PDA

View Full Version : I put a Kerry Edwards sign in my front yard today

whottt
10-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Did I change candidates?

Nope, not in a billion years and I already voted anyway...but some assholes went and tore down all the Kerry Edwards signs of my neighbors and all the Bush signs went untouched...Pretty embarrasing.

One bright spot is that we pretty much concluded it was highschool and junior high kids that did this...it's good to see young people are able to see through the BS character assasination of Bush...bad that they chose to make that statement by trashing peoples yards.

So anyway, I went to my neighbors that had about 15 Kerry Edwards signs in their yard destroyed today and asked them for a sign...I stuck it right next to my Bush sign, both right under the American Flag that stands proudly in my front yard...to make a point. Ought to be good for a few double takes at the least.

timvp
10-27-2004, 06:09 PM
That's kinda like when you flip flopped and starting backing "The Evil To SA" train.

whottt
10-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Read it again...I didn't flip flop.

timvp
10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Read your Karl Malone flip flopping.

jalbre6
10-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Funny enough, I was listening to a talk station today and they were saying how a big kids' prank this year is to steal Kerry signs and replace them with Bush ones, and vice versa.

whottt
10-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Read your Karl Malone flip flopping.

Yeah but that's' got nothing to do with this. And I changed my stance on Malone because the Rockets got Juwan Howard and Howard has injured more Spurs than Malone. I wanted to have someone to throw at Howard, or better yet a PF I didn't like to be injured instead of Duncan. I hate Howard as much if not more than Malone.

In any case...I never claimed I was going to stop supporting the Spurs even if they did sign Malone...True I was doing an exceptional job of arguing against the signing of Malone...better than anyone if I do say so myself...but I was not near opposed to him as you and others were...it was never a choice between Malone and my Spursfandom...not even on a temporary basis.

whottt
10-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Funny enough, I was listening to a talk station today and they were saying how a big kids' prank this year is to steal Kerry signs and replace them with Bush ones, and vice versa.

I actually thought about the fact that it might have been desperate Kerry supporters destroying their own signs...especially since the guy who got the most signs destroyed was from the mid-east :).

Then I figured it ought to be good for a few laughs, even if that were true. Maybe the news will come out to my house.

I think it's a statement that needs to be made though...it pissed me off when I saw what those kids did to those peoples yards.

You are either against that sort of bahaviour or you aren't...

Obviously TimVP doesn't share that view...but I feel it's hypocritical of me to criticize Kerry supporters who do that sort of thing and not be just as pissed when Bush supporters are doing it. A principle is a principle...and if it can't be applied to everyone then it is not a very strong principle.

Hook Dem
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
".but I feel it's hypocritical of me to criticize Kerry supporters who do that sort of thing and not be just as pissed when Bush supporters are doing it. A principle is a principle...and if it can't be applied to everyone then it is not a very strong principle." ....................You get an A+ on that one Whottt.

IcemanCometh
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
whott the flip flopper

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2004, 09:39 PM
You're letting me down man.

whottt
10-28-2004, 03:55 AM
How so? I am still pro-Bush and anti-terrorist :). I didn't take my Bush sign down and I already voted for Bush. I can't stand Kerry and consider him a traitor.

But for the same reasons I support Bush against Kerry, I put that Kerry sign in my yard. People should have a right to put a sign supporting their candidate in their yard without some ahole coming and destroying it. One of my neighbors is a 75 year old woman who is sweet as can be...it really pisses me off that someone went and trashed her yard.

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Well, help her out with her yard and replace her sign.