PDA

View Full Version : No Country For Old Men

09-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Just finished the book over lunch (After reading about 3/4 of it until midnight last night). The only other McCarthy book I've read was "All The Pretty Horses", so I don't have much to compare it to, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book and McCarthy's writing style. After going on Amazon to see when his latest "The Road" will be out, I read where the Coen brothers are bringing No Country to the big screen with Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson and Josh Brolin due out in 2007.

It'll be interesting to see how the Coen brothers handle the book, I would have thought it would have been up Tarentino or Rodriguez's alley.

Drive Like Jehu
09-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Watch Blood Simple and you may be more excited about the Coen brothers involvement.

09-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Blood Simple? I'll have to check it out.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Just started reading Making the Corps by Thomas Ricks. Blood Dominion and No Country For Old Men are up next.

leemajors
09-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Just finished the book over lunch (After reading about 3/4 of it until midnight last night). The only other McCarthy book I've read was "All The Pretty Horses", so I don't have much to compare it to, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book and McCarthy's writing style. After going on Amazon to see when his latest "The Road" will be out, I read where the Coen brothers are bringing No Country to the big screen with Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson and Josh Brolin due out in 2007.

It'll be interesting to see how the Coen brothers handle the book, I would have thought it would have been up Tarentino or Rodriguez's alley.

i'm expecting way more quality with Coens attached than rodriguez or tarantino , even though their last 2 movies have been somewhat lacking. blood simple was fantastic - especially for their first movie. i saw a screening of it at the paramount in austin a few years ago where the coens and m. emmet walsh were there - they had the coolest q/a afterwards. people asked all these "deep" questions about the movie and the coens kinda dismissed them - "nope, it wasn't about that" etc etc.