PDA

View Full Version : Nachos!!!!!!!!

RandomGuy
09-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I love nachos. Really really love them.

My wife makes THE best nachos with just some very simple ingredients.

I will throw out a question or two here to y'all:

What type of chips make the best nachos?

Do you use salsa for them?

Whay do YOU like on your nachos?

Should we make nachos the official texas state animal?

midgetonadonkey
09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Rico's cheese and jalapenos

http://www.fcfpopcorn.com/cart/products/smNachoCheeseSauce.jpg

This shit is the best for nachos.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
That's the stuff we used for the nachos at the Galaxy. Top shelf cheese, all the way.

Mixability
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM

can't beat it.

:tu

BeerIsGood!
09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
melted cheddar and jack cheese with beef, beans, guac, etc. Good stuff

Actually, however Tico's in McAllen makes them on the botana plate. That stuff is great with the fajitas on it.

tlongII
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Is that cheese only sold in Texas/Southwest or something? Never seen it.

katyon6th
09-21-2006, 02:16 PM

That's not real cheese.

midgetonadonkey
09-21-2006, 02:17 PM
That's not real cheese.

It's real good though.

CheezWiz
09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
It's real good though.

Yeah it is.

ORION
09-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Nachos are essential to a healthy diet.

ORION
09-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Dammit ! Now I want Nachos !

Sonia_TX
09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
mmm I had Nachos on Sunday at Salsalitos (beef fajita nachos). Now I want some more... thanks RandomGuy!

i like mine with Velvetta Cheese but they have to have beans and fajitas on them. Yummo! Ricos cheese is good too..

Ocotillo
09-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't do the faux cheese stuff or just throwing a bunch of chips in a bowl and drizzling goop on them.

Pick your favorite chip and then spread refried bean on each chip. Generously smother with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Top with jalapenos that have been cut vertically rather than horizontally. Stick in the oven set at 350 until the cheese is bubbly.

sa_butta
09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Cheese, beans, sour cream, guacamole, and maybe some salsa.

baseline bum
09-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I usually like to fry my own chips, then put a bit of carne asasda cooked with lime, with cheddar cheese, grilled onions, a liberal serving of pickled jalapenos, and a gang of homemade guacamole.

leemajors
09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
billy's in austin has delicious nachos. black beans, cheese, onion, red/green peps and jalepenos.

Big P
09-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I like taking a good chalupa shell as the base chip, breaking it into 2 or 3's, spreading refried beans on each, sprinkle cheddar cheese on each one, throw in the oven on "high" broil, let beans heat, cheese melt & chips crisp up, take them out & put sliced jalapenos on each one.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
09-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Nachos are essential to a healthy diet.

Word

Nachos got everything you need in em. Just no sour cream please.

Chachos nachos are the best esp after a few brews.

Guru of Nothing
09-21-2006, 09:10 PM
If I want good nachos, I begin by baking corn tortillas in the oven at 400 degrees - about 12 minutes, flipping half-way.

If I want the best nachos ever, I fry the corn tortillas myself in oil (canola tastes best), and season them generously with sea salt as soon as I take them out of the oil.

I could go on about how I mash cooked pinto beans AND add finely hacked chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce AND mix it with carmelized onions AND add crushed chili petins AND top with thinly sliced fresh jalapenos AND cheese (shredded extra sharp cheddar and monterrey jack) .... bake until barely warm. I then top with chilled, diced tomatoes just before serving.

It's not bad.

Once I was drunk and added a little roasted garlic to the mixture and it worked out okay. ... black beans work just as well as pintos, but I tend to use black beans when I fry flour tortillas instead of corn.

BeerIsGood!
09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Word

Chachos nachos are the best esp after a few brews.
Or after a few of their frozen jack and cokes.

Melmart1
09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Frozen Jack and coke... Methinks I need to get drunk this weekend :lol

I like the nachos guru was speaking of.. but you fry flour tortillas sometimes instead of corn? Very interesting.

I sometimes make a white chicken chili and eat that on blue corn chips with monterrey jack, it is damn good and a nice change of pace. My friends always ask for the chicken ranch nachos when I have them over for drinks, but normally I go for beans, ground beef, cheese, guac and sour cream with scallions.

The sone
09-22-2006, 01:02 AM
dont matter what i puts on mine cause theys "nach-yo"s!!!!

MosesGuthrie
09-22-2006, 01:04 AM
I sometimes make a white chicken chili and eat that on blue corn chips with monterrey jack, it is damn good and a nice change of pace. My friends always ask for the chicken ranch nachos when I have them over for drinks, but normally I go for beans, ground beef, cheese, guac and sour cream with scallions

damn...I am hungry now!

I told ya'll Mel was the shizzle. :)

CuckingFunt
09-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I like the nachos guru was speaking of.. but you fry flour tortillas sometimes instead of corn? Very interesting.

I sometimes make a white chicken chili and eat that on blue corn chips with monterrey jack, it is damn good and a nice change of pace. My friends always ask for the chicken ranch nachos when I have them over for drinks, but normally I go for beans, ground beef, cheese, guac and sour cream with scallions.
The chips made from the flour tortillas are the best. There's a restaurant where I live that makes their own heavenly flour tortillas, and occasionally you'll be lucky enough to get a chip basket with a few of those thrown in.

Also, your nachos with the blue corn chips sound really good.

Melmart1
09-22-2006, 01:15 AM
damn...I am hungry now!

I told ya'll Mel was the shizzle. :)
When did you say that? :lol

And yeah, I am hungry too now. Time to go raid the fridge.

Jekka
09-22-2006, 01:18 AM

I can't eat that shit anymore after working for them. I updated that freaking label last summer.

The sone
09-22-2006, 01:24 AM
I can't eat that shit anymore after working for them. I updated that freaking label last summer.

yeah i saw your work...i noticed it went from "red and yellow" to "yellow and red"....nice work there knitting knuckles!!!

Jekka
09-22-2006, 01:42 AM
yeah i saw your work...i noticed it went from "red and yellow" to "yellow and red"....nice work there knitting knuckles!!!
I felt it was my duty to shake the place up.

The sone
09-22-2006, 01:51 AM
I felt it was my duty to shake the place up.

you truly are the "back massager" of the advertising world... :lol

RandomGuy
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Cheese, beans, sour cream, guacamole, and maybe some salsa.

Guacamole with some lime. mmmmm.

Anybody ever try the lime flavore tostitos for nachos?

(never have but thinking of trying some out)

RandomGuy
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM

Isn't that stuff basically cheez-whiz?

I am more of a wisconsin cheddar guy myself.

Damn, I am getting hungry. I should wait until AFTER dinner to post on this thread.

Summers
09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
My wife makes THE best nachos

You love me! You really love me! :lol

batman2883
09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
chacho's kills any nacho ever made

RandomGuy
09-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Next Nacho question:

Taco Bell "nachos"

:tu or :td ?

I will kick this one off with my next post.

johnsmith
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Next Nacho question:

Taco Bell "nachos"
:tu or :td

I will kick this one off with my next post.

Glorious.

RandomGuy
09-26-2006, 08:24 AM
:soapbox:

Taco Bell should be fined for every so-called "nacho" they sell.

Those things suck [gross anatomical references to simian body parts deleted as we are talking about food after all].

Taco Bell "nachos" are like salsa made in New Jersey. "Get a rope." :hang

They take the cheapest chips they can find, and the cheapest cheese-like substance to put on them, and then have the nerve to call them nachos? GRRRRR....

katyon6th
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
I don't eat Taco Bell. Their beans are questionable.

johnsmith
09-26-2006, 08:26 AM
:soapbox:

Taco Bell should be fined for every so-called "nacho" they sell.

Those things suck [gross anatomical references to simian body parts deleted as we are talking about food after all].

Taco Bell "nachos" are like salsa made in New Jersey. "Get a rope." :hang

They take the cheapest chips they can find, and the cheapest cheese-like substance to put on them, and then have the nerve to call them nachos? GRRRRR....

Yes, and they are wonderful at 3:00 AM when you are good and drunk. God I love those things.

RandomGuy
09-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, and they are wonderful at 3:00 AM when you are good and drunk. God I love those things.

Heh, that is where 7-11 "burritos" are ok too.

I didn't think that taco bell was open at 3 am.

Best drunk food: Pizza. Mmmm carb loads...

RandomGuy
09-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I don't eat Taco Bell. Their beans are questionable.

The alleged "beans" are a lot like most of the menu. Alleged food-like substances, assembled hastily.

Tasty every once in a while tho'.

CuckingFunt
09-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Taco Bell has it's place. There are a few items on the menu that are delicious in their own nasty little way. Every now and then, however, you'll hear someone refer to Taco Bell food as Mexican food, and that makes me crazy.

johnsmith
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Taco Bell has it's place. There are a few items on the menu that are delicious in their own nasty little way. Every now and then, however, you'll hear someone refer to Taco Bell food as Mexican food, and that makes me crazy.

Being from Denver, I wasn't aware what real mexican food was until I moved to South Texas.
Taco Bells are open 24 hours a day where I went to college and was just moments away from wherever I lived.

Bless Taco Bell and the great Mexican Pizza.

RandomGuy
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Being from Denver, I wasn't aware what real mexican food was until I moved to South Texas.
Taco Bells are open 24 hours a day where I went to college and was just moments away from wherever I lived.

Bless Taco Bell and the great Mexican Pizza.

I am from the same part of the country.

My wife is fond of telling the story about talking on the phone to my mother. My mother excused herself at the end of the call saying she wanted mexican food so she was going to go to Taco Bell. :lol

When my father came to visit and I took him to Taco Cabana, he simply could not believe that TCs don't have freezers. TC restaurants don't use frozen ingredients for anything except margaritas, btw. He was also astounded that a fast food place would sell margaritas.

Now that I think about it, I have never tried TC nachos. I sense a payday experiment...

RandomGuy
09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I feel so betrayed.

After 11 years of marriage, I have discovered a horrible secret about my wife.

She likes Taco Bell nachos.

Said she "they do have their time and place" and "if men can like fake boobs, I can like fake nachos".

Oh the pain.... :depressed

BeerIsGood!
09-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I feel so betrayed.

After 11 years of marriage, I have discovered a horrible secret about my wife.

She likes Taco Bell nachos.

Said she "they do have their time and place" and "if men can like fake boobs, I can like fake nachos".

Oh the pain.... :depressed
Drop her like a hot potato.

SpursWoman
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM

Even though I hate Taco Bell .... and like Chacho's Nachos a little too much ... that was pretty damn funny. :lol

Guru of Nothing
09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
When my father came to visit and I took him to Taco Cabana, he simply could not believe that TCs don't have freezers.

TMI

Summers
09-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Drop her like a hot potato.

He'll never do that. I cook for him and let him have sex with me. :lol

RandomGuy
09-29-2006, 08:11 AM
He'll never do that. I cook for him and let him have sex with me. :lol

"let him"?

aw man. Anyone seen my ego? I think it just dropped between the cracks in the floorboards...

RandomGuy
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
To settle the debate, we actually did go to taco bell and try the nachos bell grande.

They still used fake cheese, but the grande nachos at least have some semi-fresh tomato bits and olives.

Not quite all bad, but still not as good as the stuff my wife makes.

johnsmith
09-29-2006, 08:32 AM
To settle the debate, we actually did go to taco bell and try the nachos bell grande.

They still used fake cheese, but the grande nachos at least have some semi-fresh tomato bits and olives.

Not quite all bad, but still not as good as the stuff my wife makes.

Yeah, but does your wife make them in 1 minute?

RandomGuy
09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but does your wife make them in 1 minute?

She is THAT good, yes. [/humor]

Nah, more like 5-10 mins.

RandomGuy
10-01-2006, 01:58 PM
NACHO UPDATE:

Chili's nachos rate a 7 on a 10-high scale

They are good but waaaay to greasy. They are ok, but not great.

johnsmith
10-01-2006, 02:34 PM
NACHO UPDATE:

Chili's nachos rate a 7 on a 10-high scale

They are good but waaaay to greasy. They are ok, but not great.

I too enjoy Chili's nachos. You know where else is good that you wouldn't think they'd be, Buffalo Wild Wings. Now, granted, I had drank my body weight in beer the day I had them so I can't say for sure, but at the time, they were glorious.

RandomGuy
10-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I too enjoy Chili's nachos. You know where else is good that you wouldn't think they'd be, Buffalo Wild Wings. Now, granted, I had drank my body weight in beer the day I had them so I can't say for sure, but at the time, they were glorious.

Is that in the central texas area?

johnsmith
10-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Is that in the central texas area?

They have a few in San Antonio now, the closest one to you would be on 1604 and 35 because I don't think they have them in San Marcos or New Braunfels. I know they have at least one in Austin, one of which being downtown. They have perhaps the greatest Chicken Wings ever created and a very good selection of flavors. Try the Spicy Garlic, I love that stuff.