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Not necessarily Mavs fan (except when Heat beat up on my Pistons last year!), but I thought they should let Finley heal up first before they decided to waive him. But we all know they did not do that. Spurs gain, I guess! But Diop seemed to be a great blocker for Mavs! Don't know about other guys. I guess Mavs fans will have to tell you for sure. JMO"Not necessarily Mavs fan (except when Heat beat up on my Pistons last year!)" :lol

I notice that Finley didn't play more than 72 games the last four years.

Since he was a starter maybe this was an issue?

trueD
09-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Only move on that list that worked out was Diop.Diop was a nice addition, to be sure.

Supergirl
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Only move on that list that worked out was Diop.

Word. Diop wound up being a steal for the Mavs. All the others are IR or DNP fodder and probably won't be around very long.