PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football Replay...time to ditch?

johngateswhiteley
09-20-2006, 03:32 AM
1. OU got screwed in Oregon
2. LSU could have EASILY beaten Auburn in Auburn
3. BYU could have beaten Boston College

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9671006

btw, the last line of the article is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-20-2006, 09:02 AM
4. Texas State vs. University of Stabbed Punters

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/mbd007m/no-touchdown-huh.gif

Apparently, he was called out at the 4-yard-line.

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 09:21 AM

Apparently, he was called out at the 4-yard-line.Looks good to me too, but did they score afterwards?

johngateswhiteley
09-20-2006, 09:49 AM
...i don't understand how these people can review plays and still miss it. what in the world is going on?

tlongII
09-20-2006, 09:52 AM
In the Ducks game the replay official apparently did not get the same video feed that network television had. I don't why, but that's the story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Looks good to me too, but did they score afterwards?

Nope.

Stan Zwinggi fumbled on the goalline.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
In the Ducks game the replay official apparently did not get the same video feed that network television had. I don't why, but that's the story.

Methinks the Pac-10 should put a little more money into the replay system (as should all of college football).

Hell, give the replay guy a chance to look at the TV in the press box, I'm certain they showed it over and over on the broadcast.

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Methinks the Pac-10 should put a little more money into the replay system (as should all of college football).

Hell, give the replay guy a chance to look at the TV in the press box, I'm certain they showed it over and over on the broadcast.True. They should get a view from all angles, so they get a chance to see and make the right call.

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Nope.

Stan Zwinggi fumbled on the goalline.So then they did not review that play? I can understand missing a call in live action, but after a review is ridiculous.

Extra Stout
09-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I like the argument in that article. "Eliminate replay so that it's not quite so obvious the officials are fixing games." :lmao

Extra Stout
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
...i don't understand how these people can review plays and still miss it. what in the world is going on?
There's a lot of BCS money on the line for top-tier teams. :spin

Horry For 3!
09-20-2006, 01:40 PM

Apparently, he was called out at the 4-yard-line.
That wasn't even close to being out :lmao

Brutalis
09-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Pac-10 and that ref are liars. I bet anything their replay system is not so old as they claim.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-20-2006, 06:08 PM

Then Oregon is in violation of NCAA rules, because the replay official is supposed to have access to every single video feed in the stadium.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Something mentioned in the Oklahoma Morning News i did not think about...apparently the ref said that TV producers were "pressuring him to make a quick decision" add this on top of the fact that he did not have the viewing angles we at home saw (for some GODLESS reason) and you figure the ref is not totally at fault.

still a total blunder

THE SIXTH MAN
09-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Hell no, just invest more money in to it and thoroughly train the officials on it. And also provide the same feed that the people at home can see.

Holmes_Fans
09-23-2006, 09:47 AM
They were talking about this on gameday. Their is some kind of advanced replay system that all the conference except the Big 12 and Pac-10 use. It's the very best there is and neither conference use it.

I think they should go to a system like the NFL where the onfield ref gets to look at the replay, but still have an official that decides what plays to review. They should also do what Kirk Herbstreit said and make all booth replay officials universal. Yhey should work for the NCAA, not certain conferences.

johngateswhiteley
09-23-2006, 10:29 AM
They were talking about this on gameday. Their is some kind of advanced replay system that all the conference except the Big 12 and Pac-10 use. It's the very best there is and neither conference use it.

I think they should go to a system like the NFL where the onfield ref gets to look at the replay, but still have an official that decides what plays to review. They should also do what Kirk Herbstreit said and make all booth replay officials universal. Yhey should work for the NCAA, not certain conferences.

...i saw that too and i agree.

MajorMike
09-26-2006, 07:39 AM
The C-USA replay official that replayed the "forward progress" fumble of a Houston WR against OSU has been suspended. Forward Progress is not reviewable, however the replay official said it was. The Fumble was overturned and Houston threw a hail mary touchdown on the next play with 3 secs to go til halftime.