PDA

View Full Version : Can I kill the raccoons that keep getting into my attic..?

Mr. Peabody
09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
There is this family of raccoons that gets into my attic and I can't get rid of them. I have tried moth balls, traps, chili powder, etc., but nothing has worked. I called the city and they said that there is nothing they can do. I called pest control, but they wanted to charge me $600 to get rid of them. The bad part is that they unrinate in the attic and the odor comes through the vents when the A/C is on.

So last night, I got fed up and went to Academy to buy a high-powered pellet rifle and some game pellets. I got home and sure enough, the raccoons are on the roof making their way into the attic. The bad thing was that by the time I got the rifle out of the box and loaded, the raccoons were gone.

I fired a test shot of the rifle to make sure I was using it right and the shot sounded like a loud crack, almost like a real firearm. I started to get worried that maybe my neighbors would think I was firing a gun and call the cops. That got me thinking, if the cops did arrive, would I get in trouble for shooting at the goddam raccoons? Any thoughts.

phyzik
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
some states have protection laws for racoons, you might want to check.... but I would still probably shoot the fuckers anyway.

09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I haad the same problem with squirrels in my attic (Go ahead insert punny comments here).

Go to a farm and ranch store (TSC, Ace hardware, ets) and by one of those "Have-A-Heart" traps. Get a can of wet cat food, set the trap in the attic, trap the coon (since there's a family, you may have to do it more than once), and take it out of your neighborhood and release it. I wouldn't recommend killing the coon in the trap, as the smell of blood will most likely keep the other coons from going in int again.

johnsmith
09-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I had a coon getting under my back patio. I set out a live-trap and some food and caught the bastard. Not knowing what to do next, I got out the .357 and shot the little fucker. In retrospect, I guess getting a live trap was a waste of time.

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
do they taste better than dog?

orhe
09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
I had a coon getting under my back patio. I set out a live-trap and some food and caught the bastard. Not knowing what to do next, I got out the .357 and shot the little fucker. In retrospect, I guess getting a live trap was a waste of time.

:D that's funny

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I think you should.

You might need food if you lose your job.

v2freak
09-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Don't kill the raccoons! But do trap and release em, that's what I'd recommend. Humane traps are the way to go, and hopefully they won't come back

NorCal510
09-17-2006, 12:46 AM
fukin racoon woke me up at 3 in the morning when i heard like an opossum crying as the racoon was ripping it in half.

CharlieMac
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Coons? When raccoons tried getting on our back porch, Mama just chased them off with a broom.

Mr. Peabody
09-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I think you should.

You might need food if you lose your job.

:lol

phyzik
09-18-2006, 08:26 AM
I get to frustrated with "humane" traps... they hardly ever work as good as a few bullets flying at supersonic speeds into rodent flesh.

ORION
09-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Just dress up in a big racoon outfit and wait in the attic until it comes back. Once he sees you just say" Forget about it ! I'm working here "

CosmicCowboy
09-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Do yourself a favor and practice shooting that pellet gun before you throwdown with the coon...you are gonna have to stick one in his ear if you want a one shot kill...otherwise you may end up with a dead rotting coon in your attic.

Mr. Peabody
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Just dress up in a big racoon outfit and wait in the attic until it comes back. Once he sees you just say " Forget about it ! I'm working here "

"Forget about it ! I'm working here"

http://www.thecostumer.com/images/raccoon.jpg

ORION
09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
"Forget about it ! I'm working here"

http://www.thecostumer.com/images/raccoon.jpg
:lol :lol :lol
I love it when my great ideas come to life

Jimcs50
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
There is this family of raccoons that gets into my attic and I can't get rid of them. I have tried moth balls, traps, chili powder, etc., but nothing has worked. I called the city and they said that there is nothing they can do. I called pest control, but they wanted to charge me $600 to get rid of them. The bad part is that they unrinate in the attic and the odor comes through the vents when the A/C is on.

So last night, I got fed up and went to Academy to buy a high-powered pellet rifle and some game pellets. I got home and sure enough, the raccoons are on the roof making their way into the attic. The bad thing was that by the time I got the rifle out of the box and loaded, the raccoons were gone.

I fired a test shot of the rifle to make sure I was using it right and the shot sounded like a loud crack, almost like a real firearm. I started to get worried that maybe my neighbors would think I was firing a gun and call the cops. That got me thinking, if the cops did arrive, would I get in trouble for shooting at the goddam raccoons? Any thoughts.

Call ABC Pest control.

dirk4mvp.
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Have Tpark spend a night in your attic and they will just leave on thier own from lack of food :lmao

JK that's how you get rid of rats not coons. I posted last year a way that they will not sleep in your attic and many thought I was joking, You put an AM radio in the attic and for some reason it spooks them, If you really don't want them to come back? put the radio onthe ticket 760

bag of spinach
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Put some of me in the Attic!

George W Bush
09-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Damn coons!