PDA

View Full Version : Is it a cold day in Hell?

Mavs<Spurs
09-21-2006, 08:55 PM
This may get moved, but I didn't see it in the other forum.

What happened? Explanation please?

I understand the USA mens team losing since the rules are so different, the team is new to each other and we don't know much about the opposition. In 3 years, I would hope that we would be in a better situation in the Olympics of 2008. It is understandable that our mens team lost for those reasons.

On the other hand, it is not very clear why our womens team lost to Russia whom they beat by 10 the other day. The US women mostly are familiar with the international game since most of them have experience playing in Europe. They know the other teams and they know the other players. Therefore, it is extremely confusing when one attempts to understand how Hell can freeze over. Our players are incredible: Candace Parker, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Katie Smith, Tina Thompson, Tamika Catchings, not to mention Cheryl Swoopes.

The only thing I can think of is (1) we are prone to turnovers and we did turn the ball over a lot and (2) any team can have a cold night shooting from the field and (3) the single elimination system allows for anomalies to take place.

Combining these 3 is the best way I can explain it.

It stinks!!!

Right after classes, I came to check on this score and this???

How utterly depressing. I will have to erase it from my dvr.

FIBA stinks. Single elimination is dumb!!!

That's not a good way to see which team is best.

The deck is stacked against us.
Offline | Online