PDA

View Full Version : Would You Consider Devin Harris a Great Young Prospect?

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Bruno and I have been going back and forth on this in the other thread about Harris. I say he's a great prospect with all-star potential, Bruno says that he is nothing special. I know there is alot of Mav hate on this board but please, try to give an honest answer.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry wrong forum. If a mod sees this please move it to the NBA forum.

dirk4mvp
09-22-2006, 05:23 PM
:tu

baseline bum
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
I can see him as an all-star in a couple of years. Harris is going to be a very good player.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Pathetic.

Bruno says that he is nothing special.

If you refer to me, please us my words. I've never said that "he is nothing special". Be honest.

Now if you want to do a serious pool :
- Ask a unambiguous question : "great, potential and just decent" are too much indefinite. A question like "Do you think that Devin harris will be one day an allstar ?" with a yes/no answer is way better.
- Be neutral when you introduce the pool. "I know there is alot of Mav hate on this board" isn't neutral.
- Since you refer to me in your introduction, cut/past the posts where I explain my POV and explain your POV.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Lol the debate was never about him becoming an all-star, although I think he has the potential. Here are your exact words:

I'm not bashing him, I've just said that he isn't a great prospect.

Do you not see the title of the thread? It says "Would You Consider Devin Harris a Great Young Prospect?" Lmao, what is your argument? I took your exact words and made a poll out of them.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Lmao, what is your arument? I took your exact words and made a poll out of them.

Learn to spell argument and then maybe we'll talk basketball. :spin

Again, you don't take my exact words. I've never said "he is nothing special".
Again, your question isn't clear.

Lol the debate was never about him becoming an all-star, although I think he has the potential.

Again, be honest.

Why the sarcasm? Devin Harris is a great young prospect, I don't know why you wouldn't like his chances of becoming an all-star.

Harris isn't a "great" prospect and I doubt that he will be one day an all star given that there are something like 10 young PGs who are better than him or who are better prospects.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 07:08 PM
That first quote wasn't directed at you, I was responding to someone else. Don't even try to backtrack your way out of this one. The argument wasn't about whether he will be an all star someday, that's just my opinion. The argument started when you said:

Harris isn't that great.

I'm not bashing him, I've just said that he isn't a great prospect.

Telfair is more talented and is the better prospect.

If you would have just said that in your opinion, you don't think Devin Harris will be an all star, then that's at least a respectable opinion. But our argument was over you saying that he isn't a great prospect, hence, the poll. A great prospect doesn't always become an all star. Prospects have the skills, talents, and natural abilities to be great, but how good they actually become depends on how hard they are willing to work.

And by the way I still can't get over the Telfair comment, that was just wrong. Comon at least give Harris a little credit.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
That first quote wasn't directed at you, I was responding to someone else. Don't even try to backtrack your way out of this one.

I've answered to this first quote and it was the start of the argument.
In my first post, I've speak about all star.

I've never said that I haven't said that Harris isn't a great prospect. Why are you arguing about that?

My point is that great isn't something precise, notice the " " put around great in my first post.

If you would have just said that in your opinion, you don't think Devin Harris will be an all star, then that's at least a respectable opinion. But our argument was over you saying that he isn't a great prospect, hence, the poll.
A great prospect doesn't always become an all star. Prospects have the skills, talents, and natural abilities to be great, but how good they actually become depends on how hard they are willing to work.

A guy that has never been an allstar isn't a great player. I won't call a young player a great prospect if I don't think that he will become a great player.
We disagree on the definition of "young prospect" : that's a proof that a poll about something real like "being an all star one day" is better than a poll about a notion whose definition isn't the same for everybody.

And by the way I still can't get over the Telfair comment, that was just wrong. Comon at least give Harris a little credit.

Common give Telfair a little credit. A 20 years old player averaging 9/4 in Jailblazers nightmare is quite impressing.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I've never said that I haven't said that Harris isn't a great prospect. Why are you arguing about that?

You've got to be fucking kidding me. That is the argument.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Where did I say "I have never said that Harris isn't a great prospect" ?

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Where did I say "I have never said that Harris isn't a great prospect" ?

:lmao What the hell are you trying to say? I'm sorry I seriously don't follow.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 07:41 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me. That is the argument.

The argument is "Devin harris isn't a great prospect"
Your argument is that I don't admit to have said "Devin harris isn't a great prospect".

Bruno
09-22-2006, 07:47 PM
:lmao What the hell are you trying to say? I'm sorry I seriously don't follow.

The question is more : What the hell are you trying to say? When you say things like that: "Don't even try to back your way out of this. The proof is right there in black and white."

I've never try to back my way out the fact that I say "Devin Harris isn't a great prospect".

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 07:59 PM
The question is more : What the hell are you trying to say? When you say things like that: "Don't even try to back your way out of this. The proof is right there in black and white."

I've never try to back my way out the fact that I say "Devin Harris isn't a great prospect".

Then what the hell are you arguing about? The whole point of the poll was to get other people's opinions in order to prove you wrong. And so far, more people agree with me.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Then what the hell are you arguing about?

I said that your question sucks because everybody has his definition of "great prospect".

You want that people who have another definition than me of "great prospect" judge if I'm right when I say "Devin Harris isn't a great prospect".

I've explained what is a "great prospect" to me by associating with all star in my first post.

As I said before, your question is ambiguous and you aren't honest when you say "Bruno says that he is nothing special"

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I said that your question sucks because everybody has his definition of "great prospect".

You want that people who have another definition than me of "great prospect" judge if I'm right when I say "Devin Harris isn't a great prospect".

I've explained what is a "great prospect" to me by associating with all star in my first post.

As I said before, your question is ambiguous and you aren't honest when you say "Bruno says that he is nothing special"

The definition of a great prospect is someone who has to skills and natural abillities to become a good player. Prospects don't always work out because some players don't work hard or struggle with injuries. But Devin Harris has POTENTIAL, which means that he could quite possibly turn out to be a great player and an all star. To say that it's not possible for him to do so is absurd.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 08:58 PM
The definition of a great prospect is someone who has to skills and natural abillities to become a good player.

That's your definition, not mine.

But Devin Harris has POTENTIAL, which means that he could quite possibly turn out to be a great player and an all star. To say that it's not possible for him to do so is absurd.

Did I say that it will be impossible for Harris to become an all star ? NO

I've said that I don't think he will become an all star one day because a lot of youngs PGs are better/more promising than him. To me, it's unlikely (and not impossible) that Harris becomes an all star one day.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
That's your definition, not mine.

Did I say that it will be impossible for Harris to become an all star ? NO

I've said that I don't think he will become an all star one day because a lot of youngs PGs are better/more promising than him. To me, it's unlikely (and not impossible) that Harris becomes an all star one day.

That's why he is a prospect, not a bonafide all star.

sandeepgm
09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
i think devin is better than telfair ,tj ford and Nelson. I can see him getting 18/6 assists/4 rebounds/ 1.5-2 steals at his peak. should be a borderline all star. Right now he has to get consistent, his game is so up and down now.

Bruno
09-22-2006, 09:07 PM
That's why he is a prospect, not a bonafide all star.

But not a great prospect to me, only a very good prospect.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 09:09 PM
But not a great prospect to me, only a very good prospect.

Now you're starting to get the right idea!

Bruno
09-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Now you're starting to get the right idea!

:lol I've never said that Harris isn't a very good prospect.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Bruno and I have been going back and forth on this in the other thread about Harris. I say he's a great prospect with all-star potential, Bruno says that he is nothing special. I know there is alot of Mav hate on this board but please, try to give an honest answer.
You sure have a knack for arguing about pointless shit. :lol I mean honestly did this deserve its own thread? Bruno has his opinion about Harris and hes entitled to it, as you are entitled to yours so why not leave it at that? Every poster on this board has a different take on every issue, you just need to pick your battles.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2006, 10:09 PM
You sure have a knack for arguing about pointless shit. :lol I mean honestly did this deserve its own thread? Bruno has his opinion about Harris and hes entitled to it, as you are entitled to yours so why not leave it at that? Every poster on this board has a different take on every issue, you just need to pick your battles.

Yea you're probably right.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Yea you're probably right.
Its all good :tu

East Coast Babe
09-23-2006, 04:19 AM
I have seen video of Harris and when he gets consistant, I think he will be a great player. He can be very smooth with his ball handling. Someone else has said he has quick feet too. Never seen that. JMO