PDA

View Full Version : Marbury Wants KG As Teammate In New York, But Wouldn't Mind In Minnesota

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Marbury Wants To See Garnett In New York
14th September, 2006 - 12:12 pm
Pioneer Press - Stephon Marbury said Wednesday he would embrace playing for the Timberwolves if he were traded to Minnesota, but hopes he is a New York Knick for life.

"I would love to play with Kevin," Marbury said. "We would love for him to come to New York. If he wants to play with me in New York, that would be great. That's the only way it's going to happen, because I'm in New York.

"Kevin has had more success than I've had," he said. "I really can't put myself in his situation. My situation has been a lot more grueling. I've had to defend myself with the media as a person and as a basketball player."

E20
09-14-2006, 08:57 PM
And I wanna be in the NBA, doesn't mean that it's gonna happen. :lol

T-Pain
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
didnt it not work out the first time? or was it just an executive decision to trade away marbury? i forgot what happened, it was long ago...

NBA Junkie
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
didnt it not work out the first time? or was it just an executive decision to trade away marbury? i forgot what happened, it was long ago...

He claimed he wanted out since the Minnesota weather was cold, when in actuality he wasn't keen on the idea of playing second fiddle to Kevin Garnett. The new collective bargaining agreement in 1999 sealed the deal when new salary structures ensured that he could not make Garnett like money. The Wolves were forced to trade him in March of 1999 as he stated that he wouldn't re-up with the Wolves when his original three year deal had expired.

I've gone on here several times, ad nauseum, stating that Garnett and Marbury could have been a great duo had they continued playing together through the years. I'm not in favor of bringing him back now since I don't think he could improve the Wolves in terms of won-loss percentage and making them viable contenders in the West. I think too many bridges were burned for a return to Minnesota to be successful.

Bob Lanier
09-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Garbury? Marnett?

Kephon?

Two star-crossed losers, one self-promoting loudmouth, zero interest from either GM.

ATX Spur
09-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, Starbury. Don't forget that KG is convinced that Stephon leaving the team is the reason that he doesn't have multiple rings right now.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 12:45 AM
these 2 fags should just stfu and play