PDA

View Full Version : Rock Star: WTF

Spurminator
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
How do you not pick Toby? More importantly, how the fuck do you pick that total spare Lukas? Dude can't sing. The growl is goofy and weak.

What the hell do I care anyway? The band is all spares.

scott
09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Toby, Lukas, Magni, Dilana was my ranking... they'll "break up" in less than a year anyway.

SequSpur
09-13-2006, 11:22 PM
lukas rossi looks like a downs syndrome oompa loompa

Spurminator
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah when was the last time a Tommy Lee band had more than one album?

midgetonadonkey
09-14-2006, 12:20 AM
My question is...how can one be so gay that they want to watch Rock Star Supernova?

SequSpur
09-14-2006, 12:20 AM
yeah.. whotf is gilby clarke?

ChumpDumper
09-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Awful. Dilana was the most unique talent if these guys were trying to really make a mark, but her double meltdown probably scared them off. I think like INXS they were desperate for a halfway decent single (Remember how horrible Supernova's own songs were? Do you remember them at all?) and followed the demographics of the folks who were silly enough to vote in this thing (i.e., teen/preteen girls). I imagine the Canadian midget's cute factor was a little less threatening than Toby's "call me in 10 years" manliness. Lukas also wore the most makeup, so there might be a whole Revlon for Men angle being worked.

TDMVPDPOY
09-14-2006, 03:21 AM
wtf watches this crap?

ChumpDumper
09-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Off

Season.

I guess I could've watched Tucker Carlson dancing.

Sonia_TX
09-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I haven't seen this weeks episodes (we usually watch them on the weekend) but it makes me sad that Toby wasn't chosen. I loved his original song. I actually liked the final 4 (well 5...I liked Storm too)... I really thought Toby or Dilana would get the gig, not Lukas. ah well, I wasn't as big a fan of this season like I was last season. JD was my favorite from the beginning.

tlongII
09-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Storm Large

Spurminator
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Lukas reminds me of the Tazmanian Devil.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
The legality of Supernova's use of that name has been called into question by another band of the same name, a pop punk trio from California that was founded in 1989. On June 26, 2006, the latter band filed a federal lawsuit against Mark Burnett Productions, Rockstar Entertainment, CBS Broadcasting, Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clarke. The California band is seeking both compensatory and punitive damages, as well as trademark protection of the "Supernova" name, the destruction of all Rock Star materials bearing the name "Supernova", and clarifying statements made on the show. One of their primary pieces of evidence is a message from Walker on the social networking website MySpace, in which he notes that the defendants had been informed of the existence of a prior band of the same name, but decided to proceed regardless.

I believe that the original Supernova's only claim to fame is that they were the ones who recorded the song "Chewbacca" for the original "Clerks" soundtrack.

tlongII
09-14-2006, 10:15 AM
What's funny about this show is that the band that backs the various singers is much better than Supernova could ever dream to be.

studio musicians >>>>> rock stars

Medvedenko
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey I thought Lukas should win from the beginning. He's the only "rockstar" out of the whole group with a unique voice. Dilana was a head case and can't handle stress. Toby is a dime a dozen fun rock singer, and Magni is too safe.