PDA

View Full Version : Is it cold in Hell today?

Mavs<Spurs
09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
This may get moved, but I didn't see it in the other forum.

What happened? Explanation please?

I understand the USA mens team losing since the rules are so different, the team is new to each other and we don't know much about the opposition. In 3 years, I would hope that we would be in a better situation in the Olympics of 2008. It is understandable that our mens team lost for those reasons.

On the other hand, it is not very clear why our womens team lost to Russia whom they beat by 10 the other day. The US women mostly are familiar with the international game since most of them have experience playing in Europe. They know the other teams and they know the other players. Therefore, it is extremely confusing when one attempts to understand how Hell can freeze over. Our players are incredible: Candace Parker, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Katie Smith, Tina Thompson, Tamika Catchings, not to mention Cheryl Swoopes.

The only thing I can think of is (1) we are prone to turnovers and we did turn the ball over a lot and (2) any team can have a cold night shooting from the field and (3) the single elimination system allows for anomalies to take place.

Combining these 3 is the best way I can explain it.

It stinks!!!

:depressed :depressed :depressed

Right after classes, I came to check on this score and this???

How utterly depressing. I will have to erase it from my dvr.

FIBA stinks. Single elimination is dumb!!!

That's not a good way to see which team is best.

The deck is stacked against us.

Mavs<Spurs
09-21-2006, 08:57 PM
:bang

repeat ad infinitum

Mavs<Spurs
09-21-2006, 09:07 PM
This is like black holes being dense.

It is similar to the empty set and the universal sets being considered both open and closed at the same time and the complement of every open set is closed and the complement of every closed set is open and yet they are distinct from each other and different.

And the Eulerian integral over the interval 0 to a number is equivalent to the factorial of that noninteger number.

It makes no sense.

It is like supposedly solid objects actually appearing solid when it is not actually technically true.

It is similar to the fact that the decimel number with an infinitely repeating 9 = 1 and 0 ! = 1.

It is unsatisfactory.
And it is most certainly unsatisfying to contemplate the absurd!!!
And this is how we go out, not with a bang but with a whimper!!!

:pctoss :bang :bang :bang

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Australian women > American women :smokin

Shaolin-Style
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
The ugliest australian woman is worse than the ugliest american woman.

too many bad coaches these days picking teams.

zero signal
09-22-2006, 11:09 AM
This is like black holes being dense.

It is similar to the empty set and the universal sets being considered both open and closed at the same time and the complement of every open set is closed and the complement of every closed set is open and yet they are distinct from each other and different.

And the Eulerian integral over the interval 0 to a number is equivalent to the factorial of that noninteger number.

It makes no sense.

It is like supposedly solid objects actually appearing solid when it is not actually technically true.

It is similar to the fact that the decimel number with an infinitely repeating 9 = 1 and 0 ! = 1.

It is unsatisfactory.
And it is most certainly unsatisfying to contemplate the absurd!!!
And this is how we go out, not with a bang but with a whimper!!!

:pctoss :bang :bang :bang

You forgot the Dirac delta function having an infinite magnitude over a period of zero length. :spin

Spurologist
09-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Australian women > American women :smokin

The best woman's player in the world is Australian and that's about it.

v2freak
09-22-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm not particularly fond of the 1 game elimination format either

We'd have 2 less championships if this is how they did it in the NBA

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2006, 05:35 AM
The best woman's player in the world is Australian and that's about it.

Yup, no-one goes close to Lauren Jackson. But we have a very strong team across the board, most of whom play WNBA. Penny Taylor was also incredible.

Onya Aussies! :D

TDMVPDPOY
09-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Yup, no-one goes close to Lauren Jackson. But we have a very strong team across the board, most of whom play WNBA. Penny Taylor was also incredible.

Onya Aussies! :D
hit it and quit it :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I wanna hit it with LJ... pity she bats for the other team! :depressed

Actually, I've met LJ. She comes from Canberra, my home, and I ran into her in the supermarket. They list her at 6'5" but I reckon she's closer to 6'7" (my height), at least in shoes. Mmmmmm, LJ...