PDA

View Full Version : This might be the first time I've ever agreed with Bobby Knight

ShoogarBear
09-21-2006, 05:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/09/21/knight.replay.ap/index.html

Knight weighs in on OU-Oregon call
Coach likens result to '03 Texas Tech-OU hoops game
Posted: Thursday September 21, 2006 6:00PM; Updated: Thursday September 21, 2006 6:08PM

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight said Oklahoma fans now knows how he felt after his team lost a game at OU three years ago when a late-starting clock gave the Sooners extra time to score a game-tying basket.

Knight called for Oklahoma to forfeit its basketball game with Texas Tech on Jan. 20, 2003, when the Sooners won 69-64 in overtime after two clock controversies in the final seconds of regulation. Video replay later showed the game clock started late after the Sooners in-bounded the ball on the game-tying possession.

"Maybe now those people at Oklahoma understand what I was talking about," Knight told The Oklahoman for Thursday's editions.

"Had Oklahoma forfeited that game against us like I suggested, they would have gotten far more positive publicity out of that than if they had gone to the Final Four that year. Now I guess the 'duck' is swimming in the other pond."

After two blown calls went against Oklahoma in its 34-33 loss to Oregon on Saturday, University of Oklahoma president David Boren to Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg asking him to pursue having the game eliminated from the record books.

Weiberg responded with a statement saying the result of the game would stand.

Oregon scored two touchdowns late to beat Oklahoma 34-33, including the game-winner that came after the Ducks recovered an onside kick. Video replay showed Oregon touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards, but the replay official did not overturn the call.

The replay official, Gordon Riese, who was suspended by the Pac-10 for one game, requested a leave of absence for the remainder of the season, the league announced Wednesday.

That's a pretty good STFU.

tlongII
09-21-2006, 05:33 PM
"The duck's swimming in the other pond." :lol

BeerIsGood!
09-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I change my mind... those cheating bastards had it coming. So now Oregon will get screwed on a last second clock error or ref error in a basketball or football game to keep the chain of karma flowing...

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
:lol That's fucking awesome.

MajorMike
09-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Huh-larious. Bob takes several swipes at uo in one statement. Making fun of their whining, of the fact they can't get people to come see games even when they are in the FF, the fact Calvin publically called him a whiner... good stuff.