PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Best Buy guy!

CrazyOne
09-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Sorry, I'm too busy (and/or lazy) to look back to see who's the Best Buy employee here, but I could use some help.

Just before I moved to the new house, I bought a Vtech cordless phone system (mi6870) that came with the base unit w/ answering machine and one remote handset. The box says that you can add two more handsets, which I need to do because I didn't have enough outlets put in the house. I didn't find the extra handsets then, but I figured I would get them once I moved.

So here it is a month or so later, and I check out several Best Buys, but can't find the extra handsets (model mi6803). I finally ask someone at the store, and they tell me that they don't stock them, I have to buy them from Vtech online. Well, that stinks, but I go online and find that Vtech doesn't even list that model online. I call their customer support, and they say they don't have any, why don't I call back in a couple weeks and see what happens? I even try Ebay, and all I can find is a note from other people looking for the same thing.

Now, my question for you is this... I know they have sets that come with 3 extra handsets, but will they take my old set back without the box? I know I wouldn't be able to find the receipt even if I did keep it around. I feel pretty pissed off about this, because there are dozens of boxes of the set that I bought at each store, and each one claiming that it's expandable... but how can the darn thing be expandable if they don't make the handsets that go with the system? :soapbox: :cuss

Any advice on how I should handle this? Thanks.

katyon6th
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
If I remember correctly, user is the best buy guy around here, but he doesn't post anymore, he just lurks.

Kori Ellis
09-14-2006, 03:38 PM
User doesn't work for Best Buy :lmao

SpursWoman
09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
...that's just his second home. :fro :lol

And we have those exact phones. :wow

katyon6th
09-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Man, I was sure User worked at Best Buy.

:lol

SpursWoman
09-14-2006, 03:54 PM
He's a drafting/designing/engineering kind of guy and a part-time computer geek. :makeout :lol

katyon6th
09-14-2006, 03:54 PM
That's fitting.

Seriously.

Nbadan
09-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Sheettt...I thought he worked at the Megaplex.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Sheettt...I thought he worked at the Megaplex.

No, no...that's a frequent customer. :lol

T Park
09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Not only the president but also a client though maybe johnny?

ShoogarBear
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
I think misty works at Best Buy.

SpursWoman
09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
What in the hell would he need the Megaplex for? I already have pretty much all of their inventory at my house. :wow :lol

Phenomanul
09-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a question of my own... I bought a 60 GB video iPod exactly 31 days ago, service plan and everything.... I'd initially bought it cause I thought I was going to be giving away my current one to my Father for his birthday already preloaded with all his favorite music -- but he recently told he didn't want any other electronic device to have to deal with (cell phone already driving him crazy).

Anyhow so I haven't opened up the new one yet... and I just found out they will be releasing the 80 GB version in a couple of days... Will Best Buy take the unopened product back even thought the 30 days have already passed by?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a question of my own... I bought a 60 GB video iPod exactly 31 days ago, service plan and everything.... I'd initially bought it cause I thought I was going to be giving away my current one to my Father for his birthday already preloaded with all his favorite music -- but he recently told he didn't want any other electronic device to have to deal with (cell phone already driving him crazy).

Anyhow so I haven't opened up the new one yet... and I just found out they will be releasing the 80 GB version in a couple of days... Will Best Buy take the unopened product back even thought the 30 days have already passed by?

Probably not...I remember my CSR2's being real sticklers about that.

What you might want to do is take it to the Apple Store. I think I remember hearing that they'll take a sealed one and just give it to you in credit, thought YMMV.

PM5K
09-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Ha Ha, as much as I try and I've only got about 21GB on my 60GB...

Nbadan
09-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Classic example of why you should buy your local electronics at Costco, especially plasma tv's.

missmyzte
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
CrazyOne - are you in San Antonio? Just looking for what market you are in. Second question, how did you pay for it? If it's by check or credit card, your local Best Buy store can look up your receipt by using your driver's license/credit card.
As for the item probably being past the return/exchange policy and that you no longer have the box, that's manger's discretion, I can't make any promises on behalf of that store. If you do go to a store to exchange the item and are told you can't, ask to speak with a manager (and make sure it's a salaried manager you speak to).

Phenomanul - Again, I can't make promises on behalf of a store, but I would personally be surprised if they didn't allow the exchange (making the assumption that you have the receipt, or it can be looked up at the store, and that the product is un-opened).

Nbadan - Good luck trying to get a plasma installed or serviced buying it Costco.

mcornelio
09-14-2006, 08:37 PM
i used to work at best buy.... last year that job was awsome, they just payed shit,

Phenomanul
09-14-2006, 11:25 PM
CrazyOne - are you in San Antonio? Just looking for what market you are in. Second question, how did you pay for it? If it's by check or credit card, your local Best Buy store can look up your receipt by using your driver's license/credit card.
As for the item probably being past the return/exchange policy and that you no longer have the box, that's manger's discretion, I can't make any promises on behalf of that store. If you do go to a store to exchange the item and are told you can't, ask to speak with a manager (and make sure it's a salaried manager you speak to).

Phenomanul - Again, I can't make promises on behalf of a store, but I would personally be surprised if they didn't allow the exchange (making the assumption that you have the receipt, or it can be looked up at the store, and that the product is un-opened).

Nbadan - Good luck trying to get a plasma installed or serviced buying it Costco.

Thanks missmyzte.... It's never been opened, still in the bag with the receipt and service plan inside. Eitherway I would be fine with paying the difference between that one and the 80 GB model. My current 60 GB one is already full and needs more space.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Why would you get your plasma serviced when you can return it for a new one?

AlamoSpursFan
09-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Little ASF calls Best Buy "Daddy's Toy Store".

:lol

And I once asked for help at the MegaPlex and they referred me to SW.

:lmao

leemajors
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
ebay or amazon for the extra handsets, probably better prices too. if there is a fry's in your area head there too, they always have way better selection and prices than best buy on anything.

missmyzte
09-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Why would you get your plasma serviced when you can return it for a new one?

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-08-30T174343Z_01_N30329188_RTRIDST_0_RETAIL-COSTCO-ELECTRONICS.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

Costco has struggled with a high number of returns on sophisticated electronics such as big-screen plasma televisions because customers had trouble setting them up and getting the picture working properly.

"As you might expect, the last thing we want to do is just change our return policy without trying everything else first, and that may be a little painful short-term, but that's where we're going to go," Galanti said.

Useruser666
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
First, I don't work at Best Buy and never have! LOL

Second, just take the phone to the store and complain. Bitch and moan and you will most likely get a new phone or a refund or a trade in for whatever new vtech model they have in stock. It is easy to get them to cave on getting your money back or a trade. It doesn't even matter if you have a reciept or not. Bitch, act dumb, and tell them you bought it like 2 weeks ago. It never fails!

Useruser666
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Try taking it back and saying it was a gift but the person who was going to get it already had one. They should at least give you a store credit. If that doesn't work try another store and return it without the reciept. They may have to issue you a check by mail and it may be at an amount lower than what you paid for it. Either way you should be able to get something if not the full amount back.

Slomo
09-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Two Things:

1. User you're still alive!?!?!?!?!?

2. Your advice to Crazy is to go to the store and lie? Do you know what is CrazyOne's profession?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
First, I don't work at Best Buy and never have! LOL

Second, just take the phone to the store and complain. Bitch and moan and you will most likely get a new phone or a refund or a trade in for whatever new vtech model they have in stock. It is easy to get them to cave on getting your money back or a trade. It doesn't even matter if you have a reciept or not. Bitch, act dumb, and tell them you bought it like 2 weeks ago. It never fails!

If you need help taking it back, use this as a guide.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34652&highlight=Arrested+Security

SpursWoman
09-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Two Things:

1. User you're still alive!?!?!?!?!?

2. Your advice to Crazy is to go to the store and lie? Do you know what is CrazyOne's profession?

:lmao :lmao @ 1. & 2.

SpursWoman
09-15-2006, 05:35 PM
And n/m ... we have Panasonics not vTechs ... :oops :lol

Duff McCartney
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-08-30T174343Z_01_N30329188_RTRIDST_0_RETAIL-COSTCO-ELECTRONICS.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

I still can't fathom why people buy shit they have absolutely no clue about working or setting up.

I can't even count how many times people bring shit in cause it "doesn't work" and they just have no clue how to use it.

Almost as bad as people who buy shit and bring it back months after the return policy and expect us to exchange it. Then get mad when we tell them that the problem is with the manufacturer not us.

missmyzte
09-15-2006, 08:44 PM
I still can't fathom why people buy shit they have absolutely no clue about working or setting up.
I don't know how my car works but I own one, that's why I have a mechanic. Home Theatre is no less complicated.

I can't even count how many times people bring shit in cause it "doesn't work" and they just have no clue how to use it.

Almost as bad as people who buy shit and bring it back months after the return policy and expect us to exchange it. Then get mad when we tell them that the problem is with the manufacturer not us.
It's called customer service.

Phenomanul
09-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Update....

It turns out Best Buy accepted the return... everything looked like it had been bought the day before; even the pristine condition of the bag and the receipt left no doubt that my story was true.

I was given store credit on a yellow card which I will use to upgrade to the 80GB iPod next week when they come out (and if I'm not mistaken I was told that Best Buy's exclusive 'street date' was tommorow -- meaning that for one day and one day only this 80GB model will be on sale a week before it's official release). Fortunately, I believe the 80GB will end up costing me less than what I originally paid to get the 60GB model. In fact, I was unaware that they would be selling them at a lower price.

missmyzte
09-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Glad to hear it Phenomanul

leemajors
09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Update....

It turns out Best Buy accepted the return... everything looked like it had been bought the day before; even the pristine condition of the bag and the receipt left no doubt that my story was true.

I was given store credit on a yellow card which I will use to upgrade to the 80GB iPod next week when they come out (and if I'm not mistaken I was told that Best Buy's exclusive 'street date' was tommorow -- meaning that for one day and one day only this 80GB model will be on sale a week before it's official release). Fortunately, I believe the 80GB will end up costing me less than what I originally paid to get the 60GB model. In fact, I was unaware that they would be selling them at a lower price.

they dropped prices on everything. you can get a refurb 2GB Nano for $99