PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Felton Thinking Playoffs In Charlotte

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Felton foresees berth in playoffs

For 2nd straight season, 2nd-year guard forecasts deliverance from lottery

CHAPEL HILL - Raymond Felton still says the Charlotte Bobcats are going to the playoffs.

He remains adamant they would have fulfilled a prediction he made and reached the playoffs last season -- if not for injuries to Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace and Sean May.

Felton, a second-year guard, predicted Tuesday the Bobcats will make the playoffs in 2006-07 if they stay healthy.

"It's playoffs. Definitely," Felton said during a news conference to promote the Bobcats' Oct. 17 exhibition with the Washington Wizards at North Carolina, where he played in college. "We have that type of talent. And I have that much confidence in my team."

In September 2005, while speaking to eighth-graders at Piedmont Middle School, Felton predicted the Bobcats would make the playoffs. They finished 26-56. Milwaukee (40-42) grabbed the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Injuries limited Okafor, the 2004-05 rookie of the year, to 26 games, leading scorer Wallace to 55 and May to 23 in an 82-game schedule.

Felton said Okafor is a great shot-blocker and rebounder who can score when Felton drives and delivers the ball in the post. Felton called Wallace "Mr. Everything" -- a gifted scorer, rebounder and defender.

Adam Morrison, chosen out of Gonzaga with the No. 3 pick in the draft, can shoot, drive and pass and possesses a tremendous competitive spirit, Felton said. With those pieces in place, Felton said, he is confident the Bobcats will make the playoffs.

"I think so," Felton said. "I know so."

RON ARTEST
09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
well he better think again.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Not so fast my friend! :lol

http://sidesalad.net/archives/LeeCorsoSombrero1.jpg

East Coast Babe
09-21-2006, 02:48 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that they will make it....Maybe not this year or next, but sooner or later I think they will be in the playoffs. Felton is just premature with his predictions! :blah

velik_m
09-21-2006, 06:24 AM
There's no stoping Breza!

EC finals: Bobcats - Raptors.

JamStone
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Its the East. Anything is possible.

That team is going to be so solid in a few years. I really like what they are doing in Charlotte.

Chali 2Na is definitely one of the most underrated rappers. He's one of my favorites too.

leemajors
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Chali 2Na is definitely one of the most underrated rappers. He's one of my favorites too.

not a huge fan of the group as a whole, but i like what cut chemist and numark do.

RS189
09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
There's no stoping Breza!

EC finals: Bobcats - Raptors.

that would be awesome

waterbottle2000
09-21-2006, 06:17 PM
raymond felton is tupac