PDA

View Full Version : Live Terror Alert ! Or another Bush tactic?

mouse
10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Bush will try anything to get folks so scared they feel they must vote for him.

very sad,

NameDropper
10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Rumor has it that Bush's approval rating goes up about 3 pts every time there is a terror alert.
It's one of those things that make you go..hummmmm.

mouse
10-27-2004, 12:23 PM
All we need is for Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton to endorse Bush and it's all over.

Did you see the live terror Alert?
I was going to post that we will see some sort of an attack this week but I didn't want the FBI at my door step :lmao

CosmicCowboy
10-27-2004, 12:27 PM
ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and he speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual.

US intelligence officials believe the man on tape may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman, a California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

CommanderMcBragg
10-27-2004, 12:30 PM
This is some serious information.

It's not a matter of IF terrorists will strike again, but WHEN. :wtf

No matter who is president terrorism will strike again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-27-2004, 12:43 PM
I wonder how long it will take Dan to post that this is another Bush camp conspiracy.

Yonivore
10-27-2004, 12:55 PM
I wonder how long it will take Dan to post that this is another Bush camp conspiracy.
Wouldn't that necessarily mean that the Bush campaign is in cahoots with ABC? Not likely...

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 01:08 PM
America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

But I thought it was the invasion of Iraq which led to more terrorists?

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 01:20 PM

Well, the purported reason for the attack was that Bush "made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda" so danny will probably think it's real and blame Bush.

Nbadan
10-27-2004, 01:59 PM
mkkkppnnkkklpppppppppi mnnnnnnnnnnjjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik yyyyyyyyyyjiiiipoyuttereb,..mklopnhopnnn bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnmkpppppp99 999999hpppppllllllllllghgguugy,mmmmm,,lllmkoooooof :fro :smokin :drunk

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 02:03 PM
This is some serious information.

It's not a matter of IF terrorists will strike again, but WHEN. :wtf

No matter who is president terrorism will strike again.
Commander....we don't agree very often but I fully agree with you. This is something that should be taken seriously and not an election ploy.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 02:04 PM
mkkkppnnkkklpppppppppi mnnnnnnnnnnjjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik yyyyyyyyyyjiiiipoyuttereb,..mklopnhopnnn bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnmkpppppp99 999999hpppppllllllllllghgguugy,mmmmm,,lllmkoooooof :fro :smokin :drunk
Now thats about as good post as you've ever made. :lol

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Dan, call poison control immediatly!

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 02:07 PM
So is the argument now that the US should not have invaded Afghanistan?

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 02:22 PM
So is the argument now that the US should not have invaded Afghanistan?
Kerry is thinking right now....."Gee, thats one I haven't used". :lol

Nbadan
10-27-2004, 02:39 PM
We report, you decide

The CIA is unable to authenticate a videotape in which a man claiming to be an al-Qaida terrorist warns of devastating new attacks on the United States, a senior U.S. intelligence official told NBC News on Wednesday.

The existence of the tape was first reported Wednesday afternoon by Internet columnist Matt Drudge, who said it was obtained last weekend in Pakistan by ABC News. Drudge quoted an unidentified “senior ABC News source” as saying the network was “working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate” it.

But the senior intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NBC News that “we can’t authenticate” the tape, a copy of which ABC gave the CIA on Monday. He would not elaborate, adding, “I think that is where we are going to stand.”

U.S. officials told NBC News that the tape included now-standard militant Islamist rhetoric promising widespread destruction inside the United States. The man cannot be identified, the officials said, because his face is covered by a headdress.

MSNBC (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6345734)

Remember what I have said about Matt Drudge. Straight up the ass from Karl Rove.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
According to what you just quoted, Drudge was correct about its existence, the fact that ABC originally had the tape and had contacted the CIA about it and provided them with a copy. What part of that is incorrect?

Are you taking it up the ass from Rove too?

xrayzebra
10-27-2004, 02:46 PM
We report, you decide

MSNBC (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6345734)

Remember what I have said about Matt Drudge. Straight up the ass from Karl Rove.

I remember alot of what you have said, mostly a bunch of BS. But giving you
the beneifit of the doubt: Nawh, changed my mind, I wont. You are full of
crap. Like in Dem-o-crap. Just be cool the pubs will take care of you.
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Spurminator
10-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Why would the Bush campaign release a fake tape to scare people from voting for Bush?

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 02:58 PM
To say the tape is fake without investigation invites apathy. If it turns out to be fake after investigation then we all are better off. We can not afford to turn our heads on anything. Ohhhh...and what if it is authentic? :rolleyes

Nbadan
10-27-2004, 02:59 PM
For all we know, it was Matt Drudge who made the tape. I wouldn't put anything above the right-wingers right now. They are desperate. Kerry is ahead in most polls now and if he wins, they go to jail.

LandShark
10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
:drunk

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 03:04 PM
For all we know, it was Matt Drudge who made the tape. I wouldn't put anything above the right-wingers right now. They are desperate. Kerry is ahead in most polls now and if he wins, they go to jail.
Did Kerry tell you that? :lol

Spurminator
10-27-2004, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't put anything above the right-wingers right now. They are desperate.

You wouldn't put producing a fake tape designed to SCARE PEOPLE FROM VOTING FOR BUSH above them?

You think Drudge would hype a tape he knew would not be validated, and therefore embarrass him somewhat?

Again, what could possibly be the motive?

Maybe the Kerry campaign is working on fabricating a John Edwards rape scandal as we speak...

Nbadan
10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
:rolleyes

God, this is what we get for allowing internet access at public libraries.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 03:07 PM
:rolleyes

God, this is what we get for allowing internet access at public libraries.
You're exactly right Dan. Go on home and post from your own computer! :lol

Spurminator
10-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Are you going to answer the question?

LandShark
10-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Are you going to answer the question?
Not until Dan consults democraticundergound.com :rolleyes

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 03:10 PM
I think I found the answers for everything!

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/1597/ConTheory.jpg

Nbadan
10-27-2004, 03:11 PM
You wouldn't put producing a fake tape designed to SCARE PEOPLE FROM VOTING FOR BUSH above them?

I wouldn't put anything above the administration Neocons right now, they are desperate. Why would you say that this tape is intended to scare voters from voting for Bush when a recent study proved that terror alerts raise W's approval ratings?

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't put anything above the administration Neocons right now, they are desperate. Why would you say that this tape is intended to scare voters from voting for Bush when a recent study proved that terror alerts raise W's approval ratings?

Dumbass, the guy on the tape says that Bush is the reason that he and his pals are going to attack the US. What part of that do you not understand?

Spurminator
10-27-2004, 03:16 PM
The message implies that the Americans will be punished if they choose to reelect Bush. Sure, there are plenty of strong-willed citizens who would not allow this to sway their vote, but under no circumstances would a validated message like this have a positive impact on Bush's bid for reelection.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Exactly Spurm. Oh I could see ABCNNBCBS turn down an opportunity to report that this country is under a terrorist threat because of Bush. Yeah.

But wait, CBS is 'right wing'. No doubt.

Funny that danny boy mentions internet access at a public library. Maybe he's hoping someone from the forum is in the same library so they can have a little rendezous out back behind a dumpster or whatever.

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Dan's system for political thread responses:

Take first post:

Kerry flip-flops on issues.

Edit: [Kerry] flip-flops on issues.

Replace: [Bush] flip-flops on issues.

Answer: Bush flip-flops on issues.

End: Arguement won! [/Hurray]

Yonivore
10-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Now thats about as good post as you've ever made. :lol
Well, it was certainly the most intelligent post he's ever cobbled together.

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't pay attention to the terror alerts.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Dan, do you even know why Osama hates us.

Humor me.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I don't pay attention to the terror alerts.
I hope you don't live near any tall buildings Joe! :lol

Nbadan
10-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Here is a nice little round-off from Joshua Marshall (http://talkingpointsmemo.com) about the whole terror alert fiasco...

A short time ago Drudge tossed up one of his flashing sirens and soon enough he was pushing a story that ABC News was sitting on a new terror tape warning of an attack that will dwarf the horror of 9/11.

According to Drudge, the CIA is now analyzing the tape for authenticity and there are various other breathless quotes. The tape supposedly emerged in Waziristan over the weekend.

Then we hear the odd detail that the terrorist speaks in an American accent and speculation that it might be "Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman, a California native", (http://www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/gadahn.htm) who, if you look at his photo on this mug shot and flyer announcing the Bureau's interest in questioning him, looks like he probably turned to radical Islam after getting turned down for a role in Dazed and Confused or possibly Clerks.

These are difficult waters to wade into, particularly with skepticism, doubt or derision. And who knows what the story is here. But a few questions suggest themselves.

Like, since when do we even hear about 'terror warning tapes' when they don't come from the likes of bin Laden or al Zawahiri?

Questioning this stuff isn't a matter of making light of terrorism. It comes from so many people's frustration about how many ways these jokers have tried to use this stuff to divide this country and manipulate it for narrow political ends.

I half expect that by tomorrow we'll be watching a grainy video of Ken Mehlman, decked out in a phony beard a la Woody Allen in Bananas, bellowing that he and his boss OBL are about to take over America with one mammoth terror attack and institute compulsory gay marriage before forcibly converting everyone to Islam.

I can only hope that we've finally come to point where even the standard pushovers in the mainstream media are getting wise to this song and dance.

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
So he's tired of the terrorists and hates the fact that we have to take every last one of them with a camcorder seriously? If only that was his point. Predictably he blames the Bush administration, yet who was it that first ended up with that tape? ABC News.

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
So if a US citizen makes a terroristic threat we don't have to take it seriously? Just beacuse the guys not a Middle Eastern terrorist we blow him off? What if McViegh made a video describing what he was going to do and we did nothing? Domestic terrorists are still terrorists.

mouse
10-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Looks like I was ahead of my time making this topic a year ago :smokin