PDA

View Full Version : Louis Farrakhan on the Ropes??

01Snake
09-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Nation Of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Tells Followers He's Seriously Ill. Sorry, no link yet.

What a loss that would be. :lol

01Snake
09-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Says He's Seriously Ill

Friday, September 22, 2006

CHICAGO — Minister Louis Farrakhan said in a letter to followers this month that he is seriously ill, and he asked the Nation of Islam's leaders to carry on in his absence to make sure the movement "will live long after I and we have gone."

Farrakhan, 73, said he began suffering pain earlier this year similar to 1998, when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and underwent surgery. He said doctors discovered an ulcer in his anal area during a visit to Cuba in March.

Since then, he has lost 35 pounds while battling "serious infection and inflammation," Farrakhan said in a letter dated Sept. 11 and published in the Nation of Islam's The Final Call newspaper.

Farrakhan said he will work hard to recover "because I do not believe my earthly work is done." He said he asked his executive board to solve problems during his recovery.

Farrakhan likened his situation to that of Fidel Castro, who temporarily relinquished power because of illness.

"While many rejoiced — believing and thinking that if Fidel Castro and the Cuban Revolution expired they could move Cuba and the Revolution in a new direction — his absence from the helm only proved that Cuba will not fall apart over the absence or passing of their illustrious leader," Farrakhan wrote in the letter.

He also warned followers to be "ever watchful for any smart, crooked deceiver and hypocrite who would create confusion over my present condition."

Yonivore
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Ulcer in his anal area, eh? Sounds to me like he's one big freakin' ulcer.

Nbadan
09-23-2006, 02:51 AM
What ever you think of Farrakhan, 'on the ropes' is a piss poor choice of words.

boutons_
09-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Sounds like his 1998 prostate cancer has metastasized, in his bones probably, where it's unrelentingly, excruciatingly painful.

johnsmith
09-23-2006, 06:59 AM
What ever you think of Farrakhan, 'on the ropes' is a piss poor choice of words.

Why? He's fighting cancer, he seems to be losing a little, thus, he's on the ropes. It's a metaphor, not an insult.

Yonivore
09-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Sounds like his 1998 prostate cancer has metastasized, in his bones probably, where it's unrelentingly, excruciatingly painful.
Sounds appropriate. Not only is he an ulcer on his on anus, it hurts.

01Snake
09-23-2006, 08:56 AM

Would "one foot in the grave" sound better? :lol

Yonivore
09-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Would "one foot in the grave" sound better? :lol
Buzzards circling?

SA210
09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
hmm..

Well I see the "Christians" are here to give their "Christian" take on things.

johnsmith
09-23-2006, 10:40 AM
hmm..

Well I see the "Christians" are here to give their "Christian" take on things.

Ok