PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah, the left is going nuts...

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1027042harris1.html

Katherine Harris's Car Trouble
Cops: Florida man tried to run down controversial Republican

OCTOBER 27--A Florida man has been charged with attempting to run over controversial Republican congresswoman Katherine Harris with his Cadillac. According to the below Sarasota Police Department report, Barry Seltzer, 46, told cops that he was simply exercising his "political expression" (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1027042harris2.html) when he drove his car at Harris and several supporters, who were campaigning last night at a Sarasota intersection. Seltzer--pictured at right in a booking photo--allegedly drove up on a sidewalk and headed directly for Harris before swerving "at the last minute." Harris told officers that "she was afraid for her life and could not move as the vehicle approached her," according to the report. For his part, Seltzer--who's a registered Democrat--told cops, "I intimidated them with the car. They were standing in the street." He added, "I did not run them down, I scared them a little!" That explanation did not stop investigators from arresting Seltzer for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a felony. Harris, Florida's former secretary of state, is best known for her role in the aftermath of the state's disastrous 2000 presidential election. (3 pages)

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041027/ap_on_re_us/harris_assault

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041027/capt.mh10110271647.harris_assault_mh101.jpg
Barry Seltzer, 46, seen in this Oct. 26, 2004 police photo. Seltzer was charged Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2004, with aggravated assualt after he was accused of trying to run down U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris and a group of supporters in Sarasota, Fla., Tuesday night, Oct. 26, 2004. (AP Photo/Sarasota Sheriff Department)

Man Accused of Trying to Run Down Harris

1 hour, 12 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

SARASOTA, Fla. - A man was arrested Wednesday after he was accused of trying to run down Rep. Katherine Harris (news, bio, voting record) and a group of supporters with his car.

Witnesses said a silver Cadillac sped through an intersection and swerved onto the sidewalk. The car headed straight toward Harris before swerving at the last minute and driving off, according to police.

Harris told police she feared for her life and could not move as the vehicle sped toward her, police records show.

Witnesses gave the car's license plate number to police, and they tracked it to Barry M. Seltzer, 46. He came to the police station early Wednesday and complained to officers that Harris' supporters had impeded traffic.

"I intimidated them with my car," Seltzer told police. "I was exercising my political expression."

He was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and held without bond. He was scheduled for his first court appearance Thursday.

Calls to Seltzer's home and to Harris' campaign secretary were not immediately returned.

Harris, a Sarasota Republican, is seeking a second congressional term after serving as Florida's secretary of state during the controversial 2000 presidential recount.

She has been a rising star in the GOP and the bane of Democrats since overseeing the recount that gave Florida and the presidency to George W. Bush by 537 votes.

She used momentum from the recount to win the congressional seat in 2002 and is seeking re-election against Sarasota lawyer Jan Schneider, who lost to Harris two years ago.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Thats whats wrong with America today. I'm not saying that hostilities didn't exist when I was younger. It's just that back then, we settled things with our fists and today you don't think twice about pulling out a gun or running someone down with a car. Life is just as precious today as it used to be. We cannot allow lunatics to exist in our society today. Throw the book at "em. No one is above the law be they Democrat or Republican.

mouse
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Give that man a Medal :lmao

CommanderMcBragg
10-27-2004, 01:48 PM
What a numbskull.