PDA

View Full Version : Can Mavs and Spurs fans try and get along this season?

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Think it's time to turn over a new leaf. Ok to pull for your respective teams but this is only basketball afterall....more important things in life. GO MAVS and GO SPURS!!!! :elephant

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I say yay but I guarantee others will say nay.

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I say yay but I guarantee others will say nay.

That's the way to go about it. Can we even agree to get along with Rocket fans or is that too much? lol Guess it's possible....GO MAVS and GO SPURS and GO ROCKETS!!!! :elephant

themvp
09-17-2006, 11:54 AM
I donīt think so...
There must be rivality and its more fun to watch Spurs-Mavs games.

And btw: Mavs sucks.

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I donīt think so...
There must be rivality and its more fun to watch Spurs-Mavs games.

And btw: Mavs sucks.

:depressed come on man...you know deep down you don't feel that way...where's the love :spin

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Go Dallas, Go NO, Go Memphis, Go PHX, Go Clippers, Go Lakers, Go SAC, Go Golden State, Go Houston, Go MIA, Go Orlando, Go Charlotte, Go ATL, Go Washington,Go MIL, Go Pacers, Go NJ, Go Detroit, Go Cleveland, Go Philly, Go BOS, Go NY, Go Toronto, Go Chicago, Go Denver, Go Utah, Go SEA, Go Minnesota, Go Portland.

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Go Dallas, Go NO, Go Memphis, Go PHX, Go Clippers, Go Lakers, Go SAC, Go Golden State, Go Houston, Go MIA, Go Orlando, Go Charlotte, Go ATL, Go Washington,Go MIL, Go Pacers, Go NJ, Go Detroit, Go Cleveland, Go Philly, Go BOS, Go NY, Go Toronto, Go Chicago, Go Denver, Go Utah, Go SEA, Go Minnesota, Go Portland.

There you go...this way we're all winners!!!! :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
09-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Think it's time to turn over a new leaf. Ok to pull for your respective teams but this is only basketball afterall....more important things in life. GO MAVS and GO SPURS!!!! :elephant

If Shaggy's dumbass bullshit posts come to an end then that is a realistic possibility! :drunk :drunk

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 03:40 PM
There you go...this way we're all winners!!!! :elephant

Ummm, I forgot someone.

TDMVPDPOY
09-17-2006, 03:53 PM
yawns

spurs=bling
09-17-2006, 04:24 PM
nope

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 04:51 PM
nope

Awww come on....don't be a party pooper....Duncan and Dirk are going to be the best of buds :elephant

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Awww come on....don't be a party pooper....Duncan and Dirk are going to be the best of buds :elephant

Diop's jersey and Duncan's hand are in love.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
dirk4mvp, mavsfan1000, Amarelooms, BUMP

The thread is dominated by Mav's fans :elephant

mavsfan1000
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'm cool with the spurs but don't know if the spurs fans are cool about the mavs.

spurs=bling
09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
nope my uncle is a mavs fan and that is the only person i try to get along with when it comes to basketball.

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
So basically, you are asking us not to talk trash, knowing that the Spurs will own the Mavs this year. Nice try, way to think in advance, but no.

Mavs suck.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
So basically, you are asking us not to talk trash, knowing that the Spurs will own the Mavs this year. Nice try, way to think in advance, but no.

Mavs suck.

Isn't that what Spurs fans said last year? :lmao

baseline bum
09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Hell no. Fuck those choking bitches.

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 05:24 PM

You're not helping matters :angel

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 05:43 PM

I love your user title. Who'd you lose a bet to? :lmao

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Mavs suck.

Knowing that the Spurs will own the Mavs this year? LMAO :lmao Nice try Wally boy, but that's not how it's gonna go down. I see mavs winning the season series 3-1 and winning in 7 again if they meet in the playoffs.

And while we're on the subject of Spur fans.......I got something for you guys.

:flipoff

MaNuMaNiAc
09-17-2006, 06:31 PM
me thinks someone is trying to patch things up to get their own forum :lmao

Amarelooms
09-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Knowing that the Spurs will own the Mavs this year? LMAO :lmao Nice try Wally boy, but that's not how it's gonna go down. I see mavs winning the season series 3-1 and winning in 7 again if they meet in the playoffs.

Ummm you're not helping either....play nice. May the best team win....hopefully one of the Texas teams will make it to the finals again :elephant

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 07:02 PM
me thinks someone is trying to patch things up to get their own forum :lmao

Why the hell would we need our own forum? We already have dallasbasketball.com and dallas-mavs.com, both are really active. The kingsfans here had special circumstances to need their own board, we don't.

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
If their is one thing i've learned, it's that Spur fans and Mav fans will never be able to get along. But I'll continue to try, even though i'm not gonna say any names. Some people are just ignorant and impossible to get along with. Cough...Shaggy17.....Cough.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Stop kissing ass, Amarelooms

mavsfan1000
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Well I guess mavs and spurs fans are incapable of getting along. Good try though Amarelooms.

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Well I guess mavs and spurs fans are incapable of getting along. Good try though Amarelooms.

Well you should know better after all the shit we endured during the playoffs. Actually most of them treat you nice back if you are nice to them but about half of them are just assholes once the season starts.

Drachen
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Why the hell would we need our own forum? We already have dallasbasketball.com and dallas-mavs.com, both are really active. The kingsfans here had special circumstances to need their own board, we don't.

Why did they and the pistons get their own board by the way? I was away for awhile and came back and now we are supporting those "other" teams. Please someone enlighten me.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-17-2006, 08:52 PM
It's not going to happen. Hell, just look at the Pistons fans here. It's a regular love fest around here until the Spurs actually play them, then it gets just as nasty. With the Mavs you get the same thing except they play four times a year, will spend the entire year being compared by the talking heads at the sports networks, and are likely to collide in the playoffs. There's just too many places for friction to occur.

Leetonidas
09-17-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't care who you support really. Like I get along fine with dirk4mvp, but if you don't STFU and quit talking smack, it becomes a problem. Of course I hate Dallas, but not all of their fans are all alike.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't care who you support really. Like I get along fine with dirk4mvp, but if you don't STFU and quit talking smack, it becomes a problem. Of course I hate Dallas, but not all of their fans are all alike.

cool :tu

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM

It's the same way with me. I get along with most of posters on the board, with the exception of a few people who don't know basketball from soccer.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2006, 09:16 PM
It's the same way with me. I get along with most of posters on the board, with the exception of a few people who don't know basketball from soccer.

Why don't you just say Shaggy?

mavs>spurs2
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Why don't you just say Shaggy?

Because that might attract his attention, and we don't want that.

phyzik
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM

sign of weakness? I think you know its inevitable that Mavs are gonna get tore up this year by the Spurs. NO MERCY!!!

P.S. just a rivalry thing, I dont really hate the Mavericks. Though I wish Cuban would choke himself to death.

ponky
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
haha, a big F!!!!! to that...the only spurs fans getting immunity are my bf's niece and nephew (although one of them ditched the spurs after last season) and my dad who will be going to mavs games with me...i WILL convert him because he's only a lukewarm supporter of the spurs, he's never been to any NBA games...i do like the Rockets though

besides, it's fun for both sides to talk smack

dav4463
09-18-2006, 01:31 AM
If the Mavericks played the Taliban, I would root for the Taliban ! I live in Denton among Maverick fans and they are impossible to get along with ! They have Mark Cuban inserted so far up their rear ends that you cannot possibly have any respect for them. Go Spurs !!!

Dirk Nowitzki
09-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Because that might attract his attention, and we don't want that.
:madrun :pctoss :pctoss I cant stand his ass coming into threads and ruining them. I want to read nice basketball convos/debates and he comes along and fucking ruins them with his bullshit! He spews his hate on the Mavs and why Kobe is such a great teamate or why the Suns deserved to get their dicks sucked! Can spurs fans try telling him to get his head out of his ass and stop disgracing/embarrassing them??? It isnt just me getting sick of his shit but so many other fans from other teams along with even Spurs fans as well!

shaggy17
09-18-2006, 02:04 AM
If their is one thing i've learned, it's that Spur fans and Mav fans will never be able to get along. But I'll continue to try, even though i'm not gonna say any names. Some people are just ignorant and impossible to get along with. Cough...Shaggy17.....Cough.

Fair enough :tu :tu :lol I also love your indirect disses along the bad blood that is here but it's probably going to really die down for me after we get bitchslapped for the 2nd straight year in a row by Dirk and company. They know what it takes to beat us and they have it in them to do it again. I wont lie tho your cheerleaders make me want to convert to being a mavs fan! :drunk :drunk

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 06:27 AM
eat shit and die (mavs fans).

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 06:39 AM
eat shit and die (mavs fans).

stop bitching about refs and living off history (Spurs fans)

George Gervin's Afro
09-18-2006, 06:47 AM

speaking of team history how's that lone banner in the AAC center? I have really learned to hate the mavs. I would rather root for Nort Korea than root for the mavs..

jn77
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I am a huge Spurs fan! I have some very good friends that are Mavs Fans. It is possible to get along. Here are some tips:

1) Don't listen to anything Cuban Says.
2) Don't watch anything Cuban Does.
3) Don't whine about officiating, bad calls go both ways.
4) Try to appreciate good basketball whoever is playing it.

Passion is a great thing. It is why I love sports. Why I love my Long Horns, and my Spurs. I understand Rivalries, but hating opposing fans just because they root for a different team. :rolleyes I root for my spurs when they play the Mavs, I boo Dallas, I even talk a little smack, but it is basketball smack. Not "yo mama jokes." Good lock to both teams this year. But above all: GO SPURS GO! :flag:

cheguevara
09-18-2006, 10:33 AM
let's face it 90% of Mav fans hate either Duncan, Manu or Parker, or all of them. I ain't gonna get along with such haters. fuck em

on the other hand, I hate gay ass Stackhousea and Terry, as long as they are playing for Mavs, I will wish only losses for that team.

LuvBones
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
:lol Mavs and Spurs fans can't even get along in this thread let alone for a whole season.

mavs>spurs2
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
speaking of team history how's that lone banner in the AAC center? I have really learned to hate the mavs. I would rather root for Nort Korea than root for the mavs..

Terrorist! Spur fans are terrorists!!!!

jn77
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Terrorists? maybe I should hate the mavs fans for saying dumb shit like that. Are there any Mavs fans who actually know anything about basketball, or do you all just blindly follow Cuban's lead? There are idiots on both sides, but I have yet to talk to an intellegent Mavs fan on this, or any, site. Let's stop talking stupid and start talking basketball! Season is just around the corner!

dirk4mvp
09-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Terrorists? maybe I should hate the mavs fans for saying dumb shit like that. Are there any Mavs fans who actually know anything about basketball, or do you all just blindly follow Cuban's lead? There are idiots on both sides, but I have yet to talk to an intellegent Mavs fan on this, or any, site. Let's stop talking stupid and start talking basketball! Season is just around the corner!

Or maybe the Spur fan is stupid shit for saying he'd rather root for Korea than the Mavs. Let's be serious guy.

Emily Rose
09-18-2006, 04:45 PM
What would be the point of the I-35 Rivalry if we didnt hate each other?? :spin The hate/shittalking/fueds/debates/bad blood etc etc is what makes this so much fun. As long as we RESPECT each other as fans and give credit where it is due, that is all that really matters in a heated rivalry.

jn77
09-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Agreed emily. respect eachother as fans and have fun with the rivalry. I look forward to every mavs/ Spurs game this season! GO SPURS Go

NBA Junkie
09-19-2006, 01:42 AM
If Mavs and Spurs fans can actually co-exist, It'll all end the night of November 2nd after the opening jump ball!

Hook Dem
09-19-2006, 09:10 AM

Now......thats more like it!

MosesGuthrie
09-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Its all about respect. Sadly some on both sides choose to be children and not show respect.

Im curious...how come when Spurs fans complain about refs (Series against Dallas) its "bitching" but when Mavs fans make THE SAME COMPLAINTS (Finals) its justified?

ponky
09-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Its all about respect. Sadly some on both sides choose to be children and not show respect.

Im curious...how come when Spurs fans complain about refs (Series against Dallas) its "bitching" but when Mavs fans make THE SAME COMPLAINTS (Finals) its justified?

For me, I hate ref bitching period...doesn't matter if you're a Spurs fan or a Mavs fan, I can't stand excuses. We all know what the refs are like, just deal. My bf is a huge whiner when it comes to refs and I just leave the room and watch the game in the study because I may be irritated by refs from time to time but I will never actually place the blame for a loss on them.

mavs>spurs2
09-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Dude calm down, everyone else knows I was joking.

mavsfan1000
09-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Dude calm down, everyone else knows I was joking.
You should put a smiley next to a joke you do next time. Even if it's funnier without one that it's hard to tell humor on the internet without one at times.

MosesGuthrie
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
For me, I hate ref bitching period...doesn't matter if you're a Spurs fan or a Mavs fan, I can't stand excuses. We all know what the refs are like, just deal. My bf is a huge whiner when it comes to refs and I just leave the room and watch the game in the study because I may be irritated by refs from time to time but I will never actually place the blame for a loss on them.

Well said. Nice post.

mavsfan1000
09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Well I guess it makes loses easier to take but you are being naive if you don't think the refs can effect the outcome of a game.

MosesGuthrie
09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
In the end, wins and losses are up to the players. Referees can affect the flow of the game but ultimately the players performances will decide the outcome.

TheSanityAnnex
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Fuck both of ya'll.

Sactown bitch.

zero signal
09-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Fuck both of ya'll.

Sactown bitch.

This is turning into a realgm thread. :lmao