PDA

View Full Version : Wii Price announce US$250

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Gadgets Japanese Nintendo Wii Pricing, Launch Info Announced
Kristopher Kubicki (Blog) - September 13, 2006 11:07 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4169

It's here: the Nintendo Wii is a mere 10 weeks away... in Japan

As expected, Nintendo today lifted the embargo on the official pricing and launch date for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo President Saturo Iwata held a press event yesterday in Japan to reveal the final details of the Nintendo Wii that hadn't been announced during the E3 expo. In Japan the console will sell for 25,000 Yen ($212 USD) and will be available on December 2, 2006.

Virtual Console games, titles that are downloaded rather than purchased on disc, will cost under $10 as originally stated by Iwata in a June 2006 press conference. Iwata specifically claimed during the conference that Virtual Console games the for the Nintendo 64 will be priced at approximately 1000 Yen ($8.50 USD) while Nintendo and Super Nintendo games will be less than 800 Yen ($6.80 USD). As many as 60 of these "classic" Virtual Console titles will be available at launch. Like the Microsoft XBOX Live marketplace, "credits" can be purchased for use towards new VC games.

However, users aren't just going to buy the Nintendo Wii to just play Virtual Console games. Pricing for games in the US will be between $40 and $57 per new title. Iwata promises that at least 25 Wii titles will be available by the end of the year, including new Mario and Zelda series games that were very thoroughly showcased during the E3 convention. A "Wii Sport" package will be bundled together (but not included with the console), including a Tennis game to demonstrate the Wii nunchaku controller.

In addition to the launch info, Iwata also announced some new details about the functionality of Wii. Specifically, the company plans to use Wii Connect24 to not just browse the internet, but also to bring some TV functionality to its users.

Nintendo has made several announcements earlier this year on the joint development that company has done with the Opera community, including the browser in the DS library and publically announcing that the Wii would use Opera for web functionality.

Nintendo Japan has released the official price and launch announcement on its website, and is available here (English). One remote (controller + nunchaku) are included with the base console, and additional remotes can be purchased for approximately $40 USD.

The equivalent $212 price tag for the US is essentially in line with what analysts and Nintendo representatives have been saying since May of this year. MCV Magazine reported just a few days ago that the Wii would launch for the equivalent of $280 in the EU on November 24, 2006, but did not mention a US launch date or price. A conference in New York City tomorrow will reveal the final US launch date and pricing.

Sony has announced that the Playstation 3 will launch in the US on November 17, 2006. The Microsoft camp is also expected to announce a new gizmo this holiday season -- the XBOX 360 external HD DVD player. Two versions of the Playstation 3 will launch in Japan on November 11, 2006 for the equivalent of $499 and $599.

During the E3 conference in Los Angeles, Nintendo America president Reggie Fils-Aime claimed that the system would sell more than four million Wii consoles by year's end. Sony recently released an announcement claiming that only 500,000 Playstation 3 consoles would ship worldwide at launch.
More details in Japanese are available at Wii.com, but the embargo for the US and European details does not lift until 9AM EST on September 14, 2006.

dAMN It only downside is it only has one controller when you buy it, why dont they fukn throw in another controller

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2485_wii_jp_announcement_small.png
http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2486_wii_weather.png
I like the tv screen, didnt know nintendo was makin screens, looks like a apple screen.

dougp
09-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Gadgets Japanese Nintendo Wii Pricing, Launch Info Announced
Kristopher Kubicki (Blog) - September 13, 2006 11:07 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4169

dAMN It only downside is it only has one controller when you buy it, why dont they fukn throw in another controller

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2485_wii_jp_announcement_small.png
http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2486_wii_weather.png
I like the tv screen, didnt know nintendo was makin screens, looks like a apple screen.
While that is annoying, I'm still getting it ... this shit looks fuckin bad ass. I'll argue this with anyone, but it will be the #1 console this time because of the controller!

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 06:20 AM
While that is annoying, I'm still getting it ... this shit looks fuckin bad ass. I'll argue this with anyone, but it will be the #1 console this time because of the controller!

:lmao

What? The PS3 will kill that with no problem. The $600 beast is coming. :fro

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 07:16 AM
The only good side about thsi machine is that first shooter games will be on another level due to the nunchukka controls. thats about it.

im not worried about graphics, just the gameplay thats all. Ive seen the reviews of the 20-25 titles that is released when the wii is out, its not astonishing in graphics like the 360 or ps3, but gameplay looks cool. You gotto remember that target market for the wii is not for hardcore gamers.

dougp
09-15-2006, 07:22 AM

What? The PS3 will kill that with no problem. The $600 beast is coming. :fro
You're on crack if you think a $600 overpriced blueray player is going to beat the $250 innovative console.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
250 priced game console > 600 priced game console for me. Man, I just want something I can play for an hour or 2 a week. I'm not looking to bond with a video game machine anymore.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Man, that controller is weird though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 08:02 AM
What? The PS3 will kill that with no problem. The $600 beast is coming.

So not only are you a dumbass clueless Mavs fan, you're also a dumbass clueless Sony fanboy. Typical Dallas dumbfuck...

Bring on the vaporware! HD-DVD is smoking Blurr-ray, and the 360 is rolling. The PS3 will be like every other Sony product rolled out in the last 6 years - overhyped, underperforming, and overpriced piece of shit.

People will be able to buy a premium 360, a Wii, and two games for each for the price of the premium PS3 and one PS3 game. Anyone jocking the PS3 is a dumbass.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
600 bucks for a boosted graphics system while gameplay will be the same on the wii with less graphics as compared to the 2 other consoles.

the games on the other 2 consoles will be available on the wii, but franchise games of wii will not be available on the other 2 :D:D zelda, metroid, mario bros....and ive seen games on the xbox and ps2 very similar to the nintendo games, but with different characters......

only downside is playback libary games for 6-7 bucks, fuck that, emulators :D

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 08:09 AM
So not only are you a dumbass clueless Mavs fan, you're also a dumbass clueless Sony fanboy. Typical Dallas dumbfuck...

Bring on the vaporware! HD-DVD is smoking Blurr-ray, and the 360 is rolling. The PS3 will be like every other Sony product rolled out in the last 6 years - overhyped, underperforming, and overpriced piece of shit.

People will be able to buy a premium 360, a Wii, and two games for each for the price of the premium PS3 and one PS3 game. Anyone jocking the PS3 is a dumbass.

the only reason ps2 and aka ps3 are successful due to these homers, and without the franchise games from SQUAREENIX, the makers of Final Fantasy games, sony playstation will not be enjoyin the success today.

Squareenix use to make FF series for the nintendo consoles, but they didnt for the gamecube etc....if they planned on makin a comeback to nintendo, the wii > ps3.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
and you can create avatars and store it on the controller and bring it to ur friends place and play and it will load up ur shit on the controller, fuckn awesome shit. looks like wii :D:D:D:D:D

dougp
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
The controller entirely makes this system - it's crazy, you should watch people play some of the games, it's something you really get into.

Das Texan
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
i cant wait for this system.

been a fan of nintendo for a long time. definitely looking forward to getting some of those old titles and playing them again.

dougp
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
i cant wait for this system.

been a fan of nintendo for a long time. definitely looking forward to getting some of those old titles and playing them again.
Supposedly it will interact with the DS Lite ... which I have, so it makes me even more curious.

But Zelda, MP3, Mario, Excite Truck (seriously, who didn't like Excite Bike?!) ... list could go on!

leemajors
09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Supposedly it will interact with the DS Lite ... which I have, so it makes me even more curious.

But Zelda, MP3, Mario, Excite Truck (seriously, who didn't like Excite Bike?!) ... list could go on!

just the DS lite? i have an original DS, hope it works with that...

Mixability
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
nice price, I'll be getting both the ps3 and wii :fro

dougp
09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
just the DS lite? i have an original DS, hope it works with that...
Personally, I just heard about the Lite, not sure about the original.

CharlieMac
09-15-2006, 10:32 AM
WeeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeee!!!!

Whatever Mario game that comes out is going be great.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Damn, I just want a 360.

Mixability
09-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Damn, I just want a 360.

:tu

It's funny, I have a 360, and all I've been playing on it as of late is old-school galaga. :fro

leemajors
09-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Personally, I just heard about the Lite, not sure about the original.

same hardware, new design. should work for both.

dougp
09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
same hardware, new design. should work for both.
Eh, we'll see :) Lite > original though!

baseline bum
09-15-2006, 12:22 PM
You're crazy if you think a 360 is capable of doing what a PS3 can. I could give a shit about blu-ray, but the cell processor and the way faster RAM will ensure the PS3 is going to kill the 360 soon. There won't be a lot of difference between the two on launch titles, so it doesn't make sense to buy a PS3 right away. However, the PS3 is a far more powerful system, and it won't be long before it's leaving the 360 in the dust the same way XBox made the PS2 look like garbage.

I love the 360 too. It's an amazing console, and on an HDTV it's beautiful.... but I don't see how it'll do what the PS3 will.

dougp
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
You're crazy if you think a 360 is capable of doing what a PS3 can. I could give a shit about blu-ray, but the cell processor and the way faster RAM will ensure the PS3 is going to kill the 360 soon. There won't be a lot of difference between the two on launch titles, so it doesn't make sense to buy a PS3 right away. However, the PS3 is a far more powerful system, and it won't be long before it's leaving the 360 in the dust the same way XBox made the PS2 look like garbage.

I love the 360 too. It's an amazing console, and on an HDTV it's beautiful.... but I don't see how it'll do what the PS3 will.
I'd have to say that due to the way games are done, that any cross-platform game will be relatively the same due to such drastic differences. The only time you'll really see the PS3 outshine the 360 is when it's an exclusive title, and even then ... the 360 has almost a full year of release time, and live stomps the %$!^ out of anything Sony can come up with.

Also, the PS3 OS is sooooooo lackluster, looks like a PSP in HD.

Mixability
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
and the fanboys come out..............

just play the games, who cares whose pocket your money is going in.

dougp
09-15-2006, 12:39 PM
and the fanboys come out..............

just play the games, who cares whose pocket your money is going in.
Who would the 'fanbois' be?

Mixability
09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Who would the 'fanbois' be?

Whoever picks a side just because of the brand name.......

I have a 360, but don't get all bent out of shape when people say, the ps3 is better, because first of all, they're stupid to say that, when they haven't even played one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM

I've got a buddy who works at EA Sports in game development. He said there is basically zero difference between the processing power of the Cell and what the 360 has inside. He was initially very pro-PS3, but after getting ahold of a development kit for the PS3 he said he was basically scratching his head trying to find the performance differences between the 360 and PS3.

Don't believe Sony's hype, that's the only thing they're good at delivering these days.

The only real gap right now between the consoles is the high end PS3 will have HDMI, but supposedly MS is considering rolling out a future model with HDMI.

I guess I could give you Blur-ray too as a difference, but who buys a game console to watch movies?

Fillmoe
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Whoever picks a side just because of the brand name.......

I have a 360, but don't get all bent out of shape when people say, the ps3 is better, because first of all, they're stupid to say that, when they haven't even played one.

the ps3 is better

jman3000
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
on a related note... my xbox has now reached NES status... I have to blow in the cd port everytime i want to play newer games... it brings back memories of trying about 20 times before i could ever get super mario 3 to start up.

Fillmoe
09-15-2006, 12:46 PM
after a while you would have to bust out the alcohol and cotton swabs..... :lol :lol

CuckingFunt
09-15-2006, 12:51 PM
The NES era consoles gave me the false impression that ANYTHING could be fixed if you just blow really hard on it.

Fillmoe
09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
The NES era consoles gave me the false impression that ANYTHING could be fixed if you just blow really hard on it.

so is that why you turned to your profession?

DarkReign
09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Nintendo, to me, took a huge nosedive with Gamecube. Gamecube sucked. Period. I borrowed my buddy's to play Metroid. I still havent played Eternal Darkness or Zelda. Thaaaaaaat about sums up my entire reason for owning one.

If I wanted to attend pets or pop balloons, I would buy a dog and go outside.

Nintendo is great for children. They just havent grown up with their core audience. Thats why they have been smashed on the sales chart by both Sony and M$. Sells well in Japan, but Gamecube couldnt be given away in the US.

Sad truth, if your system doesnt apply to adults, it doesnt sell in America as well as one (or two) that do. I love Mario, Zelda, etc...I grew up with it. But dear GOD, grow the fuck up and deliver me some original IP with some fucking violence in it.

jman3000
09-15-2006, 01:02 PM
my friends had gamecubes and super smash brothers was addictive as shit. especially when you had 3-4 people to play. i only played it when i went over there and i still had like 40 hours logged onto it.

Mixability
09-15-2006, 01:03 PM
the ps3 is better

you've played it?

Mixability
09-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Nintendo, to me, took a huge nosedive with Gamecube. Gamecube sucked. Period. I borrowed my buddy's to play Metroid. I still havent played Eternal Darkness or Zelda. Thaaaaaaat about sums up my entire reason for owning one.

Nintendo is great for children. They just havent grown up with their core audience. Thats why they have been smashed on the sales chart by both Sony and M$. Sells well in Japan, but Gamecube couldnt be given away in the US.

Sad truth, if your system doesnt apply to adults, it doesnt sell in America as well as one (or two) that do. I love Mario, Zelda, etc...I grew up with it. But dear GOD, grow the fuck up and deliver me some original IP with some fucking violence in it.

my 1 year old has already gotten into videogames. I accidentally let him watch me play some Madden last night and he's hooked, the controls are out of his range still, but I'm thinking of getting him the Wii cause I'm sure there will be some games suitable for him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 01:05 PM
the ps3 is better

Because you've played on it and it's obviously superior, right? :rolleyes

It's going to be the same thing as the 360, save the Final Fantasy series. I could care less about shit like that. *shrugs*

Mixability
09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Because you've played on it and it's obviously superior, right? :rolleyes

It's going to be the same thing as the 360, save the Final Fantasy series. I could care less about shit like that. *shrugs*

I hope it's better, for the price. but either way, I'll get it to play killzone and the new mgs.

dougp
09-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I've got a buddy who works at EA Sports in game development. He said there is basically zero difference between the processing power of the Cell and what the 360 has inside. He was initially very pro-PS3, but after getting ahold of a development kit for the PS3 he said he was basically scratching his head trying to find the performance differences between the 360 and PS3.

Don't believe Sony's hype, that's the only thing they're good at delivering these days.

The only real gap right now between the consoles is the high end PS3 will have HDMI, but supposedly MS is considering rolling out a future model with HDMI.

I guess I could give you Blur-ray too as a difference, but who buys a game console to watch movies?
It also doesn't ship with the HDMI cable which is bullshit for a $600 console.

leemajors
09-15-2006, 01:10 PM

i turned to computer games for violence myself. still like to keep up with the nintendo games too, that's why i got a cube and a ds. mario, zelda, metroid offer superb gameplay and that's what keeps me going back. if i want to dissect a corpse i play something like sof2. we've had this discussion before though so i'll stop there.

CuckingFunt
09-15-2006, 01:12 PM
so is that why you turned to your profession?
I really should have seen that one coming, but I didn't.

Fillmoe
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
you've played it?

Yes I have......

You mad?

dougp
09-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes I have......

You mad?
You're a developer?

Even John Carmack said that the PS3 would be difficult to program for, and I don't know many people who surpass him. Many games have been dropped for the PS3, and the delays are hurting them even more ... people who put out $400 for a 360 and $250 for a Wii will think to themselves, why do I need a $600 console?

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 03:37 PM
only reason wii is goin to be cheap is that it doesnt have all that extra gadgets like the ps3 n xbox360, im buyin a machine not to watch dvds...nearly every house hold has a portable dvd player....

leemajors
09-15-2006, 03:43 PM
You're a developer?

Even John Carmack said that the PS3 would be difficult to program for, and I don't know many people who surpass him. Many games have been dropped for the PS3, and the delays are hurting them even more ... people who put out $400 for a 360 and $250 for a Wii will think to themselves, why do I need a $600 console?

carmack > *** as far as programming goes.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM

Wow you are a stupid fuck.

Wii: then and now

Posted Sep 14th 2006 8:45PM by Ludwig Kietzmann
Filed under: Nintendo Wii
"People change. Hairstyles change. Interest rates fluctuate." When Hillary Flammond uttered those words in Top Secret, she clearly hadn't experienced the gaming industry -- a marvelous, often magical place where things change very quickly indeed. As today's cataclysmic explosion of Wii news demonstrates, things can change for better or for worse. Yesterday's truth may become today's obsolete press release. So, what has (and hasn't) changed for Nintendo between then and now?

Then: The Wii could play DVDs via an unspecified and entirely nebulous dongle. The original console description reads: "Two Disc Formats, One Slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content."
Now: Inserting a DVD into the system will likely produce a polite error message indicating a complete inability to play DVDs. Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan explains DVD playback was removed "in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players." On the plus side, this reduces the amount of times we'll have to type a dubious word like "dongle."

Then: In January 2006, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata tells Japanese newspapers that the Wii should launch in the US by Thanksgiving. "As for North America, we need to release it by Thanksgiving, or otherwise we won't receive support from the retail industry."
Now: Launching on Nov. 19, Nintendo makes it with a few days to spare. Show some gratitude, will ya?

Then: Scott Hedrick, Executive VP of Opera for Devices, confirms that the Wii version of the browser "will not be sold as a seperate item." He also explains that software will come loaded on the system.
Now: The Opera browser is no longer built-in and no longer free -- it will be sold as a seperate item through the Wii's internet channel for an unknown number of Wii Points.

Then: At E3 2006, a whole host of new features are revealed for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Though the Wii version boasts a different control scheme, it will be released on the same day as the Gamecube adventure.
Now: The Wii's Twilight Princess is still on track for launch, whereas the Gamecube (reminder: the platform the game was originally developed for) is forced to wait until December 11th. Sure, that makes sense. Not implementing a widescreen mode must be trickier than we were previously lead to believe.

Then: Speaking at a news conference in Osaka, a Nintendo senior managing director makes it apparent that the Wii would launch in America for no more than $250. That particular statement would go on to fuel a ludicrous amount of speculation.
Now: Well, he wasn't lying. The Wii launch price comes in at $249.99, a full cent below the upper limit of truth.

Then: In March 2006, Satoru Iwata tells CNN all about the USB ports on the Wii and how "practically any storage method can be used" in lieu of SD cards and the 512MB of internal storage.
Now: Perrin Kaplan empties her Magnum into that idea, telling Wired News' Joel Johnson that only flash storage will be supported. Iwata's suggestion becomes relegated to something Nintendo "could" explore in the future. This "future" place we keep hearing about sounds fantastic.

Then: Retro Studios assures IGN that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will attend the inevitably debaucherous Wii launch party.
Now: A quick glance at the confirmed launch party list reveals that Metroid Prime 3 has not been invited. It's been delayed until 2007, and no amount of pleasantly worded paragraphs can hide our resulting bitterness.

Why would the Wii drop the DVD player? Weak shit.

leemajors
09-15-2006, 03:54 PM

why do you need a console to play dvd movies? get a dvd player that will play anything under the sun for $60.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 03:57 PM
why do you need a console to play dvd movies? get a dvd player that will play anything under the sun for $60.

Why wouldn't someone want it with a console?

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM

Almost as bad as PS3 being delayed in Europe till March or the 360 rushing launch so they could get a head start. But not as bad. Wii is already a bare ass console with nothing but a tv remote for a weak gimmick.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 04:11 PM
And when Resident Evil 5 is confirmed PS3 exclusive at TGS, shit is on lock.

leemajors
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Why wouldn't someone want it with a console?

cause it's pointless? most people who can afford a ps3 or 360 already have a standalone dvd player.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 04:44 PM
cause it's pointless? most people who can afford a ps3 or 360 already have a standalone dvd player.

Or if they didn't have a DVD player (trust me, some people don't have one), they'd be getting one. A Blu-Ray player at that with the ps3 :tu

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 04:57 PM

And where did you get this tad of info? I know not from the last 2 generations of video games.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Or if they didn't have a DVD player (trust me, some people don't have one), they'd be getting one. A Blu-Ray player at that with the ps3 :tu
dvd players dont cost much these dayz.....unless you want blue ray or hd-dvd player...

midgetonadonkey
09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Blue Ray will be as successful as Sony's Mini Disc player.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes I have......

You mad?

Considering that they have not even begun production of the PS3 console, and won't for another two weeks, I think I'm going to have to call you out for the liar that you are.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Or if they didn't have a DVD player (trust me, some people don't have one), they'd be getting one. A Blu-Ray player at that with the ps3

I can't think of anyone who would suddenly go from no DVD player to a PS3. :lol

And where did you get this tad of info? I know not from the last 2 generations of video games.

* Sony Mini Disc players
* Sony Plasma TVs
* UMD as a portable format standard
* Memory Stick, MS Pro, ProDuo as 'flash' memory standards
* Sony laptop battery recall for Dell, HP
* Sony Betamax
* Sony rootkit on CDs
* PS3 release pushed back 6 months, and even then having to go with a soft launch because they don't have enough units; cutting back Europe launch to March of next year
* Poor picture quality on Blur-ray releases to date, because they encoded at MPEG-2 while HD-DVD went with VC1 and is getting rave reviews about picture quality for half the price

Yeah, Sony is on a fucking roll alright :lol

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2

Sony Playstation 3 in the near future. :tu

Das Texan
09-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Damn, I just want a 360.

I won one of those things on the MSN Q6 contest.

That was cool.

midgetonadonkey
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2

Sony Playstation 3 in the near future. :tu

Fantastic point. You are a masterful debater.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Fantastic point. You are a masterful debater.

Sarcasm, eh.

But I'm not trying to get in some heated debate about next-gen consoles.

Shouldn't you be tending to your lame Squid troll?

midgetonadonkey
09-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Sarcasm, eh.

But I'm not trying to get in some heated debate about next-gen consoles.

Shouldn't you be tending to your lame Squid troll?

My Squid troll does not need tending to.

midgetonadonkey
09-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Seriously, who tends to a troll. What tending is needed? You just log in and that's it.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Seriously, who tends to a troll. What tending is needed? You just log in and that's it.

:lol

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
But Playstation has the best game library, and people see how far a huge game library can take you. See: ps2 Don't see:Gamecube

greywheel
09-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Nintendo has great first party games. I am getting a Wii, maybe not at release but I will have one by April.
Here is an interesting take on the Wii vs PS3 decision.
LInk (http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7455690&publicUserId=4549175) .
Also a reason to have a DVD player seperate from a game system: How many people lost their DVD player when their Playstation 2 broke.

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Nintendo has great first party games. I am getting a Wii, maybe not at release but I will have one by April.
Here is an interesting take on the Wii vs PS3 decision.
LInk (http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7455690&publicUserId=4549175) .
Also a reason to have a DVD player seperate from a game system: How many people lost their DVD player when their Playstation 2 broke.

Agreed about the great 1st party support, but the 3rd party support is horrible.

And people complaining about the price, ONLINE IS FREE ON THE PS3. Live is $50 a month, which adds up way past $600 after a while.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Live is $50 a month, which adds up way past $600 after a while.

Live is free on the weekends on the 360, and $50 for the *year*.

I feel sorry for people who are such bandwagoners they can't look at the product on its own merits. Like saying PS3 > 360 when Sony hasn't even manufactured a single console yet.

It's probably going to work out as well as their Blu-ray products so far :lol

dirk4mvp
09-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, a year. Brainfart. But even then, ps3 online is still free.

Like saying the Wii is better than the ps3 when they haven't played a Wii themselves unless they went to E3. And how many people here went to E3?

Squid
09-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I went to E3.

leemajors
09-15-2006, 08:46 PM
I can't think of anyone who would suddenly go from no DVD player to a PS3. :lol

* Sony Mini Disc players
* Sony Plasma TVs
* UMD as a portable format standard
* Memory Stick, MS Pro, ProDuo as 'flash' memory standards
* Sony laptop battery recall for Dell, HP
* Sony Betamax
* Sony rootkit on CDs
* PS3 release pushed back 6 months, and even then having to go with a soft launch because they don't have enough units; cutting back Europe launch to March of next year
* Poor picture quality on Blur-ray releases to date, because they encoded at MPEG-2 while HD-DVD went with VC1 and is getting rave reviews about picture quality for half the price

Yeah, Sony is on a fucking roll alright :lol

i think beta was the only thing on there that wasd actually a truly superior product. they were bigger in europe, but just didn't really catch on.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Man, I just watched the videos of people playing some of these games, and I really want one.

Drunk playing of Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drunken playing of a PS3.

And with the extra 350, I can buy whatever is going to make me drunk. :D

November 13 is too far away.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 06:20 AM
^Wii doesn't release until Nov. 19 with is a total dick job because that's a Sunday, and nobody buys a fucking console on Sunday. :td

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 06:21 AM
And for those who aren't gonna believe me http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157572.html?tag=breaking_news;link

:angel

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 06:52 AM
And for those who aren't gonna believe me http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157572.html?tag=breaking_news;link

:angelYeah, I don't know why I thought it was the 13th.

Either way, the 19th is fine. I'll preorder and be at Gamestop or EB at midnight on the 18th. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

greywheel
09-18-2006, 11:12 AM
^Wii doesn't release until Nov. 19 with is a total dick job because that's a Sunday, and nobody buys a fucking console on Sunday. :td
Why would noone buy the console on a Sunday? A Sunday release allows for stores to include it in their weekly advertisements without adding the annoying release date disclaimer. Also a Sunday release date means that you can start lining up Friday evening and not miss any work or school.

baseline bum
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I never went to E3, and I've played all three.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-18-2006, 12:46 PM

I bet if the PS3 launched on a Sunday you'd be there to suck Sony's dick, errr I mean buy an overpriced piece of shit PS3.

cheguevara
09-18-2006, 12:54 PM
:lol at kids hating on one console vs. the other. Buy whichever you like, the competition is what is making gaming technology great.

PS2 > Xbox that was a fact.

we don't know if PS3 will be better than 360 yet. but its very possible.

dougp
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
:lol at kids hating on one console vs. the other. Buy whichever you like, the competition is what is making gaming technology great.

PS2 > Xbox that was a fact.

we don't know if PS3 will be better than 360 yet. but its very possible.
PS2 was only > Xbox in the department of Single Player ... Graphics, hard drive, multiplayer, hackability all excelled the Xbox beyond the PS2.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I bet if the PS3 launched on a Sunday you'd be there to suck Sony's dick, errr I mean buy an overpriced piece of shit PS3.

No, I'm not getting one right at launch anyways. It'll be Jan/Feb before I get one. Yeah, overpriced. How much do stand-alone Blu-Ray players cost?

Lauch on Friday>lauch on Sun.

Wii is a piece of shit gimmick. Nintendo are stupid fucks. The people that used to play Mario and Zelda when they were 10 don't want to play it when they're 22. They want some Metal Gear Solid, Halo, etc.......

AHF, do you think I'm a Sony fanboy or something? No matter how much it cost, I bet it still sells more than Wii.

Anybody care to see screenshots of Wii Madden?

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Wii Madden. Looks PS1-ish.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/732/732391/madden-nfl-07-20060912043659840.jpg

http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/705/705685/madden-nfl-07-20060508024626691.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/732/732391/madden-nfl-07-20060912043642466.jpg

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 04:12 PM
PS2 was only > Xbox in the department of Single Player ... Graphics, hard drive, multiplayer, hackability all excelled the Xbox beyond the PS2.

You forgot game library and controller :tu

dougp
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
You forgot game library and controller :tu
Uhm, I compared to the products that were readily available for both systems ... why the fuck would I want to play PS1 games on my PS2?

And for me personally, the MadCatz XBox MicroS was more comfortable than the PS2 controller.

Controllers are a matter of opinion ...

leemajors
09-18-2006, 04:52 PM
No, I'm not getting one right at launch anyways. It'll be Jan/Feb before I get one. Yeah, overpriced. How much do stand-alone Blu-Ray players cost?

Wii is a piece of shit gimmick. Nintendo are stupid fucks. The people that used to play Mario and Zelda when they were 10 don't want to play it when they're 22. They want some Metal Gear Solid, Halo, etc.......

AHF, do you think I'm a Sony fanboy or something? No matter how much it cost, I bet it still sells more than Wii.

Anybody care to see screenshots of Wii Madden?

i'm 29 and way more interesting in playing mario and zelda than metal gear solid or halo. playing mario kart when stoned >>> any xbox or ps2 game i can think of, even though i don't smoke anymore.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 04:54 PM
i'm 29 and way more interesting in playing mario and zelda than metal gear solid or halo. playing mario kart when stoned >>> any xbox or ps2 game i can think of, even though i don't smoke anymore.

Alright, you maybe, but as a whole? Nintendo can't rely on the same ganeration forever.

leemajors
09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Alright, you maybe, but as a whole? Nintendo can't rely on the same ganeration forever.

there are plenty of people that feel the way i do, and plenty of people like danyo who will buy each of the systems. nintendo has a stranglehold on the pokemon/handheld market, they are making money hand over fist and not going anywhere soon. sony and microsoft continue to throw money at hardware and try to compete with pc games, making marginal to no profits off their systems and hoping to god their games sell. i think nintendo is doing just fine.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Dude, I'm really looking forward to playing the new Zelda. WTF are you talking about?

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Dude, I'm really looking forward to playing the new Zelda. WTF are you talking about?

I think my sister is getting a Wii, so I don't have to worry about getting a Wii. Zelda is a game I want to play. But I'd rather just use the regular controller.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh, and Madden never looked that good on the PS1

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/screenshots/4/197824/madden2000_screen008.jpg

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 05:44 PM

It still looks like it could be done on PS2 and Xbox.

CuckingFunt
09-18-2006, 07:57 PM
The people that used to play Mario and Zelda when they were 10 don't want to play it when they're 22. They want some Metal Gear Solid, Halo, etc.......
I'm more on the PS3 side of the fence here, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. At the ripe old age of 28, the ability to download and play all the games from the old Nintendo catalog is making the Wii pretty damned appealing, at least as a cheap second console.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Pretty soon, people can download ps1 games on the PSP. :tu

And what's with Wii all of a sudden dropping the DVD player and region lockout?

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Dude, I don't care what you want to buy and how much of a hardon you have for the PS3. I personally don't want to spend 600 freaking dollars on a game system Im' not going to use all that much. I don't need HD graphics, I don't need blue ray. I just wnat a decent gaming system with some of the games I liked, and Nintendo has that.

I have 2 DVD players, I don't need another

And there are a lot of people who think along those lines.

I don't understand why you have to make it a PS3 is the best like OMG!#)!(#!() thread.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Dude, I don't care what you want to buy and how much of a hardon you have for the PS3. I personally don't want to spend 600 freaking dollars on a game system Im' not going to use all that much. I don't need HD graphics, I don't need blue ray. I just wnat a decent gaming system with some of the games I liked, and Nintendo has that.

I have 2 DVD players, I don't need another

And there are a lot of people who think along those lines.

I don't understand why you have to make it a PS3 is the best like OMG!#)!(#!() thread.

What? Last I check Aggie Hoops Fans jumped on my ass for supporting the ps3. Read the first post he quoted me on. If you're gonna jump on my ass, jump on his ass too.

And I'm not just a ps3 fan, I like the 360. :tu

And I haven't once been like "OMFG, te4 ps3 will PWNZ teh Weei!!!11!"

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM

Anyone jocking the PS3 is a dumbass.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Dude, you've done your best to talk down the Wii. Thats great that you don't like it, but its annoying when people go out of their way with their little video game disputes. Some of us don't really give a shit if a video game console rubs your feet and whispers sweet nothings into your ears for 850 dollars and for an extra 50 will give you a weekly BJ.

Its just weird to me how possesive people get of their favorite console. People like you weird me out.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Dude, you've done your best to talk down the Wii. Thats great that you don't like it, but its annoying when people go out of their way with their little video game disputes. Some of us don't really give a shit if a video game console rubs your feet and whispers sweet nothings into your ears for 850 dollars and for an extra 50 will give you a weekly BJ.

Its just weird to me how possesive people get of their favorite console. People like you weird me out.

But it doesn't weird you out AHF is thinking of every offensive word in the book when I post? :wtf

Ok.

phyzik
09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
http://www.whatentertainment.com/view/Wii__Failure_Is_Not_An_Option

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200609/N06.0915.1324.09291.htm

Regardless of the outrageous price of the PS3 and the lack of game selection for the Xbox360.... the Wii will fail.... and sadly, so will creativity.

Nintendo is going the way of Sega, mark my words.

Like the second article states, nintendo has promised the world before with the N64 and Gamecube.... look at them.. I wouldnt put too much stock in the Wii being a massive success.

Id rather wait for the xbox360 prices to go down and stick with my current PS2/Xbox/gamecube then shell out for a Wii at anytime... its destined to fail with its kiddie games.

I agree about all the oldschool zelda games and shit (meaning I want to play them still).... but thats what emulation on my computer is for... Im not going to pay $250 for something that lets me play a game I can download for free (legally BTW since most of the copyrights have expired) on my computer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-18-2006, 08:35 PM

Still haven't seen you explain why.

Pretty soon, people can download ps1 games on the PSP.

I can't wait to invite all my friends over and crowd around the 3" PSP screen. AWESOME!!! :lol

And what's with Wii all of a sudden dropping the DVD player and region lockout?

This coming from someone supporting a console (PS3) that is going to be region locked and copyright/hack protected?

You forgot game library and controller

This seems to be the Sony fanboy claim. Yeah, if you like the nappy Final Fantasy 50 game series, PS2 is a great console for you to play your role player game alone.

All I give a flip about are sports games and shooter games where you can play online/with friends.

Xbox, 360 has every sports game PS2/3 has, and Halo beats the hell out of anything Sony has to offer.

As to this little gem...

And I haven't once been like "OMFG, te4 ps3 will PWNZ teh Weei!!!11!"

The THIRD post in this entire thread is:

What? The PS3 will kill that with no problem. The $600 beast is coming.

And damn straight I will call you out about the PS3. Sony hasn't even produced ONE working console. Not one. Zero, zip, nada, so I think it's fucking hilarious that you are jocking a gaming system that costs half as much as a decent 42" plasma TV that it's manufacturer hasn't even been able to produce a single one of despite being less than two months from launch.

And yeah, I'll call Sony out. I hate them. I used to work at Best Buy and their products are junk. But hey, they pay Best Buy tons and tons of cash, err, "marketing fees", to pimp their overpriced shit products.

They're doing the same thing with Blu-ray right now, the picture on those discs is crap when put up next to HD-DVD. But you won't find HD-DVD setups in Best Buy.

Why? For starters, Sony paid BB a ton to "market" the PS3 and then on top of that told Best Buy corporate that the number of PS3s they got would be tied to Blu-ray sales numbers.

In short, Sony sucks, their products are overpriced, overhyped, and underdeliver.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
If it weren't for Halo, where would Xbox be? It would've been another Dreamcast.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
OMFG, te4 ps3 will PWNZ teh Weei!!!11! sounds nothing like what I said. It sounds more like what you said about dumbfucks and suck sony's dick.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
and Halo beats the hell out of anything Sony has to offer.

Still can't get over that. Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, Resistance Fall of Man, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 5<---PS3 exclusive is too much competition for Halo 3 and Gears of War.<----Xbox 360 exclusive.

But all of those games beat the hell out of Mario and Pokemon.

baseline bum
09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't like the Wii, but I'm in the vast minority of people I know who have used it. Almost everyone I talk to who has played it loves it despite its graphics, but they're mostly very hardcore gamers. I guess I'm spoiled by the PC, because after playing XBox 360 and PS3, I can't go to any console that can't compete with it.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't like the Wii, but I'm in the vast minority of people I know who have used it. Almost everyone I talk to who has played it loves it despite its graphics, but they're mostly very hardcore gamers. I guess I'm spoiled by the PC, because after playing XBox 360 and PS3, I can't go to any console that can't compete with it.

You've played Wii and PS3? :tu You must have an insider job? Are you going to TGS?

dougp
09-18-2006, 09:00 PM
You said exactly what I wanted to hear ... hardcore gamers like it.

I bet I can tell you why ... GAMEPLAY and INNOVATION.

I can only play Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Doom, Red Alert strategies so much ... a good game from the genre comes out maybe what, once ever 3-4 years?

phyzik
09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
The Wii controller is nothing more then a novelty item, It will go the way of the following:

http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/peripherals/images/powerglove.jpg

http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/peripherals/images/famirobot.jpg

http://www.puntodepartida.com/imagenes/maquinatiempo/supernintendo/superscope.jpg

http://www.museo8bits.com/vboy.jpg

There was always one peripheral I wish nintendo would have come out with when I was younger though....

http://www.time-is-fun.com/Nintendo-Girl-400.jpg

CuckingFunt
09-18-2006, 09:03 PM
There was always one peripheral I wish nintendo would have come out with when I was younger though....

http://www.time-is-fun.com/Nintendo-Girl-400.jpg

'Fraid the power glove is about as close as you're going to get.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I'd give her my power glove.

And then I'd hit it.

phyzik
09-18-2006, 09:11 PM
'Fraid the power glove is about as close as you're going to get.

The only Power Glove's I have now are the Trojan Models that come pre-lubricated.

They dont have all the nifty little buttons on them though, like "turbo" or any of those :depressed

CuckingFunt
09-18-2006, 09:12 PM
They dont have all the nifty little buttons on them though, like "turbo" or any of those :depressed
That's unfortunate.

The buttons get a :tu.

baseline bum
09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Don't get me wrong. The ideas behind the Wii are amazing. I'm just holding out until Nintendo puts these to work in a system that has real graphical power.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
If it weren't for Halo, where would Xbox be? It would've been another Dreamcast.

Hey, if you like having to pay for a memory card to save your games, I guess the PS2 was right up your alley.

IT wasn't just about Halo. All the sports games were great on it, the SSX franchise was a blast, and gee, the Xbox also got all the Grand Theft Auto games that the PS2 fanboys held up as proof of a better game catalog.

Like I said, if Final Fantasy 546 is your thing, knock yourself out on the PS2. Otherwise, Xbox has better graphics, better processing power, and personally I like their controller more. If I want to hang on to a boomerang I'll take a vacation to Australia.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey, if you like having to pay for a memory card to save your games, I guess the PS2 was right up your alley.

IT wasn't just about Halo. All the sports games were great on it, the SSX franchise was a blast, and gee, the Xbox also got all the Grand Theft Auto games that the PS2 fanboys held up as proof of a better game catalog.

Like I said, if Final Fantasy 546 is your thing, knock yourself out on the PS2. Otherwise, Xbox has better graphics, better processing power, and personally I like their controller more. If I want to hang on to a boomerang I'll take a vacation to Australia.

I hate FF games. I like MGS, Tekken, Killzone, Devil May Cry as so forth.

Boomerang? I though you kept up with this stuff. The PS3 looks exactly like the ps2 controller.
And the xbox does have better proc. power and graphics. I have an xbox. But games are what makes a system and it showed that ps2 had better games.

Memory card. Right. So you just like to take the whole system to a friends house to play a game with your data? And have to buy a DVD playback kit? :tu

greywheel
09-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't get me wrong. The ideas behind the Wii are amazing. I'm just holding out until Nintendo puts these to work in a system that has real graphical power.
So is this your only complaint about the system? Because I am probably going to get a Wii but graphics aren't too important to me. 8-bit graphics are a bit distracting anymore but I don't have an HD television so spending money on Blue Ray seems silly.
Microsoft's library has never really made me feel like I need to buy an XBox because most of the games I would want come out on the PC eventually.

TDMVPDPOY
09-19-2006, 09:22 AM
the ps3 controller reminds me of sega mega drive 2 systems controller

cheguevara
09-19-2006, 09:23 AM
good to hear poor people will get to play vido games too :D

leemajors
09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
the dreamcast ruled, you didn't even have to hack the system to play burned games.

baseline bum
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
the ps3 controller reminds me of sega mega drive 2 systems controller

The PS3 controller is a just like the PS2 except with way more responsive analog sticks, and better buttons that won't stick like PS2 controllers did. It's a PS2 controller except that it's decent quality.

DarkReign
09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, so its out there, Im no fan of any one system and certainly wouldnt purport that one is better than the other when 2 of the 3 arent even publicly released.

But to say one console is better than the other is immaterial. Reasons for failure always vary, look at DC.

Xbox, like it or not, was a rousing success which was helped by Halo, not defined by it. Im a perfect example, I hate console FPSs, I dont play them...ever. But I bought an XBox for Live. Sony cant touch Live. Unless they have serious plans soon, they probably wont with PS3 either.

PS2 was awesome. Games that were either exclusive or duration exclusive like their flagship GTA (which M$ just robbed them of). I like FF games, but only played 7 and 10 to completion. PS2 controller > Xbox controller (i hated those white and black buttons). Not so anymore with 360's.

One way or the other, competition is always good. Judging by price I think Sony may have missed the memo. Concerning capabilities, time will tell for both. Talk to me in June 07. A machine can be capable of perfectly rendering an Italian vista on the Mediterranean while at the same time controlling the life-like AI of one hundred natives who are engaged in step-by-step construction of the Acropolis, but when no developer is given the green light to seriously puch a machines limitations because the publisher wants it released in time for Christmas, we all get screwed.

The problem with gaming has nothing to do with hardware or capability, it has everything to do with publishers who arent beholden to art and innovation, but rather money and stockholders. The moment the industry concedes that "quality makes classics" neither Sony or M$ could stop the world from generating games that could parallel cinema in its depth of character and introspection on the human condition...if only given the time to do so.

baseline bum
09-19-2006, 02:01 PM
It's prob going to be a while before we see development that uses the PS3 (or even the 360) to its real potential. Game development companies have finally jumped on the wagon with SMP for dual processors, but Xenon (X360's) is 3 cores, and Cell (PS3's) is 7 active cores. Multi-threading pushes a lot more risk late into any project, so it's understandable that they are hesitant to jump right in for launch. Perhaps that's why Nintendo is waiting to release something to compete with the PS3 and 360.

dougp
09-19-2006, 02:09 PM
PS2 was awesome. Games that were either exclusive or duration exclusive like their flagship GTA (which M$ just robbed them of). I like FF games, but only played 7 and 10 to completion. PS2 controller > Xbox controller (i hated those white and black buttons). Not so anymore with 360's.

I should slap you for that GTA statement ... GTA, GTA: London and GTA2 all came out on PC first, so that means Sony took them from Microsoft.

Mixability
09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
there are plenty of people that feel the way i do, and plenty of people like danyo who will buy each of the systems.

the reason i get each system every generation is mostly because I hate being left out of exclusive games. picking a system based on stupid facts is just moronic, but leave it to dirk to not dissappoint.....

dirk4mvp
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
the reason i get each system every generation is mostly because I hate being left out of exclusive games. picking a system based on stupid facts is just moronic, but leave it to dirk to not dissappoint.....

I do believe I said I will be getting a 360 sometime or another. Get the facts right before you try to call someone out.

Mixability
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I do believe I said I will be getting a 360 sometime or another. Get the facts right before you try to call someone out.

Did I even fucking quote you. I made a fucking statement, not a response. I said I, I don't give a fuck what you get and what you don't get. I know one thing you won't get anytime soon DIRK, a ring..... :lmao

dirk4mvp
09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Did I even fucking quote you. I made a fucking statement, not a response. I said I, I don't give a fuck what you get and what you don't get. I know one thing you won't get anytime soon DIRK, a ring..... :lmao

Well since most people have resorted to calling me dirk (I guess my username) I thought you were talking about me since AHF thinks I'm a sony fanboy. w00t w00t!

And as long as the Mavs stay better than the Spurs, I'm A.O.K. :tu

Mixability
09-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Well since most people have resorted to calling me dirk (I guess my username) I thought you were talking about me since AHF thinks I'm a sony fanboy. w00t w00t!

And as long as the Mavs stay better than the Spurs, I'm A.O.K. :tu

You assumed wrong, just like your stooge looking owner assumed that DVD players in each lockerroom would make his players good enough to win a championship. Just like you assume the PS3 will squash everything in it's path.

To make this short, you assume more cash equals more quality. Just because you pay $600 for a system doesn't mean they HAVE to follow through with quality games. The Wii will HAVE to put out some good shit to cover their losses on the consoles. The PS3 will just take advantage of stupid fuck/fanboys that would buy it even if all it turns out to be is another betamax type launch.

3 > 0

dougp
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
You assumed wrong, just like your stooge looking owner assumed that DVD players in each lockerroom would make his players good enough to win a championship. Just like you assume the PS3 will squash everything in it's path.

To make this short, you assume more cash equals more quality. Just because you pay $600 for a system doesn't mean they HAVE to follow through with quality games. The Wii will HAVE to put out some good shit to cover their losses on the consoles. The PS3 will just take advantage of stupid fuck/fanboys that would buy it even if all it turns out to be is another betamax type launch.

3 > 0
Nintendo will take no losses on the Wii ...

dirk4mvp
09-19-2006, 07:40 PM
3 > 0

As said by every Spur fan scared b/c they know who's better now. But way to turn this into a basketball thread.

Sony will take advantage of having the best overall console. The price is the only thing non-Sony fans have to shit on about the ps3. :tu

DarkReign
09-20-2006, 08:21 AM
I should slap you for that GTA statement ... GTA, GTA: London and GTA2 all came out on PC first, so that means Sony took them from Microsoft.

I played those, too. But I am talking about GTA3 and beyond. Those games have basically revolutionized what people expect from 3rd person action games.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
As said by every Spur fan scared b/c they know who's better now. But way to turn this into a basketball thread.

Sony will take advantage of having the best overall console. The price is the only thing non-Sony fans have to shit on about the ps3. :tu

Well when you're the fan of a team that expects money to buy everything, it's kinda hard to ignore your perspective coming into ANY thread. You think that the PS3 will be better just because of the hype and the money it'll cost. I don't hate the machine, I'm getting one along with a Wii, I just hate that you bash everything else out there for a system you haven't even been able to take out of the box. I thought people learned not to get their hopes up with all the marketing shit that manufacturers pull, but then again, you're probably not old enough to remember the Jaguar.

baseline bum
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
The PS3's hardware is amazing, save the POS Blu-Ray. I thought Blu-Ray was going to be some amazing technology, but all it is is a blue laser closer to the disk (to limit diffraction both from distance and wavelength) and a drive that spins the disk faster.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
The PS3's hardware is amazing, save the POS Blu-Ray. I thought Blu-Ray was going to be some amazing technology, but all it is is a blue laser closer to the disk (to limit diffraction both from distance and wavelength) and a drive that spins the disk faster.

I have faith in Sony to have software to match the hardware, regardless, the new Killzone and MGS shouldn't dissappoint.

DarkReign
09-20-2006, 02:23 PM

Obviously, whatever it is you do for a living seems secretive seeing as you have played all 3 consoles before anyone else, but....

Mind sharing what it is you do? If you cant, could you drop a hint?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Memory card. Right. So you just like to take the whole system to a friends house to play a game with your data? And have to buy a DVD playback kit?

Why take a card to a friend's house? I guess if you care about the uniform color of your guy on Metal Gear, you need that kind of shit.

The Xbox also has a memory card if you feel so compelled to take some saved data to a friend's house, but at least it has a hard drive in it so you can save a game you're playing at home. PS2? Gotta go buy a memory card. What a deal!

DVD playback kit? Who the fuck buys a game console to watch DVDs on? And the DVD player on the PS2 was a piece of shit.

BTW, Microsoft announced today that via a software update they will be able to output 1080p. Oops, there goes another selling point for the PS3. THey also announced the HD-DVD player add on will be less than $200.

Remind me again why I should go pick up a PS3? :lol

dirk4mvp
09-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Personal preference.

Funny how you're the one doing all the shit talking on me and the ps3, but people want to accuse me of being a fanboy, when I've stated I was getting a 360 sometime.

baseline bum
09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
BTW, Microsoft announced today that via a software update they will be able to output 1080p. Oops, there goes another selling point for the PS3. THey also announced the HD-DVD player add on will be less than $200.

Remind me again why I should go pick up a PS3? :lol

You probably shouldn't right now, especially if you have a 360. In a couple of years though, hopefully games will be able to use the PS3 to its full potential. At that time 360 won't touch it. I love the PS3, but developers aren't ready for it right now. Like I think AHF said before, most games are still designed for single CPU systems like XBox and PS2.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Personal preference.

Funny how you're the one doing all the shit talking on me and the ps3, but people want to accuse me of being a fanboy, when I've stated I was getting a 360 sometime.

Dude, post #3 in this thread. Fucking read it, it's by you, Mr. "the $600 PS3 ownz all".

I guess having worked at BB for a while, I hate seeing people get ripped off, which is what I think anyone who plunks down $600 for a console will be getting.

I guess it's fitting though that being such a Mavs homer you're jocking the PS3 so hard. Lots of hype and not much substance in your life.

dirk4mvp
09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Dude, post #3 in this thread. Fucking read it, it's by you, Mr. "the $600 PS3 ownz all".

I guess having worked at BB for a while, I hate seeing people get ripped off, which is what I think anyone who plunks down $600 for a console will be getting.

I guess it's fitting though that being such a Mavs homer you're jocking the PS3 so hard. Lots of hype and not much substance in your life.

Coming from the guy who constanly calls it shit. Wow, one fucking post. How many hate posts have you made?

Who sid I'm a mavs homer? Because of my name!? :rolleyes :lmao

Haha.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-20-2006, 09:52 PM
YOu're a Mavs homer because of your posts here over the last several months. *Haha*.

I'm not making hate posts, other than hating people like you who are too stupid to see through Sony's hype.

BeerIsGood!
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Kutaragi: Sony Hardware 'In Decline'
By Scott M. Fulton, III, BetaNews

In an extraordinary public statement of regret and despair over having to postpone his company's PlayStation 3 debut in Europe and Australia until March, and to limit availability elsewhere to only 500,000 units come November, Sony Computer Entertainment President Ken Kutaragi is quoted by Reuters as having told reporters, "If you asked me if Sony's strength in hardware was in decline, right now I guess I would have to say that might be true."
Kutaragi's comments come as his company struggles to reassure customers in North America and Japan that there's still something to look forward to before the holidays. Sony senior corporate communications director Dave Karraker reassured BetaNews this week that November 17 continues to be the PS3's North American launch date, although only an estimated 400,000 units will have shipped to retailers here by that date.

Back when Microsoft was criticized for having underestimated Xbox 360 demand during last year's Christmas season, the company still reported having sold 600,000 units in the United States between last November and January.

Financial analysts are mixed about whether this setback will result in permanent damage for Sony. Some are saying this week that game console consumers will simply delay their purchases for as long as Sony pushes back the PS3. The theory is that PS3s are already "sold" to the majority of customers - if they're going to buy it, they've already made up their minds to do so.

But others are citing the fact that the PS3 is supposed to double as an entry-level Blu-ray Disc player, by way of concluding this could be a calamitous turn of events for Sony. Consumers in the high-definition media space have yet to make up their minds as to whether HD DVD -- whose players and movies were released first -- or Blu-ray will provide the better overall experience.

Many of those consumers are believed to have been waiting until November to make up their minds. If they can't actually get their hands on a PS3 because it hasn't shipped, or has been put on back-order, some believe they could purchase a Toshiba HD DVD player for Christmas instead - or perhaps even an Xbox 360 with an HD DVD player attachment, if Microsoft manages to make that add-on component available before the holidays.

After news of the PS3 delay hit Japan, it precipitated the biggest single-day drop in the Nikkei average in one month, falling 1.67% yesterday and continuing its decline today. On the New York exchange, Sony stock had been trading lower, but had started a rebound by lunchtime Friday.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The President of the company believes that the hardware for his company is in decline?? That doesn't give much reassurance for those looking to fork out $600 to buy one of these things. I don't know why anyone would spend the extra money for a Blu Ray player when they would have to buy all of their movies over again when they get released. To me the difference is not enough to warrant buying new DVDs at $20 or more a pop. Two weeks ago I purchased a Yamaha RX-V1700 receiver for my sound system to go with my Optoma HD72 Theater Projector. The Yamaha upconverts all signals (which means satellite or cable too, not just DVD) to 720p or 1080i/p. So basically I get to watch my DVDs in HD without having to shell out for a Blu Ray player or HD DVD and all of the expensive movies. I have no use for a Blu Ray, so when looking at the video game consoles I only care about which is better for GAMING. Sony is trying too hard to take their system to some sort of multi-media status and seems to be forgetting that it is a video game machine IMO. The Wii may have a stupid name, but it is at least geared to video games and gaming - which is why it looks to be the better buy by far.

dirk4mvp
09-20-2006, 10:26 PM
YOu're a Mavs homer because of your posts here over the last several months. *Haha*.

I'm not making hate posts, other than hating people like you who are too stupid to see through Sony's hype.

So you're a Spurs homer for bringing up basketball in a video game thread. :tu