PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. John Bolton as U.N. Ambassador

Ocotillo
09-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Lincoln Chafee saves the day. (http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001648.php)

The hard right is going to expect Chafee to capitulate to Bush because of the help the RNC gave him in his recent primary. Thing is, if Chafee gives in to the Bushies the good people of Rhode Island will send him home in November. If he stands on his principle, his race is a toss up....

If a Democrat wins in '08 he/she should appoint Link Chafee Ambassador to the U.N. :lol

Zunni
09-14-2006, 06:37 PM
I've gained a lot of respect for Chaffee. I think he realized that what the RNC did was not out of love for him or his views, and based on the fear of losing the seat to the Dems, and that he owes them nothing. I also wonder how the Hard Right is taking Bushco's backing of this Rockefeller Republican, who turns around and kicks them in the teeth, over his arch-conservative competitor who is both Pro-Life and Pro-Iraq.

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2006, 07:03 AM
I've gained a lot of respect for Chaffee. I think he realized that what the RNC did was not out of love for him or his views, and based on the fear of losing the seat to the Dems, and that he owes them nothing. I also wonder how the Hard Right is taking Bushco's backing of this Rockefeller Republican, who turns around and kicks them in the teeth, over his arch-conservative competitor who is both Pro-Life and Pro-Iraq.

OH the hypcrisy of our GOP brothers..Not so long ago all we heard was the Connecticut primary was for the 'heart and soul' of the democrat party.. the moderates in the democratic party are no longer wanted.. if you aren't hard left you aren't wanted anymore.... fast forward to Rhode Island... the GOP sold out for a guy who didn't even vote for Bush in 04... oh wait the GOP stands on it'e conservative principles.. :lol

Ocotillo
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Arianna is now posting the Bush administration is considering appointing Bolton to a lower level position within the U.N. that does not require Senate approval and then naming Bolton "acting U.N. Ambassador"

Despite the fact that this would technically work, Bush needs to drop the petulant child act and accept that he does not get his way on everything. Bolton would be worse than a lame duck in that position at the U.N.

Didn't 41 ever tell this pampered, spoiled child no?

Nbadan
09-15-2006, 02:54 PM
There's always another recess appointment, isn't there? Dubya has till January.

temujin
09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
[B]Arianna is now posting the Bush administration is considering appointing Bolton to a lower level position within the U.N.

Door man?

whottt
09-15-2006, 09:23 PM
If a Democrat wins in '08 :lol

Wake me when you guys stop hating America and thinking we are the cause of all the World's problems...

Since that is the image of the modern Democratic Party that is what will have to change before you guys again are given the keys to the country...

The Republicans could run the anti-christ out there as their candidate and still beat any of the anti-Americans that want America to be the bootlicker of the UN, that think if America is no longer the most powerful nation in the world all of a sudden everyone will like us, that think Islamic fundamentalists just need a little love and understand and actually to have a valid(just different) point and that sit around worrying about whether or not France and Germany like us.....

You guys have zero chance of regaining the Whitehouse as long as you are the party of Nbadan...

I said it in 04 and I will say it again...

It's not that Bush is a great President...nay, in fact he's one of the most unlikeable Presidents ever...he's just better than any of the Anti-Americans the Democrats are so fond of these days...

It took a huge fuck up to lose the 04 election...but anyone with a brain could see it coming a mile off...and it's going to happen again.

Get rid of Nancy Pelosi...get rid of Dean...get rid of John Commie Kerry...

Disassociate from those individuals then the idea of you guys regaining the country will cease to be a joke...

As long as you guys keep running out candidates who major platform involves telling us how bad we are, you will lose.

Nbadan
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Yes, one only need to look as far as the clusterfuck that was once IRAQ to lay witness to the 'success' record of the current administration. Of course, by WHOTT standard, that is success, at least were killing Muslims.

Kerry was a weak candidate in 04, but he was hardly the Howard Dean or Nancy Pelosi wing of the party pick, he was the Dick Gebhardt and Joe Liebermann pick and those pricks are gone or will be. I said in 04 and I say now, General Wesley Clark would have been the right man for the job and still is.

BIG IRISH
09-16-2006, 12:52 AM
General Wesley Clark would have been the right man for the job and still is.
My deepest apology Dan, but if you think General Wesley Clark is the right
man for the job than you are worse than Whott.

The are good Generals and Bad Generals, just like good guys and bad
Guys and IMO GC is nothing more than Gen Custer and, Lt Kelly,combined.

I'm sure you are aware of Custer Mr NBADAN M. and if your not aware of Lt Kelly from Mai li here is a site, needs translatinghttp://www.neuro.lt/Neuro_2003_Nr01_031-036.pdf#search=%22mai%20lia%20and%20Lt%20Kelly%22

When we get closer to the election Dan I'll discuss Gen Clarke more, my biggest complaint concerns his Actions/Lack of Balls in Waco.

Nbadan
09-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Yes, I look forward to separating fact from fiction for you concerning Gen. Clark.. I make no secret of my identity, I am the one and only Nbadan on every site known to myself.

BIG IRISH
09-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Yes, I look forward to separating fact from fiction for you concerning Gen. Clark.. I make no secret of my identity, I am the one and only Nbadan on every site known to myself.

Just a few additional comments
1. When you start separating fact from fiction, concerning Gen Clark, I will
listen, however, unless you have served under him, or your, father/son,
served under him there is no way in hell you will be able to change my mind about him. It doesn't have a lot to do with his views, but more of his methods, I would think he would be to smart to run for President.

I would rather have WHOTT as President. :lol

2. The reason I post, only on this site, as BI, is I enjoyed messing with Manny and knew he would never reply to any post or comment that I made unless it was as a troll.

When I started as a troll, I posted, by accident, in the political forum and got some replies from a lot of the posters here that posted on the old WOAI, Original Spurs Central, Dominion,and Romper Room boards and the majority (IMO) with the encouragement of Wetstone/Duell & others, classified me as a right-wing nut.

They were/are wrong. I consider myself a Born-again- Demoract/Reformed Conserative. :lol (Not enough time to explain) I'd bore you to death.

Got that out of the Way and my final comment is I have enjoyed your Basketball takes at all the Boards and finding out over the years that I
agree with you about 90% more or less, on your basketball takes.

On getting back on tract for Bolton- He could only be loved by God, his Mother and Father. IMO Anyone with more than three live brain cells
would realize Bolton is in over his toes.

Nbadan
09-16-2006, 02:45 AM
When I started as a troll, I posted, by accident, in the political forum and got some replies from a lot of the posters here that posted on the old WOAI, Original Spurs Central, Dominion,and Romper Room boards and the majority (IMO) with the encouragement of Wetstone/Duell & others, classified me as a right-wing nut.

Well its good to have a Spurs Centraler and a former Dominioner on the boards. I cherish my memories, friends and time spent on both those forums and if you really want to get to Manny, just prove him wrong, he leaves plenty of doors open for that.

Zunni
09-16-2006, 09:17 AM
There's always another recess appointment, isn't there? Dubya has till January.
Actually, I don't believe they can do that again. There is some provision where they outright can't do it, or he can't draw a salary or something. That's why the administration is trying this end run.

Nbadan
09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
September 20, 2006

WASHINGTON: John Bolton - US President George W. Bush's controversial ambassador to the UN - is in increasing danger of losing his job next January after renewed opposition to his appointment in the US Senate.

Mr Bush's nomination of Mr Bolton to the UN met such opposition on Capitol Hill last year that he was forced to install the outspoken conservative in the post by means of a recess appointment, when Congress was not in session.

That appointment in August 2005 limited Mr Bolton's tenure to the duration of the current Congress, which concludes on January 3, 2007, unless the Senate formally confirms him before then.

The White House had hoped to get Mr Bolton confirmed this month, but Senate approval is looking increasingly unlikely.

The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20443402-2703,00.html)

Ocotillo
09-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Wake me when you guys stop hating America and thinking we are the cause of all the World's problems...

Drinking the Rovian kool aid are we? Find me an elected Democrat that hates America and thinks we cause all the world's problems. And don't bring in something from someone being critical of Bush......

Yonivore
09-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Drinking the Rovian kool aid are we? Find me an elected Democrat that hates America and thinks we cause all the world's problems. And don't bring in something from someone being critical of Bush......
Dick Durbin. That idiot that just got voted out of office in Georgia, I already forget her name.

There's two.

Ocotillo
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
If Dick Durbin hates America than George W. Bush hates the bill of rights.

Yonivore
09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
If Dick Durbin hates America than George W. Bush hates the bill of rights.
I may have confused im with someone else. But, I'm dead on abot that Islamo-loving bitch from Georgia.

Ocotillo
09-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I may have confused im with someone else. But, I'm dead on abot that Islamo-loving bitch from Georgia.

Cynthia McKinney......

Voted out by Democrats in the Georgia primary. To be honest, I am not familiar enough with her stand on terrorism but I believe her undoing was the incident whereby she hit a cop with a cell phone.

I believe she is rabid anti-Bush but would be suprised if she truly hates America and in any event, she was sent packing by Democrats in her primary race.