PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Malik return?

freemeat
09-16-2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83cWEZkVzk

I just watched this video and immediately started looking at what the options are as far as trading for Malik to come back. I know there was a lot of talk about the team missing him when AJ decided to take on the Spurs with the small game, but what are the possibilities? Could he and Pop mend whatever problems they've had (and is it worth the risk?)?

I think if the Spurs combine the contract for Barry and Vaughn, it would work out well. I'm not too keen on giving up Barry, but I know they've been shopping his contract for a while. Of course this gains a contract that's not all that great, but it would give up one that the team signed and now feels is not good for another one that the team signed as well. I think with Finley filling in a backup role, it shouldn't be too detrimental to lose Barry (although I do love that guy). Maybe Oberto and Eric Williams...I'm not sure what the motivation is for the Knicks, but what move have they made recently that made any sense at all? Besides, it seems Malik isn't playing too much anyway, so if we can send off William's or Vaughn's expiring contract, that might provide something Dolan would bite at. It seems he's got a newly found love for improving his team, so doing this could save them about $5 mil next year (because they're over the cap).

I just think that Malik could really help with defending big men (he always did well with Shaq) and getting those rebounds the team has been missing recently.

Any other thoughts on this?

angel_luv
09-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I would take Malik back in a hearbeat but it isn't going to happen.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-16-2006, 10:17 PM
No

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-16-2006, 10:21 PM
You guys think he's better than Boner?

Kori Ellis
09-16-2006, 10:22 PM
The Spurs have enough bigmen now (I'm not saying they are all good) -- Duncan/Elson/Butler/Oberto/Horry/Bonner. There's no place for Malik here.

If the Spurs trade Barry, I'd want a young swingman back.

Big P
09-16-2006, 10:29 PM
No

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Barry+Elson=G.Wallace :smokin Although those chances are VERY low.

NorCal510
09-16-2006, 11:46 PM
nah cuh

Sense
09-17-2006, 12:05 AM
No...

v2freak
09-17-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd want him back. A lot of sports fans are myopic and are never happy. Trade trade trade

Friscospur
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
NO way in the world shoud we even discuss or contemplate MR returned. I would rather revert our name back to Dallas Chaparrals (for you history buffs) before we add malik rose to the roster.....!!!!!!!!!

ehz33satx
09-17-2006, 01:14 AM
I would much rather have Devin Brown back. Remember that awesome throw down Devin had from the Barry alley oop?

TDMVPDPOY
09-17-2006, 02:29 AM
seriously, no hahahah not with the contract still remaining

alamo50
09-17-2006, 04:22 AM
I would like him back even if it would just be for the community.

td4mvp21
09-17-2006, 08:25 AM
If he could have a season like 02-03, yeah.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Fuck no.

It has been two months, guess it was overdue for another one of these. Malik has not played good ball in over three seasons now, not sure why anyone wants him back who cares about winning games.

phyzik
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
as much as I like Malik, Id have to unfortunately say no.... He just cant produce for the team the way it currently is setup.

MajorMike
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
No. We have said our goodbyes. We have cheered when Larry lets him start here. We have all come to peace with the whole thing. Truth be told, Malik wouldn't fit in anymore and I don't believe he can play like he once did. He's a shiny icon here now, no reason to tarnish the memories we have of him by bringing him back and seeing him fail.

cheguevara
09-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Malik has been finished for along time now

bdictjames
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I did that on NBA Live 06.. I traded him off for a first-round pick because he wasn't effective. He's too short for a Center and too heavy for a Small Forward. He aint going to the PF position because I cant let go of Duncan too.

wildbill2u
09-18-2006, 12:13 PM
This 'trade to get Malik back' thing has got more lives than the guy from Halloween. Can't someone drive a stake through it's heart?

Nice guy. We'll all be glad to see him come back to retire here. Emphasis on the 'retire' without playing here again.

AdmiralMVP
09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83cWEZkVzk

I just watched this video and immediately started looking at what the options are as far as trading for Malik to come back. I know there was a lot of talk about the team missing him when AJ decided to take on the Spurs with the small game, but what are the possibilities? Could he and Pop mend whatever problems they've had (and is it worth the risk?)?

I think if the Spurs combine the contract for Barry and Vaughn, it would work out well. I'm not too keen on giving up Barry, but I know they've been shopping his contract for a while. Of course this gains a contract that's not all that great, but it would give up one that the team signed and now feels is not good for another one that the team signed as well. I think with Finley filling in a backup role, it shouldn't be too detrimental to lose Barry (although I do love that guy). Maybe Oberto and Eric Williams...I'm not sure what the motivation is for the Knicks, but what move have they made recently that made any sense at all? Besides, it seems Malik isn't playing too much anyway, so if we can send off William's or Vaughn's expiring contract, that might provide something Dolan would bite at. It seems he's got a newly found love for improving his team, so doing this could save them about $5 mil next year (because they're over the cap).

I just think that Malik could really help with defending big men (he always did well with Shaq) and getting those rebounds the team has been missing recently.

Any other thoughts on this?

I'd take him back in a heartbeat if he agreed to restructure his bloated contract. Didn't we sign him for, like, $31,000,000 over 6 years? A bench player isn't worth that.

bigdog
09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
seriously, no hahahah not with the contract still remaining

this will be the last year in that contract

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Don Harris is an amazing vantriliquist

Marcus Bryant
09-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Nah. Come home Rasho.

ducks
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I would like rose of 99 back

angel_luv
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Nah. Come home Rasho.

That too. :)

Toronto is too smart to let him leave though.

milkyway21
09-22-2006, 12:06 AM
we saw this team signed benchwarmers such as Menke Batteer before, Wilks saw the fewest minutes on the floor and Kiwi, not to mention some other veterans just to give support to our guys on the floor. I can't close door on Malik's return and retire a Spur someday. We all know how hardworker he was, come on :D

BIG IRISH
09-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Not until his contract expires and than only to fill out the roster and for only the minimum.

What I really want is no more malik threads. :blah :blah :blah

BeerIsGood!
09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
He'll restructure the contract the day I win the Lottery.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-22-2006, 12:31 AM
I would like rose of 99 back
:tu agreed.