PDA

View Full Version : 'Free speech for me, but not for thee'

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=26517

Woman Arrested For Stealing Signs Speaks Out

By Maria Tsataros
First Coast News

FRUIT COVE, FL -- Fabiola Armitage is back on television, only instead of a campaign ad the focus has been on her mugshot.

Armitage is a Kerry supporter and a strong believer in stem cell research. She's featured in an advertisement urging Floridians to vote against Amendment 3 on this year's ballot. The amendment would cap how much money a lawyer can make from a medical malpractice lawsuit.

St. Johns County Sheriff Deputies arrested Armitage for grand theft and battery this week. They say she had 78 campaign signs supporting George Bush and Mel Martinez in her trunk. Armitage tells First Coast News that she "was told by code enforcement that would be okay, to pick them off, to remove them from the right-of-way."

James Acosta, head of St. Johns County enforcement says that Armitage was "advised not to collect the campaign signs. We asked that she notify us of the area and we would send a crew to pick them up."

Armitage says she saw hundreds of Bush/Cheney signs illegally placed on State Road 13 and along Race Track Road. She admits to collecting as many as she could, saying she didn't know what to do with them and that "I thought it was okay to keep them."

James Acosta says keeping the signs is illegal.

Armitage was released from the St. Johns County Jail this morning. She's charged with grand theft for having those signs. She's also charged with battery after a woman who confronted Armitage about taking the signs claimed Armitage opened her car door and hit the woman in the back.

Created: 10/26/2004 7:40:29 PM
Updated: 10/26/2004 9:09:20 PM
Edited by Christian Bahr, Producer

© 2004 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Stupid broad should be deported to Mars.

CommanderMcBragg
10-27-2004, 01:56 PM
She is in the wrong. period.

But don't think for a minute that there aren't republicans doing the same thing.

Spurminator
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I've never understood election signs, particularly for Presidential candidates. Everyone knows who's running. Is the idea to influence people's vote? Does anyone drive around thinking, "Wow, I sure see a lot of Bush/Cheney signs... That must be the ticket I should vote for." Is the idea simply to show off whom you support, like a college bumper sticker, as though people care? I don't get it.

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 02:51 PM
To encite people to drive up on your lawn to mow them down. :nerd

CosmicCowboy
10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
this is a true story...

when I was in high school my dad was friends with a guy runing for county commissioner...his opponent had kids that went to school with me...we weren't friends but I knew who they were...

my dad had a huge sign on the corner of our lot made out of 4' X 8' plywood advertising for his friend...and almost every night the sign would be knocked down...and every day he would put it back up...this went on for a week or so and finally tripped the old man right over the edge...

he rigged a low voltage mercury "tilt" switch on the back of the sign wired to a buzzer in his bedroom...when the buzzer went off that night about 1 o'clock he leaned out the window with his shotgun loaded with birdshot and busted the guy right on the ass...it was too far to be even remotely lethal but close enough to penetrate the skin...

the next day at school I was barely out of the car before I had friends coming up to me and asking "is it true?"...I was like..WTF?...WHATS true?

turns out it was the other candidates son who was out knocking down signs...and he ended up in the emergency room the night before getting birdshot picked out of his ass...LMAO!

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Is the idea simply to show off whom you support, like a college bumper sticker,

That would be it.

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 03:16 PM
he rigged a low voltage mercury "tilt" switch on the back of the sign wired to a buzzer in his bedroom...when the buzzer went off that night about 1 o'clock he leaned out the window with his shotgun loaded with birdshot and busted the guy right on the ass...it was too far to be even remotely lethal but close enough to penetrate the skin...

Your dad was Tim Taylor? :wtf

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 03:20 PM

That reminds me. I was at a Mardi Gras celebration and was standing on the roof of a bar with some friends. The street was crowded below and we had a fair amount of beads :). Anyways one femme opted for a novel way of earning her beads and instead of showing us what was under the front of her top she opted to show us what was underneath the back of her bottom. Turns out it was a G-string covering a rather large ivory target. Sure enough someone took a shot and hit the bullseye with a smack that resonated loud enough to be heard up on the rooftop. Barkeep, another round...

ClintSquint
10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
http://www.darryl.com/badges/madre7.jpg
"Signs, we don't need no stinkin' signs."

CosmicCowboy
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Your dad was Tim Taylor?

hmmmm...I didn't get that one...you mean like in Tim the toolman?...did he do that in a show?

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
N/M, CC....I was entertaining myself. :)

10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
N/M, CC....I was entertaining myself. :)

Lets see......which one to use.....

Keep it up and you'll go blind

Nah

Keep it up and you'll be needing stronger reading glasses

Nope

Guess I should go buy stock in Energizer

Un Uh

Better watch it or your carpal tunnel will be acting up again

Ah screw it.

Carry on...

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.carpalproducts.com/Image4.gif

CosmicCowboy
10-27-2004, 03:38 PM
That reminds me. I was at a Mardi Gras celebration and was standing on the roof of a bar with some friends. The street was crowded below and we had a fair amount of beads . Anyways one femme opted for a novel way of earning her beads and instead of showing us what was under the front of her top she opted to show us what was underneath the back of her bottom. Turns out it was a G-string covering a rather large ivory target. Sure enough someone took a shot and hit the bullseye with a smack that resonated loud enough to be heard up on the rooftop. Barkeep, another round...

OMG...and that reminds me of ANOTHER one...I probably shouldn't tell this one hehehe

I flew into Saskatchewan one time to go on a week long hunting trip waaaay up north in the backwoods...we had to spend the night in the hotel before leaving the next morning to go up there...we had already had dinner so decided to go prowl around the town...and ended up in a strip club...the first shock was that the women were actually pretty good loking and the second shock was that they didn't stop at the g-string...and the third shock was that nobody spent any money tipping...these girls in SA or houston would have a hundred dollars in tips by the time they were finished dancing but up there nobody tipped like that...it was mostly toothless loggers in flannel shirts...anyway...apparently the way they got their tips up there was when they were finished dancing they would sit on the stage floor and spread their legs and the guys would come up to the stage and throw CHANGE at their snatch...LMAO...

We were sitting in the back slamming beers and I was like...DAMN...I gotta try that!..hehehe...she was about 8 feet away and I put the quarter on edge and thumped it with my index finger like I was shooting a field goal with a paper football...and HOLY SHIT...it was a direct Clit-hit and she jumped like she had been electrocuted...damn...All the loggers cheered but I was mortified and tipped her a $20...LMAO

Useruser666
10-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I'll take a role of half dollars please!

Yonivore
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
She is in the wrong. period.

But don't think for a minute that there aren't republicans doing the same thing.
Is that the standard bullshit answer of the month, or what?

Yeah, we're doing it...but, so are Republicans.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm trying to recall the last story of Republicans bum rushing a Kerry campaign office I've heard or read about. Drawing a blank here.

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 04:50 PM
I've seen Kerry signs that have been trashed.

Come on man..do you guys really think that all republicans are "innocent" of any horse play?

I'm not happy about this kind of crap at all and there ARE left-wing whacko's out there but damn, can't you at least admit that it goes both ways?

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 04:54 PM
and just for the record:

Kerry signs stolen.. (http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=2963)

In Florida too.. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1198205/posts)

What? Kerry signs stolen?.. (http://www.lakeoswegoreview.com/article/4592)

It happens..

Shelly
10-27-2004, 04:54 PM
.it was mostly toothless loggers in flannel shirts

Maybe they were related to RG lady?????

Boy, CC...you really have a way with the wimmen.... :lol

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 04:57 PM
CC like 'em toothless. :eyebrows

Yonivore
10-27-2004, 05:01 PM
I've seen Kerry signs that have been trashed.

Come on man..do you guys really think that all republicans are "innocent" of any horse play?

I'm not happy about this kind of crap at all and there ARE left-wing whacko's out there but damn, can't you at least admit that it goes both ways?
Hey, it was their election playbook that said, "if you don't witness intimidation or fraud just make shit up..."

Maybe Kerry people are trashing their own signs.

CosmicCowboy
10-27-2004, 05:06 PM
*sigh*...I knew you ladies would jump on that one...

it was the CLIENTS that were mostly toothless...the WOMEN were actually very good looking...

Boy, CC...you really have a way with the wimmen....

hehehe well I damn sure knew where the target was...:eyebrows

Shelly
10-27-2004, 05:10 PM
*sigh*...I knew you ladies would jump on that one...

it was the CLIENTS that were mostly toothless...the WOMEN were actually very good looking...

hehehe well I damn sure knew where the target was...:eyebrows

coughyeahrightcough
:spin

CrazyOne
10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Sounds like you were up in HeyKim's territory with the toothless guys in flannel...

JoeChalupa
10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
"You can't handle the tooth!!"

exstatic
10-27-2004, 05:50 PM
To encite people to drive up on your lawn to mow them down.

I'd be OK if they drove up and mowed my lawn.

SpursWoman
10-27-2004, 06:29 PM
No shit. :lol :lol

"Couldja hang a little till from your bumper? Thanks."