PDA

View Full Version : She said Yes.....

Mixability
09-20-2006, 10:43 AM
So it's official, I'm am now engaged.

:)

The wedding is still a year or so away, but we still have a lot of planning to do.

:spin

MannyIsGod
09-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Right on dude! Congrats.

How did it go down?

midgetonadonkey
09-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Dead man walking!

midgetonadonkey
09-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Just playing. Congrats.

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 10:49 AM
So it's official, My life of fun is over.
Fixed it.

J/K

congrats man, the fun is just begining

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Now the question comes.

Will you have strippers at your bachelor party?

katyon6th
09-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Congrats, Danyo! What ring did you finally decide on?

Mixability
09-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh yeah, the details......

It was our anniversary on Monday, she was expecting a fancy dinner. I had dropped fake hints by mentioning we should go to the Tower or downtown, etc. All the while, I had a private theatre rented out to play her favorite movie, Pretty Woman, which she was too young to see when it was first run in theatres. So I drove around in circles to confuse her, but finally I took her to the theatre.

After the movie, the credits rolled, as we got up to leave, the projectionist faded in a personal slideshow that I had made synced up to a song I had picked out. It highligted our relationship together along with pictures of our son. At the end of the slideshow, the question was popped. When she accepted my proposal, I told her to turn around and show the ring to our Moms. She was surprised to find out that they were there too to share the moment.

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Hooray! Congratulations Danyo! Better get cracking on those wedding plans.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Congrats, Danyo! What ring did you finally decide on?

I'm extremely picky and sometimes too romantic with the details. We're always joking about how we always have to make reservations for 2 1/2 when we go out, because of our son.

So I got her a 2 1/2 carat diamond ring from Helzberg. :fro

midgetonadonkey
09-20-2006, 10:59 AM

It was our anniversary on Monday, she was expecting a fancy dinner. I had dropped fake hints by mentioning we should go to the Tower or downtown, etc. All the while, I had a private theatre rented out to play her favorite movie, Pretty Woman, which she was too young to see when it was first run in theatres. So I drove around in circles to confuse her, but finally I took her to the theatre.

After the movie, the credits rolled, as we got up to leave, the projectionist faded in a personal slideshow that I had made synced up to a song I had picked out. It highligted our relationship together along with pictures of our son. At the end of the slideshow, the question was popped. When she accepted my proposal, I told her to turn around and show the ring to our Moms. She was surprised to find out that they were there too to share the moment.

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

God damn dude. That is a nice fucking proposal.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Just playing. Congrats.

Thanks man.

But yeah, I'm getting used to comments from the vatos. :lol

leemajors
congrats!

MannyIsGod
Hooooooooooooooly shit. Can someone delete this thread and ban Danyo? Any guy who has a girlfriend/wife who posts here cannot have them reading this thread.

What the hell are you trying to do to us man?

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Now the question comes.

Will you have strippers at your bachelor party?

She told everyone she didn't care if I had strippers. I'll have the strippers out of respect for my groomsmen. :lol

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Better get cracking on those wedding plans.

Yeah, from what I heard, its NEVER too early to start planning. :depressed

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Hooooooooooooooly shit. Can someone delete this thread and ban Danyo? Any guy who has a girlfriend/wife who posts here cannot have them reading this thread.

As I said, forgive me.....

:lmao

Melmart1
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM

No shit. Any woman who reads this now is going to compare her proposal to this one. I have been proposed to once and now I am dissapointed he didn't put more effort into it :lol

SpursWoman
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

That is fantastic! Wow!

Congratulations! :elephant :elephant :elephant

tlongII
09-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Congrats Danyo!

I just hope you didn't serenade her by scratching a turntable! :lol

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I just hope you didn't serenade her by scratching a turntable! :lol

Damn, I never thought of that.........

Then I could've proposed with a gold ring that covered four of her fingers that said, "TAKEN".

:lol

MannyIsGod
09-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if/when I propose I'm going to rent the fucking Space Shuttle and have the East Coast form a lighting pattern that says "Will You Marry Me?" so that I can be on par with Danyo.

Damn dude, you suck. :lol

katyon6th
09-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Ooooh, how romantical!

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, if/when I propose I'm going to rent the fucking Space Shuttle and have the East Coast form a lighting pattern that says "Will You Marry Me?" so that I can be on par with Danyo.

Damn dude, you suck. :lolNoone will ever post their proposal again. The bar is too high now.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Damn dude, you suck. :lol

Damn, I should have just taken her to South Park Mall and told her to pick out a ring from one of the Jewelry kiosks....... :depressed

sa_butta
09-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Damn, I should have just taken her to South Park Mall and told her to pick out a ring from one of the Jewelry kiosks....... :depressed

:lolafter sex is the best time to ensure a yes answer.

DirkAB
09-20-2006, 11:26 AM

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

Holy shit! That is probably the coolest proposal that I've ever heard of. How long did that take to plan out? Did you have any help in planning this out or were these all your original ideas?

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Holy shit! That is probably the coolest proposal that I've ever heard of. How long did that take to plan out? Did you have any help in planning this out or were these all your original ideas?

I wanted something original for her. She had no idea I had the ring already. I asked her Dad for permission the day before to ensure the secret would be kept. I knew her favorite movie already and just called the theatre, which usually rents out to businesses. The custom slideshow was the biggest hassle, I burned 4 different formats for the projectionist to try and went the day before to make sure it played on their DVD players. If worse came to worse, I would've taken my Xbox 360 for them to link up to their video system, because it was the only DVD player that I could get the slideshow to play on.

midgetonadonkey
09-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Is she pregnant? Is that why you proposed?

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Is she pregnant? Is that why you proposed?

nope.

CuckingFunt
09-20-2006, 11:47 AM
after sex is the best time to ensure a yes answer.
After GOOD sex, you mean. Doubtful you'd get an immediate yes if your girl just had to fake it.

angel_luv
09-20-2006, 11:47 AM

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

Dude, now that is a proposal! :clap There was no way she was going to say no.
Awesome! Congrats! :)

Silver21_Black20
09-20-2006, 11:49 AM
How sweet!

Congratulations Danyo.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Dude, now that is a proposal! :clap There was no way she was going to say no.
Awesome! Congrats! :)

It would've sucked if she said no....

I would've had to signal our Moms to get out of the theatre with a thumbs down to avoid further embarassment. :lol

angel_luv
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
It would've sucked if she said no....

I would've had to signal our Moms to get out of the theatre with a thumbs down to avoid further embarassment. :lol

Well if you are always this thoughtful towards her, she's probably been hoping you'd ask. :)

Taco
09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Very Cool!!!

Congrats Danyo!!!

easjer
09-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Awwww! What a terrific proposal story! How thoughtful! Congratulations!!!

Mixability
09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks for all congrats and to everyone who helped in the "Diamond" thread and so on.....

It took me 4 hours to just pick out the ring.......... :spin

Imagine when we get into the details for the wedding and honeymoon.......... :lol

09-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all congrats and to everyone who helped in the "Diamond" thread and so on.....

It took me 4 hours to just pick out the ring.......... :spin

Imagine when we get into the details for the wedding and honeymoon.......... :lol

You're better off heading to Vegas or down to the JP and a honeymoon at Port A. After that proposal, you're going to be expected to have the ceremony on top of the Continential Divide at sunrise with you and your groomsmen riding up on horseback while the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings "Ave Maria".

DirkAB
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I asked her Dad for permission the day before to ensure the secret would be kept.

I've always had a problem with this tradition, and I'm probably going to get hammered for this opinion. Why are guys expected to ask the fathers permission? What is the point? And why is it the dad's call? Shouldn't the mom be given the same courtesy or opportunity to object? Makes no sense.

If a father doesn't give his permission, is a guy expected to not propose? Or are they expected to propose w/o the father's permission?

To me it should be changed from asking for permission from the father to giving the parents the courtesy of a heads up, with no right what-so-ever to object. The courtesy should be that they are just thankful to know ahead of time, instead of having a right to put the kibosh on the whole deal.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
You're better off heading to Vegas or down to the JP and a honeymoon at Port A. After that proposal, you're going to be expected to have the ceremony on top of the Continential Divide at sunrise with you and your groomsmen riding up on horseback while the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings "Ave Maria".

Our honeymoon ideas include the following options: Hawaii, Fiji, Bora Bora, Brazil or Argentina....... we have alot of narrowing down to do.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I've always had a problem with this tradition, and I'm probably going to get hammered for this opinion. Why are guys expected to ask the fathers permission? What is the point? And why is it the dad's call? Shouldn't the mom be given the same courtesy or opportunity to object? Makes no sense.

If a father doesn't give his permission, is a guy expected to not propose? Or are they expected to propose w/o the father's permission?

To me it should be changed from asking for permission from the father to giving the parents the courtesy of a heads up, with no right what-so-ever to object. The courtesy should be that they are just thankful to know ahead of time, instead of having a right to put the kibosh on the whole deal.

I did it out of respect. She lives with her parents along with her son. Her parents are extremely attached to their grandson. I basically gave him a heads up that I was wanting to show her that I was serious about our relationship and wanted him to know how I felt about his daughter. I'm sure he knew the proposal was coming, but I just wanted to assure him I wasn't taking his only child and grandchild away from him.

sickdsm
09-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm extremely picky and sometimes too romantic with the details. We're always joking about how we always have to make reservations for 2 1/2 when we go out, because of our son.

So I got her a 2 1/2 carat diamond ring from Helzberg. :fro

DAMN! 2 1/2 TW or center stone? That's big regardless. Both of us went ring shopping and we both came to the conclusion that chains are overpriced. Doesn't sound like that was a factor though for you. My girl just said yes last night too. Not anywhere near as romantic bc she was getting all bitchy at me while i was talking to her on the phone bc i wasn't going to see her. I was lieing and i WAS on my way to see her though and finally told her. The only cool part of my proposal is that i had a couple's coupon book she gave me 4 years ago that i used one out of before i lost it and she gave me a hard time about, i found it a couple months ago and used the "grant me this one wish" and wrote will you marry me in it.

Back on the ring topic, my girl was so proud of me bc i insisted we drive to Minneapolis and go to this place called Arther's, which is conveniently one of the lowest priced online retailers also. HUGE selection, salesman worked on no commision and i convinced her to take a look at some star 129's with 129 facets. She loved it.

I also talked the salesman into mailing it to me out of state so i didn't have to pay the 6.5% tax and she got to try on the most expensive ring they had there, $61k. Little disspointed though bc they had one earlier on the website that was $282k

Mixability
09-20-2006, 12:34 PM
DAMN! 2 1/2 TW or center stone? That's big regardless. Both of us went ring shopping and we both came to the conclusion that chains are overpriced. Doesn't sound like that was a factor though for you. My girl just said yes last night too. Not anywhere near as romantic bc she was getting all bitchy at me while i was talking to her on the phone bc i wasn't going to see her. I was lieing and i WAS on my way to see her though and finally told her. The only cool part of my proposal is that i had a couple's coupon book she gave me 4 years ago that i used one out of before i lost it and she gave me a hard time about, i found it a couple months ago and used the "grant me this one wish" and wrote will you marry me in it.

Back on the ring topic, my girl was so proud of me bc i insisted we drive to Minneapolis and go to this place called Arther's, which is conveniently one of the lowest priced online retailers also. HUGE selection, salesman worked on no commision and i convinced her to take a look at some star 129's with 129 facets. She loved it.

I also talked the salesman into mailing it to me out of state so i didn't have to pay the 6.5% tax and she got to try on the most expensive ring they had there, $61k. Little disspointed though bc they had one earlier on the website that was $282k

I went to Americus, but I guess I didn't look like I had money to spend, sucks for them. Helzberg was very helpful, they stayed 2 hours past closing for me to finally decide. Cost wasn't a big deal for me, I just wanted quality and the perfect ring basically. It was 2 1/2 TDW with a couple tiny stones on the side. Not too trendy, just a classic look, which I'm glad she loved.

angel_luv
09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
The only cool part of my proposal is that i had a couple's coupon book she gave me 4 years ago that i used one out of before i lost it and she gave me a hard time about, i found it a couple months ago and used the "grant me this one wish" and wrote will you marry me in it.

I think that is sweet. :)

My dad passed away but I like the idea of a guy asking the parents permisssion. ( I agree with you Bakrid that the mom should be included.)

As for asking permission being necessary, I think it depends very much on the couple.

As a hopefully future bride, I personally will not marry someone my mom did not approve of.
This is my thinking: I know that my mom is eager to see me married
and would never hinder that process unless she had serious concerns.
Because my mom knows me so well and, of all the people I know, really has my future happiness at heart, it just seems smart to consult her.

From the groom's side:
I like Danyo's desire to include his in laws in his celebration and future. I think it is important that my husband value and honor my parents and vice versa.

As I said in the beginning, what is right in a relationship is a decision for individual couples to make. I know every situation is different so my ideas won't work for everyone.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
As aFrom the groom's side:
I like Danyo's desire to include his in laws in his celebration and future. I think it is important that my husband value and honor my parents and vice versa.

I know it was a BIG deal to her family, because she's an only child. I couldn't see myself asking her without them involved.

Also, my Mom had no idea what was going on either, she just thought she was going to the movies. Good thing she kept quiet through the whole thing or my gf would've known something was up.

Kori Ellis
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow, that's awesome.

The final touch of having your moms there was great! Congratulations.

Slomo
09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Congrats Danyo!

And :tu :tu on the proposal!
Man am I glad I'm already married :lol

Mixability
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow, that's awesome.

The final touch of having your moms there was great! Congratulations.

Well, with your telling of timvp's proposal a while back, I knew I had a bar to reach.

If our Mom's weren't there, we might have had to elope in order to get married at all.... :lol

angel_luv
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I know it was a BIG deal to her family, because she's an only child. I couldn't see myself asking her without them involved.

Not only is it kind to involve the families, I think it is smart.
No matter how great your marriage, there will be times everyone needs extra support and encouragement. No sense in alienating the people most inclined to help you.

easjer
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Just tell her to avoid theknot.com and other such planning sites. At least the chat boards. They can be awful, and it's amazing what you don't need before visiting such sites.

FYI - best book/wedding planning resource we had for our wedding was the book Bridal Bargains - details a lot of the scams of the wedding industry, how to avoid them, how to find good deals. Worth it's weight in gold. Even if you aren't on a budget like we were, you don't want to get ripped off on the deal. I loved wedding planning - my mom and I did a lot together.

easjer
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Not only is it kind to involve the families, I think it is smart.
No matter how great your marriage, there will be times everyone needs extra support and encouragement. No sense in alienating the people most inclined to help you.

Angel, you are making the assumption the families want to be included and want to help, which is not always the case. I think it's great that Danyo and Danyo's fiance have such supportive and involved families, but that's not the case for everyone.

My dad did not want to be asked for his permission - I brought it up once and he looked surprised and said I was a grown woman perfectly capable of making up my own mind.

And as for including SFIE's family - well, let's just say no one was shocked when they didn't attend our wedding.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Just tell her to avoid theknot.com and other such planning sites. At least the chat boards. They can be awful, and it's amazing what you don't need before visiting such sites.

FYI - best book/wedding planning resource we had for our wedding was the book Bridal Bargains - details a lot of the scams of the wedding industry, how to avoid them, how to find good deals. Worth it's weight in gold. Even if you aren't on a budget like we were, you don't want to get ripped off on the deal. I loved wedding planning - my mom and I did a lot together.

whats wrong with theknot.com Are there nasty trolls on the bride forums too?

Bridal Bargains.... hmm, link?

SpursWoman
09-20-2006, 01:52 PM
whats wrong with theknot.com Are there nasty trolls on the bride forums too?

Bridal Bargains.... hmm, link?

Bridezillas from hell. :madrun :madrun :madrun

I like the idea of a guy asking the parents permisssion

I think that must be someoneIknow's hold up. He's waiting on my parents' blessing. :spin

easjer
09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Yes, there are. But in general, worked up brides and bridezillas can be a nasty bunch. The other parts of the site can be pretty helpful (especially Q&A) and give good tips. But I also think they tend to be a bit too commercial - save the dates are *nice* but not necessary. You don't have to buy a designer, special order gown for $7000 to have a beautiful wedding dress. Despite how it may seem to an anxious bride (and I totally cared about this shit), no one really cares too much about the centerpieces or aisle runner and whether you used brick red or terracotta red for the ribbons. I think theknot can exacerbate worry over the small details. But there is helpful advice.

Hang on and I'll go find a link to the book.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 01:55 PM
nah, she's stayed away from the chat areas on theknot.com, but the calendar is very helpful, so we don't forget anything.

easjer
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/bridalbargains/default.html

There's the link.

One of the best tips I got was for my wedding dress - they do a listing/ranking of designers and how they measure up on quality, cost, originality, etc. They gave Eden Bridal a great ranking and I ordered from them. But instead of going through a salon, I went through Netbride.com (online retailer, but very reputable, have a physical store in MN) and got it for half the cost of what I was quoted at the salon. That was a great deal.

easjer
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, the calendar was good. I enjoyed seeing it change to 1 day then 0 days (but we'd been planning forever, so it was great to watch it go under a year. also, I'm easily entertained).

What I learned from my wedding experience is that if you try hard to have a lovely wedding, and you put effort into it and include the people who care about you, and try hard to make a ceremony that is meaningful to you and a party that is fun for your guests, your wedding will be more stress free and enjoyable and become a really great memory for everyone.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
thanks for the link easjer.

I'm looking to just hire someone to do the planning and coordinating just so we only have to worry about showing up at the wedding and "doing" the honeymoon. :eyebrows

easjer
09-20-2006, 02:23 PM

One final tip - which it appears will not be a problem from what you've already posted - go away for the HM. We didn't, and I don't regret that we got to spend extra time with people we don't often see who had travelled a long way for the wedding, but we got NO sleep (and not in the good way). And there was always someone else to visit with. And my mom wanted to take us to lunch. And my dad wanted to show us the DVD he'd made of the wedding. It was not restful at all - it was exhausting!

angel_luv
09-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Angel, you are making the assumption the families want to be included and want to help, which is not always the case. I think it's great that Danyo and Danyo's fiance have such supportive and involved families, but that's not the case for everyone.

My dad did not want to be asked for his permission - I brought it up once and he looked surprised and said I was a grown woman perfectly capable of making up my own mind.

And as for including SFIE's family - well, let's just say no one was shocked when they didn't attend our wedding.

That makes sense.

For what it is worth, I think you and SFIE were very fortunate in love. :)

CosmicCowboy
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

how sweeeeeeet! you are soooooo screwed now. She is gonna expect that kind of shit on every anniversary now...LOL

09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Danyo, one piece of advice, take a day off before you leave for the honeymoon. You're going to be exhausted from the wedding, so give yourself a day to sleep in before you have to be at the airport to leave.

desflood
09-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Congrats Danyo! Don't say we didn't warn you :lol

Kori Ellis
09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Danyo - Are you getting married here in town? I will find the name of our florist for you. They were simply awesome. They had hydrangeas flown in, dyed certain flowers how I wanted them, etc. (And they aren't crazy expensive)

tlongII
09-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Danyo,

I know some good divorce attorneys if you need one. Just sayin...

Mixability
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM

One final tip - which it appears will not be a problem from what you've already posted - go away for the HM. We didn't, and I don't regret that we got to spend extra time with people we don't often see who had travelled a long way for the wedding, but we got NO sleep (and not in the good way). And there was always someone else to visit with. And my mom wanted to take us to lunch. And my dad wanted to show us the DVD he'd made of the wedding. It was not restful at all - it was exhausting!

I will NOT be staying in town, much less in the country for that matter. I want to be away with my bride. As long as I have the private beach and soundproof walls for us, we're set. :eyebrows

Mixability
09-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Danyo, one piece of advice, take a day off before you leave for the honeymoon. You're going to be exhausted from the wedding, so give yourself a day to sleep in before you have to be at the airport to leave.

I'm hoping to rest on the plane, because I want to go directly to the airport after the reception. I'm gonna feel horrible leaving our son, but I also don't want to hear him asking, "are you hurting mommy?" every morning. :lol

Mixability
09-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Danyo - Are you getting married here in town? I will find the name of our florist for you. They were simply awesome. They had hydrangeas flown in, dyed certain flowers how I wanted them, etc. (And they aren't crazy expensive)

Yup, we'll be here in town. Everything is still in the early stages, but the info would be good to have for later. Thanks.

ATX Spur
09-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Congrats, amigo!

Kori Ellis
09-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Yup, we'll be here in town. Everything is still in the early stages, but the info would be good to have for later. Thanks.

Just FYI, if you are getting married in a year or so, you probably have to book a reception place within the next couple months. Some places in S.A. are booked 12-18 months in advance.

Mixability
09-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Just FYI, if you are getting married in a year or so, you probably have to book a reception place within the next couple months. Some places in S.A. are booked 12-18 months in advance.

We have connections with the place we want, so luckily for us, we're done with that. But any and all advice would be good.

2Blonde
09-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I think the modern day tradition is more about asking for the blessing (not necessarily permission) from the head of the household of bride-to-be which is usually the father. I believe it's simply a matter of respect. Kind of like showing that the man your daughter is marrying is the sort of person who would open doors for women and pull out the chair for them in a restaurant. Wouldn't you want the man who wants to marry your daughter to show you that he cherishes your daughter enough to stand in front of you and state his intentions and ask for your blessings?

kobe_bryant
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
weak

Mixability
09-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I think the modern day tradition is more about asking for the blessing (not necessarily permission) from the head of the household of bride-to-be which is usually the father. I believe it's simply a matter of respect. Kind of like showing that the man your daughter is marrying is the sort of person who would open doors for women and pull out the chair for them in a restaurant. Wouldn't you want the man who wants to marry your daughter to show you that he cherishes your daughter enough to stand in front of you and state his intentions and ask for your blessings?

exactly why I asked.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey Danyo, I read some of this yesterday and hadn't weighed in yet.

First off, congrats to you and your fiancee.

Second, DAMN GOOD PROPOSAL.

Mixability
09-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Hey Danyo, I read some of this yesterday and hadn't weighed in yet.

First off, congrats to you and your fiancee.

Second, DAMN GOOD PROPOSAL.

Thanks, I was nervous through the whole thing, I thought she would feel my heart pumping while she was holding my hand towards the end of the movie.

Now to plan the honeymoon, I did find exactly what I'm looking for in a locale, but the scheduling is a little off. :spin

DirkAB
09-21-2006, 12:16 PM

This has nothing to do with Danyo's situation, this is strictly hypothetical.

You're assuming that the father is always a reasonable person. There are fathers out there that think that nobody is good enough for their daughter, and basically don't like any boyfriend that their daughter brings home. Plus there are really stuborn and controlling fathers out there that could try to stand in the way just because of their own selfish reasons.

Is the man still expected to propose to the woman w/o the father's permission or blessing? Especially if what she wants is to be proposed to by this man, should the father have that much power in the adult daughters life?

Mixability
09-21-2006, 12:25 PM
This has nothing to do with Danyo's situation, this is strictly hypothetical.

You're assuming that the father is always a reasonable person. There are fathers out there that think that nobody is good enough for their daughter, and basically don't like any boyfriend that their daughter brings home. Plus there are really stuborn and controlling fathers out there that could try to stand in the way just because of their own selfish reasons.

Is the man still expected to propose to the woman w/o the father's permission or blessing? Especially if what she wants is to be proposed to by this man, should the father have that much power in the adult daughters life?

I get what you're saying. In some cases, the bf shouldn't have to ask. I knew he would appreciate the gesture and the respect, so that's why I did it. I knew he wouldn't say no, because we get along great. If he was a jerk, I wouldn't even had asked him, and still asked my fiance.

sickdsm
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
If you don't know what the answer will be don't propose, likely if you don't know what her father's going to say, don't ask him.

1Parker1
09-21-2006, 08:10 PM

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

Oh my god! That is amazing, Danyo. I thought those kinds of romantic proposals only happened in movies. She's very lucky to have you! Congrats to you both!! :)

1Parker1
09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Well, with your telling of timvp's proposal a while back, I knew I had a bar to reach.

Awww, I must have missed the story. How'd Timvp propose to Kori?

dirk4mvp
09-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats. I'm not getting married anytime soon, but good luck with your marriage. :tu

jcrod
09-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Damn dude, thats original and classic!

Also where are you having the reception? We're going to be renewing our vowls in about 2yrs and probably need to start thinking of reserving the place.

Anybody have suggestions?

Mixability
09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh my god! That is amazing, Danyo. I thought those kinds of romantic proposals only happened in movies. She's very lucky to have you! Congrats to you both!! :)

Thanks, she watches a whole bunch of romantic/comedy movies, so I had some stiff competition.

Awww, I must have missed the story. How'd Timvp propose to Kori?

Something about rose petals and what not, maybe she'll chime in again.....

Mixability
09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Congrats Danyo!

(Although you still are a punk ass lil' bitch)

Uh, thanks.