PDA

View Full Version : AI's mom owns an ABA team?

trueD
09-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Ann Iverson eager for ownership's challenge
She will celebrate her birthday by unveiling the new name of her new Richmond basketball franchise.
BY DAVID SQUIRES
September 22, 2006

Ann Iverson will celebrate her 47th birthday today by christening the rebirth of a professional basketball franchise that she recently purchased in Richmond.

In radio interviews in Richmond this morning, Iverson and co-owner George Christopher, both from Hampton Roads, will reveal the name of their entry in the 6-year-old American Basketball Association.

But Iverson, the team majority owner, said the new name is the Richmond Ballers.

The owners had to change the name from Richmond Warriors because of a conflict with the NBA's Golden State Warriors.

"All our players better be Ballers," Iverson said, "because if they're whack, they're going home."

Iverson, a Bethel High alumna and the mother of the Philadelphia 76ers' Allen Iverson, said she also is developing a diamond watch called Baller to be released in the near future.

Ann Iverson said her son has no involvement with the team "other than his support for me."

"I said, 'If I can do for you, I can do for them,' " she said.

"A lot of people are getting their ABA teams," Ann Iverson said. "I'm not sure how many women are involved."

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-33641sy0sep22,0,5948484.story?coll=dp-sports-local

trueD
09-22-2006, 10:12 AM
DAYUM, I want an ABA team!

I love this:
"All our players better be Ballers," Iverson said, "because if they're whack, they're going home."

MrChug
09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
The Richmond Ghetto-Fied's.