PDA

View Full Version : Parker eyes September comeback

Pistons < Spurs
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I didn't see this posted elsewhere. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

French NBA star Tony Parker has said he could make a comeback to competitive action at the end of the month.

The San Antonio Spurs player missed the recent World Championships in Japan with a broken finger as France crashed out in the quarter-finals.

"My finger is still swollen, a little bent, that will improve over time but I expect to be at 100 per cent when our training camp begins on October 1," said Parker at a children's training day in Paris.

"For the moment I can dribble a little bit, I don't shoot too much and try not to put any weight on it."

Parker is due to play two exhibition games with the Spurs in France against Asvel on October 5 and Maccabi Tel Aviv on October 8.

"I love playing in front of the French public, it's always a special moment," added Parker. "These are friendly matches but we cannot take them lightly and lose to a European team."

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=141990

blackbucket
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I didn't see this posted elsewhere. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

French NBA star Tony Parker has said he could make a comeback to competitive action at the end of the month.

The San Antonio Spurs player missed the recent World Championships in Japan with a broken finger as France crashed out in the quarter-finals.

"My finger is still swollen, a little bent, that will improve over time but I expect to be at 100 per cent when our training camp begins on October 1," said Parker at a children's training day in Paris.

"For the moment I can dribble a little bit, I don't shoot too much and try not to put any weight on it."

Parker is due to play two exhibition games with the Spurs in France against Asvel on October 5 and Maccabi Tel Aviv on October 8.

"I love playing in front of the French public, it's always a special moment," added Parker. "These are friendly matches but we cannot take them lightly and lose to a European team."

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=141990

Tony's American side! Kick some ass TP!