PDA

View Full Version : Oh, this is just great.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
It's nice to know that the K-12 education system (I hesitate to call it an industry since that would seem to imply the presence of some real competition) in this country has been annexed as a part of the Democrat party.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=6&u=/ap/20041027/ap_on_re_us/students_vote_campaign

GOP Criticizes Student Vote Campaign

1 hour, 41 minutes ago

MILWAUKEE - Republicans are criticizing a Wisconsin get-out-the-vote campaign involving public school students, saying Democrats are exploiting the students for political gain.

Young people in the program organized by the Wisconsin Citizen Action Fund take time from regular classes to go door to door in minority neighborhoods and areas with historically low voter turnout, urging people to cast ballots.

The students, ranging in age from 11 to 18, also use phone banks to call homes and urge people to vote.

Chris Lato, spokesman for the state Republican Party, called the program "a disgraceful use of taxpayer money."

"To spend this time on a clearly partisan effort when these kids should be in school learning is shocking," Lato said.

Larry Marx, co-executive director of Wisconsin Citizen Action, denied there is any partisanship to the effort, despite the fact the advocacy group supports Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites).

The children do not wear any partisan buttons or clothing, and they do not encourage people to vote one way or another. Participation is voluntary, and parents are required to give their approval, he said.

Roseann St. Aubin, spokeswoman for Milwaukee Public Schools, said the administration approved of the program as long as it was not partisan and the curriculum met state standards for teaching.

Extra campaign workers for the Left with taxpayers paying for what, exactly?

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 10:16 AM
What if they contact republican voters?
And some say the Dems are whiners?
Damn I wish this election was over...so WE CAN MOVE ON!!!!!!!

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Re-read the fucking article. I guess you would be happy if the military gave personnel time off to do campaign work for a pro-Bush group.

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Well, excuse me. Sorry for having an opinion.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 10:25 AM
If you can't stand the heat...

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Get out of the kitchen....I'm not the one over reacting..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/dreamer313100/hippie.jpg

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Apparently you equate "over reacting" to disagreeing with the activity described in that article, twit.

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 10:50 AM
I prefer twat. Thank ya, thank ya very much.

Clandestino
10-27-2004, 11:20 AM
this is fuckin stupid...we pay for schools to have kids learning..not to be fucking out and about registering people to vote.. if people won't register to vote by themselves then they probably won't get off their ass to vote anyway...

NameDropper
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
From what I've heard in the teacher's lounge, it helps students learn about our political process.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Where are the outraged parents in this one? If someone can bitch about the Pledge of Allegiance, this should be raising all kinds of objections.

Shelly
10-27-2004, 12:58 PM
From what I've heard in the teacher's lounge, it helps students learn about our political process.

Nah...the teachers are too worried about the kids passing the TAKS.

Don't they know kids should be out selling overpriced Kay Pierce items and cookie dough instead? Sheesh!