PDA

View Full Version : Rove promises "October Suprise" (place your bets)

PixelPusher
09-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Karl Rove Promises October Surprise (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/9/20/141615.shtml)

Ronald Kessler
Thursday, Sept. 21, 2006

WASHINGTON -- In the past week, Karl Rove has been promising Republican insiders an "October surprise" to help win the November congressional elections.

President Bush's political strategist is also saying that the final two weeks before the elections will see a blitz of advertising, and the Republican National Committee is deploying an army of volunteers to key locations to help the grass-roots effort and monitor the elections.

The RNC is offering to fly in volunteers and cover their expenses.

Rove is not saying what the October surprise will be. Asked if he would elaborate and give his thinking about the coming elections, Rove told NewsMax that his take largely parallels what RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman said in a Sept. 5 NewsMax story.

As for the October Surprise, Rove said, "I'd rather let the balance [of plans for the elections] unroll on its own."

The previous NewsMax story quoted Mehlman as saying that Republicans will hold their majority in the House and Senate. He bases that conclusion on a recent meeting with his regional political directors, on private polling, and on analyses of individual races.

Mehlman conceded that the House is in a "competitive situation." In the House, 35 to 40 seats are in play, he said. In the Senate, 12 or 13 seats could change hands. To tilt the balance, Democrats would have to pick up six seats in the Senate and 15 seats in the House.

But, Mehlman said, "I believe that the combination of the relatively narrow playing field, the relatively strong financial position our folks are in and the national party is in, the good turnout operation that we have, the motivation of our base, and the lack of motivation of their base as indicated by turnout in a number of recent Democrat primaries," will do the trick.

Meanwhile, Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., the chairman of the Republican Study Committee, told the American Spectator Newsmaker Breakfast that even in Indiana, "There is no question that there is public consternation about our progress in Iraq." However, he said, "Hoosiers want us to come home, but they want us to win and come home."

When he was with Bush recently, the president asked him, "What do you have to say, Pence?"

"Thanks for being more determined than our enemy," Pence said.

"I like the way you put that," Bush quickly replied.

Any bets on what it could be? The old standby of "Bin Laden in chains" is certainly a possibility. Maybe someone could organize a vBookie list.

Nbadan
09-23-2006, 01:05 AM
It's not bin Laden cause the Saudi Royal Family would never give him up, unless he were already dead.

It's not a withdrawal from Iraq cause the PNACers would never give that up.

Maybe George Bush is gonna do the right thing for once and resign, but he'd have to take Dick with him...

SA210
09-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bin Laden were suddenly found, or they say "we almost got him!", or some other phony so-called "terror scare" or block of a huge "terror plot" suddenly just happened. :rolleyes

I'm sure they have some kind of stupid, phony, decietful, corrupt trick up their sleeves. Maybe a phony "victory" in Iraq, and we can suddenly bring home more troops.

Lie after lie after lie, and suddenly the gas prices are just coming down.

You can just smell November around the corner.

I just can't wait for the Impeachment process to begin.

johnsmith
09-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bin Laden were suddenly found, or some other phony so called "terror scare" or block of a "terror plot" suddenly just happened. :rolleyes

I'm sure they have some kind of stupid, phony, decietful, corrupt trick up their sleeves. Maybe a phony "victory" in Iraq, and we can suddenly bring home more troops.

Lie after lie after lie, and suddenly the gas prices are just coming down.

You can just smell November around the corner.

I just can't wait for the Impeachment process to begin.

Politicians don't have anything to do with gas prices.

There won't ever be an impeachment.

boutons_
09-23-2006, 11:03 AM
With Rove involved, there will be a very unsurprising:

buckets of slime in all directions,

personal attacks,

negative campaigning (the American sheeple love it and fall for it every time)

complete avoidance of real issues (healthcare, military waste, federal budget, energy conservation, etc),

total silence on the Repugs absent or disastrous record in running the US govt for 6 years

local issues only, eg, earmarks, pork, and other tricks to buy votes.

throwing bones to the radical "Christians" and red-state rabble (creationism, ID, abortion, same-sex marriage, flag-burning, establishment of "Christianity" as the official US "religion")

and of course, the Repugs who allowed the WTC attack to occur will paint the Dems as NatSec wimps and blame everything on Clinton.

The Repugs will not mention dubya at all because he is a Repug liablility as a horribly failied, incompetent, and unpopular president (who can't even dream of ever reaching Clinton's popularity in his last years in office).

The Dems campgaining will continue to feature dubya, because he is a Repug liability.

PixelPusher
09-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm starting to think "Bin Laden's corpse" might be the odds-on favorite, in which case it's all about timing; if this story breaks too soon, the "At-a-Boy! Way to keep us safe!" bump for Bush will dissolve into "...and why are we still in Iraq?". Rove must be praying (oops. he's actually an agnostic)...er, hoping they can keep a lid on it until the last week in October.

xrayzebra
09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
With Rove involved, there will be a very unsurprising:

buckets of slime in all directions,

personal attacks,

negative campaigning (the American sheeple love it and fall for it every time)

complete avoidance of real issues (healthcare, military waste, federal budget, energy conservation, etc),

total silence on the Repugs absent or disastrous record in running the US govt for 6 years

local issues only, eg, earmarks, pork, and other tricks to buy votes.

throwing bones to the radical "Christians" and red-state rabble (creationism, ID, abortion, same-sex marriage, flag-burning, establishment of "Christianity" as the official US "religion")

and of course, the Repugs who allowed the WTC attack to occur will paint the Dems as NatSec wimps and blame everything on Clinton.

The Repugs will not mention dubya at all because he is a Repug liablility as a horribly failied, incompetent, and unpopular president (who can't even dream of ever reaching Clinton's popularity in his last years in office).

The Dems campgaining will continue to feature dubya, because he is a Repug liability.

Ah, boutons. Is this the same Rove that gave up the Great and Courageous
CIA agent, Valerie Plame. Don't you and Sa210 ever get tired of being wrong? Oh, I forgot it wasn't Rove was it. It was one of your groupies,
Richard Armitage.

I am still waiting on your wonderful dimm-o-craps to come out with
their plan for the war on terrorist. Oh, yes, I forgot again, cut and
run and elect a dimm-o-crap and the terrorist will love us once again,
as they did in Clintons administration. Oh, once again I forgot, they
really didn't love us then, cause the blew up our embassies and the
WTC during his administration. :smokin

ChumpDumper
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Richard Armitage is their groupie?

Do you know who Richard Armitage is?