PDA

View Full Version : Parker's interview

Bruno
09-13-2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.lnb.fr/index.php?pid=50&id_article=8372&cursor_start=0

It's in French and I've done a rough translation of the part about spurs and Parker's finger :

Q: What are your goals for this season in NBA?

A: "My personal goal is the All Star Game that is in Las Vegas. My goal with Spurs is to win again the title. The loss against Dallas has been very difficult to digest. With Dallas, Miami and Detroit, we will fight to win this ring that is so important for us. What motivates me is to win a third ring. After that, I can try to catch up with my idol Michael Jordan who has six of them, I still have time. Spurs were quiet this year on the FA/trade market, it is very different from what we have done last summer. We had to see how it will work."

Q: Will you be ready when the season will start?

R: "I come back Friday to SA and I hope to be at 100% on october 5th to please french people. My finger almost recovered. It is still swelled and a little twisted. It will be fine again with some time, but I think that I will be at 100% for Spurs training camp that start on october 1st. For the moment I only dribble, I don't shoot because I try to not put some weight on my finger."

Bruno
09-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Oops, wrong board.
Please, can a mod move it to the Spurs board.
BTW, are people interested in a thread to follow what mahinmi does in Europe. if yes, I will start a thread to introduce his season in two days after Euroleague draw.